IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Y3AG3R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1221 4 years ago

Just joined the club!

Got a few things to work out, the high voltage fuse blew on the way home apparently. Fixed that but now there are some little things.

Anyone had/have issues with the credits not showing up but the ball number does?

Mine has a credit button which might be the issue but was just curious.

96F5FC12-8620-448A-A3A0-C425B34CFECD (resized).jpeg96F5FC12-8620-448A-A3A0-C425B34CFECD (resized).jpeg
#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

On the way home?! Did your vehicle get struck by lightning? Are you okay?
Welcome to the club!

I have no idea what happened. No lightning just 100 degrees in stop and go traffic for about an hour lol

#1228 4 years ago

Can someone send me some pics of how their coin mechs are wired? Mine are cut and a free play button is wired in but my wife and I like to coin drop every now and again.

1 week later
#1231 4 years ago

Figured I'd try to make it easier for others also...

Tried to post a nice Grid from Excel but it didn't look right. I've attached a picture with Part Numbers from Marcos and PBR. These are all White. I'm probably going to order a set of these and a set of colored Titan rubbers to see which ones I like better. I was thinking Orange.

I plan on doing this for Lights as well since there isn't a definitive one.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 3.21.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-17 at 3.21.56 PM (resized).png

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I posted a coin door restoration thread awhile back -- you may be able to find some wiring pics there.
Here is the first post for the Stern Door:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-bally-stern-coin-doors-step-by-step-guide-to-restoration#post-4978415

Looks like my Coin Mechs were removed. Does anyone know if these will work?

https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/forsale/coindoorparts.html#coinmechs

3 months later
#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

ANOTHER ONE AND I TOUCHED IT WITH MY DAMN HANDS WHILE REMOVING IT GOD DAMN I HATE FLORIDA[quoted image]

F That.

Going to try to get my project going here soon. Mine is in decent shape but the most important part (Left Flipper) isn't aligned properly. Hoping it isn't stripped screw holes on the underside. Needs bulbs and rubbers and probably a good cleaning.

1 week later
#1324 4 years ago

Alright, as I mentioned before. I am starting to think about cleaning up my Meteor. I have pre-ordered a CPR playfield but who knows when that will actually be available AND what issues it will have (can't be too bad with the simple playfield). If I go that route I would probably want to Clearcoat it to bullet proof it.

If you think about it though...$700 for the CPR playfield, $500 (no idea) for someone to clear coat (I am not a painter). Plus all the time it is gonna take to do the swap.

I am just not thinking it is worth it. I am never gonna get that much more for it. I also don't think it will improve the gameplay.

What are thoughts on just clear coating the playfield I have right now? It has some insert cupping and some ok touch ups. I can live with the touch ups and I am hopping the clear coat will address the cupping.

Other option would be a playfield protector for $80 (https://beehivepinball.bigcartel.com/product/playshield-playfield-protector)

Or a Hardtop which I haven't found...

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I wonder what restored meteors will go for? $2500?

$2500 is the most one has sold for. Better question is: Is anyone looking for a $2500 Fully Restored Meteor? lol

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Idk, were many people looking for $5k centaurs back when it was a sub-$2k game? once the full resto set is available for games the pricing structure changes, both for restored ones and for nice originals

This is a good point. Right now the only real option is NOS Playfield (only see 1 on ebay)...Once CPR comes out with their new PF maybe we will see a HEP Meteor lol High_End_Pins

1 month later
#1361 4 years ago

Has anyone successfully put LEDs in their meteor, ive got some anti flicker boards installed and when I put LEDs in the controlled lights they flicker like crazy if they even work...

Need some suggestions please.

#1364 4 years ago

New Lamp boards and sockets are on the way. I also ordered some SCRs because I had to order some for my Baby Pac Man also.

I am really tempted to order the individual lamp boards and sockets for my baby pac also. They are a nightmare on the early games, later games switched to a larger lamp board but I am stuck with this...

Would be even better if this person made the board for Baby Pac (let me know if you are listening lol)

0C4D140F-DD9A-44B7-B867-6CAE3BCC99F8 2 (resized).JPG0C4D140F-DD9A-44B7-B867-6CAE3BCC99F8 2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1371 4 years ago

I haven’t either, I had preordered one also.

3 weeks later
#1395 4 years ago

Well meteor is not on the playfields list and they shut down their preorders section. I didn’t get an email about my preorder (granted it was July 2019). Wish they would be a little more clear about how many they have.

#1412 4 years ago

I've posted about this before. I have started putting in LEDs in my meteor. I'm doing the 2SMDs from Comet. I also have the anti flicker boards (not sure on brand off the top of my head they were given to me with the game).

Installed the boards and i'm having issues with the some but not all of the controlled lamps. I was thinking i just didn't get the ground wire secured good enough but when i remove it all of the controlled lights flicker. When it is attached about half of them flicker.

Anyone have a good idea what could cause this? or a solution like a resistor (etc) that I could put inline with the ones that are an issue.

1 week later
#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wrong Thread?

1 month later
#1498 4 years ago

Just got my email, it says they only have 11 Playfields left

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

With or without scores? /sarcasm

Yeah still no scores that is probably the main reason I’m not getting it. That and it went up $50 even though I preordered.

4 weeks later
#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I haven't heard of any issues with people using the nvram-weebly mpus, in fact The Sanctum only uses nvram-weebly mpus in their classic Sterns on location and I haven't heard of them having any issues with the boards. Alltek MPUs are $199 plus S&H, and Nvram-weebly are $153 plus S&H ($7 within US).
whridlsoncestood

Anyone have the Weebly light board in their Meteor?

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I do. What's up?

Were you able to install LEDs without issue? I have the LED boards and some on the controlled lights still don't work. I also have some bad SCRs I believe so just replacing would save me time. Wondering about the LEDs though...

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I've installed these with the original Lamp driver boards on both Meteor and Flight 2000 and they look great!
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1flux-bulbs
Color matched the inserts for the controlled lights. Made a big difference on Meteor.
I also used a few of these in the backbox GI behind the rocket exhaust:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/fire-bulbs
It is a very nice effect!
Backbox on Meteor still has lamps but I moved to frosted white (not Super Bright) on the Flight 2000 backglass and will probably do the same on Meteor. I don't try to color match backbox GI since that usually turns out bad.

Yeah i have the fire leds, they are kinda cool but one of mine has a little wear on the backglass so you can see the bulb through it lol. I am trying to just do daylight white 2smd from comet for everything but like I mentioned i'm getting some controlled lights not working with LED but fine with lamps. I also have some SCR issues.

Thanks for the advise!

1 month later
#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Wiring checks out ok. If I ground the pin at J5 - 8 or at the leg of transistor C16 the out hole coil fires. What do I do from here? How do I determine if it is a bad transistor and if so, what transistor do I replace it with?

Check out this page, section 5.7.1

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern

3 weeks later
#1610 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Next stop? Reading five years of posts about this pin!

I Just got a Taxi and I am doing the same lol, good news is most of the stuff you need is available to purchase, good Playfield will save you some money.

1 year later
#2348 2 years ago

Anyone know where i can find the correct legs for my Meteor? i'm not looking for authentic just the right height. Mine sits really high compared to the rest of my pins.

mail (resized).jpegmail (resized).jpeg
#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

28.5" long are the right height. These work and for $65 they are a good deal
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html

Thanks! yeah mine are 31 1/2"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Troxel Repair

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Y3AG3R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=Y3AG3R and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.