IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#716 6 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! She's got a few issues and needs a good cleaning but I think I did pretty well.

The "1" targets reset on a new ball but not when all 3 are down during play. Any ideas where to start?

#718 6 years ago

Looking for spring 5A-171 - drop target return springs. They are out of stock at Marco with no "sample" spring to run a comparison, and action pinball they are stupid expensive. Does anyone know of a substitute part number? They are 1" at rest and there are a bunch of parts that look like they might fit the bill (#265-5003-02) but could be thicker, thinner, etc. My google-fu has failed me.

1 week later
#733 6 years ago

I'd do it if I had something to scan with.

On my meteor the first two displays take about 5 minutes to warm up after turning on the machine. No display at all, then bam. Same thing on the other displays when using the 1p and 2p harness so it should be something on the board I guess? Anybody seen this before? I couldn't find a similar symptom on google.

Also, what playfield angle are you guys running?

#737 6 years ago

Doesn't seem like anything is loose after reseating everything and watching the displays. The first two displays work with the 3p connector so it has to be whatever is feeding the displays, but what part would need to "warm up" for the 1 and 2 player outputs only? They don't start together but usually within a minute or two of each other.

1 month later
#741 6 years ago

So I forgot to update. The displays warming up problem was due to low voltage from the driver board. Adjusted the pot on that board up to 90 and I'm back in business. Now if I could just figure out the spinner sound issue...

#747 6 years ago

Here's the thing though: alltek board in this meteor.

#749 6 years ago

I have done that a few times no luck. My suspicion at this point is something on the sound board. Alltek said they'd be happy to check my board out for me to rule it out I just have to get it to them some time. I'm going someone local will have an alltek or a sound board I can swap in to test real quick at some point.

#751 6 years ago

HMC

1510084203126-1633976353 (resized).jpg1510084203126-1633976353 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#782 6 years ago

I got the stern rebuild kids and think it flips great. Plenty of mo' through the spinner.

#786 6 years ago

Post a link to your thread here when you get started, please!

#790 6 years ago

Mine has the area for the rubber, and also had the set screws drilled for the tops. I got new tops and they snapped on tightly to the existing bodies.

#797 6 years ago

I didn't discover the 2 sizes of posts until I went to put mine back on. Luckily I took enough in process photos to figure it all out.

5 months later
#868 5 years ago

I was wondering about this bug the other day. Is it totally random or does it happen after 255 consecutive games?

#876 5 years ago

Whoever is making these should make the 1s digit increment on a rollover and prevent the need for new 7 digit displays

What language is this stuff written in?

1 month later
#900 5 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Just picked up a Meteor. Non-Working but in excellent condition for $500.

Wow, nice find!!

(I'll give you $550!)

2 weeks later
#905 5 years ago

I'm hoping with cpr's new method it's just a matter of time but I don't know of anyone making one right now

2 weeks later
#920 5 years ago

That's funny, I was thinking about how you could do that just the other day! There are already switches, you'd just need to hack up a way to get the coil power there. I'm sure there's a way to use some unused transistors from the SDU.

1 month later
#958 5 years ago

What's your playfield angle?

#960 5 years ago

That'd be the best place to start if you're having long ball times.

1 month later
#1012 5 years ago

I'm at work or I'd look for you. You might flip the board over to find they're going to the same place. In any case, if it worked at the other location the pins didnt move themselves to another spot, right? Did you undo backbox connectors and potentially mis-align or flip the ribbon cables? The other suggestion to look for cold solder joints is a good one as well. You may be able to narrow this down with the wiggle test. Wiggle the connectors at the sound board, mpu, and rectifier board and see if you get any static or intermittent sound

1 week later
#1039 5 years ago

Exploit? Shit... If you're good enough to max your rockets, hit the spinner then drain in the outlane you deserve the win.

2 weeks later
#1058 5 years ago

What is the exact order of events to get the 255x bonus countdown? I want to test the alternate ROM. I thought it was something like max bonus x, max rockets, spinner counting while draining over a collect rockets outland but I couldn't recreate it with the old ROM. I know it's happened on the old board during regular play.

2 months later
#1105 5 years ago

Has anybody found good replacement springs for the drop targets?

1 month later
#1142 5 years ago

You may have a switch diode issuecombined with a switch that is stuck closed. I'd go into the switch test and see 1) if any switches are stuck and 2) if any switch goes activate multiple or incorrect switches. Instructions are in the manual and lots of articles on troubleshooting switch matrices.

4 weeks later
#1164 4 years ago

I really like that look!

#1176 4 years ago

I thought the compatibility issues were only that the ram chips had to be matched. Confirm / deny, anyone?

4 weeks later
#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Maybe the gap on the switches is just a little too much.

This would be my suspicion.

3 months later
#1277 4 years ago

You probably have low scoring thresholds for specials, and specials set to extra ball. Getting all the rockets lined up and hitting wow is a lot harder than you would think. Reference the manual on ipdb for settings.

2 months later
#1346 4 years ago

And check the reset bar for alignment

2 months later
#1396 4 years ago

They're nuking the preorder process as it's obvious they have no idea how to manage it.

2 weeks later
#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'd odd in the fact that I LIKE the 'soft' glow of plasma displays.

If you haven't seen them yet you should check out pinitech's new displays, they really got it dialed in

4 months later
#1589 3 years ago

Try the grounding the transistor trick to see if the wires are connected as they should be. Cold solder and connector problems are prevalent in these as well.

#1591 3 years ago

You can very quickly ground the tab of the associated transistor and it'll fire the coil if all is good with the wiring.

2 weeks later
#1598 3 years ago

They cleared it without cleaning it first. Bold move.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=Chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.