IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1181 4 years ago

Hi Meteor crew, hoping someone can suggest what I'm missing. I thought I'd be able to get this done before Allentown but I don't think I'm going to make it. I bought this game as a project with a blown mpu and have never played the game before hand so I don't know how the drops behave. I installed a new weebly board mpu and a set of new J5 connectors from the mpu and the sb300 sound board. I re did the 3 connectors on the rectifier board and installed the proper fuses. I recrimped the 4 connectors at the mpu and the J3 and J4 connectors on the sdb.

The game boots up and plays but there's no sound and only the flippers work properly. The rest of the coils don't fire when the proper switches are engaged even though the 1 amp slow blow fuse is good under the playfield. I can fire the coils by grounding the resistor's tabs on the sdb and they all fire in coil test. I noticed strange behavior with Column ST1 which has the #3, 3 bank drop targets on the right, the 1 and 3 bumpers, the pop bumper and the slings. The drops scored fine when dropped and didn't engage anything else but when I engaged the rt sling the meteor targets reset, left sling drops the letter O, pop bumper drops R, advance 1 bumper drops T, and the advance 3 bumper fires the right sling. None of the switches that enacted other coils scored points.

While checking the columns I noticed that all other columns switches were wired the same way with the column wire on the top lug, the row wire on the side lug attached with the unbanded side of the diode and the banded side of the diode is on the back lug. The column that I have in question had the 1st 3 switches of the drop target bank wired the same way with the column wire attached to the top lug shared across all 3 switches and their respective row wires on the side lugs. The rest of the switches in the column had the order reversed with the column wire on the side lug and the row wire on the top. I switched the 2 wires on the slings, the bumpers and the pop bumper to match the wiring configuration from the 3 drop target bank. Now all ghost firings are gone and the bumpers, pop bumper and slings all score when hit but the thumper and the slings don't fire their coils when engaged. I checked the switch test and receive a "0" indicating ther are no stuck switches. The one thing I forgot to mention is the 2N3584 transistor that regulates the high voltage is shot because I get a 230V reading at the rectifier board. Could that be hampering my coils from firing correctly? I'm running out for a birthday dinner but will be back in 1.5 hrs, hopefully I can at least fix the coils and then maybe I'll bring her to the show and see if I can fix the sound on Thursday. Thanks in advance for your time.

#1183 4 years ago

Thanks Lovef2k, I wasn't going to bring her because she wasn't fully functioning but you have inspired me. I made sure the new J5 cables started at pin 1 and set the next set with pin 1 right next to it leaving 2 pins at the end not connected when both connectors are on. I also removed the fuse and checked and made sure the clips were grabbing the fuse. I'll throw her in the car and look for you tomorrow. Thanks so much!

#1195 4 years ago

Big shout out to Rich,(Lovef2k), who helped me revive my Meteor because apparently I can't handle simple directions. I had my Meteor dip switch settings backwards because I misread the instruction sheet. What made this even worse was both Andrew who made the board and Dennis who was gracious enough to spend the whole afternoon helping me fix her asked if I double checked the settings! The dip switches are upside down on the board so the they read from 8 to 1 not 1 to 8. Rich sauntered over and immediately knew what the problem was. I took out the dip switch sheet and corrected the game code and everything was perfect. Thank you Ivan, Dave and crew for an awesome weekend! Thank you Rich for inspiring me to bring her then fixing her. Thank you Dennis helping me all day and for not choking me out after I told you the story!

2 years later
#2237 2 years ago

Anyone have a friend that wants to join the club?

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Meteor Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Selling a classic Stern Meteor. Playfield torn down and shopped with new clear silicone rubber rings and flipper perfect play rubber. Nice playfield with just upper flipper drag we...”
2021-11-13
Li, NY
1,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1264 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I like to see issues and the solutions. It helps all of us I think. My upper flipper just started chattering / machine gunning. My research so far indicates a loose connection or bad solder. I haven't had time to investigate under the hood yet but I will post the solution when I figure it out.

Sounds like the EOS switch needs to be adjusted.

#2350 2 years ago

For anyone here lurking and wishing to join the club I have my Meteor listed in the market.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Meteor Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Selling a classic Stern Meteor. Playfield torn down and shopped with new clear silicone rubber rings and flipper perfect play rubber. Nice playfield with just upper flipper drag we...”
2021-11-13
Li, NY
1,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1264 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 169.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=Crispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.