0C (resized).jpg
0A (resized).jpg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 59.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

They're not periods any more. They contracted a factory to produce custom LED arrays with real commas modeled off the original glass. I've been a purist for plasma glass for a long time, but I finally caved and bought a set for Xenon in white. It's perfect... like nailing it out of the park perfect.

Interesting, I hadn't caught that. Will need to look it up, now..!

#1452 4 years ago

The playfield in my Meteor is original and the 7 digit displays are the Uno displays by pinitech. I’m running a new MPU that has the 7 digit code built in.

I’m not doing a swap on this game. Hope to find a beater in the next year to put it in or I’ll pass the playfield on to someone that needs it.

#1453 4 years ago

The playfield in my Meteor is original and the 7 digit displays are the Uno displays by pinitech. I’m running a new MPU that has the 7 digit code built in.

I’m not doing a swap on this game. Hope to find a beater in the next year to put it in or I’ll pass the playfield on to someone that needs it.

New Meteor rails just got finished up.

57E922E3-0D03-4615-9108-01C544731483 (resized).jpeg57E922E3-0D03-4615-9108-01C544731483 (resized).jpeg
#1454 4 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the full arsenal of parts needed for a re-pin/re-header on Meteor? I've gotten by reflowing solder here and there as needed but the time has come to do all of them. Figured if someone has a list already done it will save me a little time getting an order together.

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

New Meteor rails just got finished up.[quoted image]

My PF is on its way. I may order a set of blues from you for my Meteor soon. Whenever you open back up. I think the blue would look sweet.

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Does anyone have a list of the full arsenal of parts needed for a re-pin/re-header on Meteor? I've gotten by reflowing solder here and there as needed but the time has come to do all of them. Figured if someone has a list already done it will save me a little time getting an order together.

You can find them here : http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/repairkits/bally_kits.htm#b-mpuconnector
They have separate kits for each board.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My PF is on its way. I may order a set of blues from you for my Meteor soon. Whenever you open back up. I think the blue would look sweet.

Dang Mike! You weren't the first one on the list lol...

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Dang Mike! You weren't the first one on the list lol...

I know, I know.

Though I did technical sign up twice, when it was under 'Boutique', and then under 'Preorder'. It's possible they saw the double sign up and bumped me down.

At the moment, expected delivery is Thursday because the box has been sitting in Indianapolis for the last three days.

#1459 4 years ago

A group order here in Australia had 3 playfields delivered to one address. One of each grade, Gold, Silver & Bronze. Can you identify which playfield is which from the photos below? 20200203_165408 (resized).jpg20200203_165408 (resized).jpg20200203_165727 (resized).jpg20200203_165727 (resized).jpg20200203_172741 (resized).jpg20200203_172741 (resized).jpg

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

A group order here in Australia had 3 playfields delivered to one address. One of each grade, Gold, Silver & Bronze. Can you identify which playfield is which from the photos below? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's good stuff! I got a gold and it's pretty much flawless.

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

A group order here in Australia had 3 playfields delivered to one address. One of each grade, Gold, Silver & Bronze. Can you identify which playfield is which from the photos below?

Middle playfield is Bronze? Artwork missing along the right edge.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Middle playfield is Bronze? Artwork missing along the right edge.

That should be hidden after the wood rails are installed.

#1463 4 years ago

My Guess

Middle one would be Bronze from the missing art and the shooter lane grain color.

Top one Gold

Last one Silver again for shooter lane grain.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

My Guess
Middle one would be Bronze from the missing art and the shooter lane grain color.
Top one Gold
Last one Silver again for shooter lane grain.

Give that man a cigar!

#1465 4 years ago

anyone have an idea how much extra weight is needed for the repro drop targets? My new ones look nice but dont fall all the way down consistently and I see people have added weights..
thanks

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

anyone have an idea how much extra weight is needed for the repro drop targets? My new ones look nice but dont fall all the way down consistently and I see people have added weights..
thanks

I have repro targets, and never needed weight. Are you using the right springs?

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Has anyone purchased a CPR mirrored Meteor backglass? I picked one up on the holiday sales and pulled it out for an install... the mirror layer has a foggy look to it, it's not a crystal clear mirror look like the original. Is that the new expected look for mirrored CPR backglasses? Just want to confirm if that is the new expected look or if I might have a bad print.

I just got mine, and looked closely at it. I hate to say it, but it's not "mirrored", it is "metallic silver". Comparing side-by-side, you can see the difference.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I have repro targets, and never needed weight. Are you using the right springs

It looks like it’s the original springs.
They go down, but not always all the way down.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

It looks like it’s the original springs.
They go down, but not always all the way down.

Check, perhaps, your switches - if they are too tight, they can stop the fall of the target. If the target (when not all the way down) is resting on the switch's activator, try loosening them (the switches) up some.

#1470 4 years ago

Still awaiting my email from CPR for a playfield. Has anyone else gotten an email lately? I put my name on the list last March.

#1471 4 years ago

As I am waiting for parts I am trying to get all the lights working. In areas such as the photo , if the bulb is good and I am getting voltage to all three lamps, should I assume that socket is bad?
Only one of the three is lit.

7DAA0E9C-938D-41B9-BC14-7C687BD1FD79 (resized).jpeg7DAA0E9C-938D-41B9-BC14-7C687BD1FD79 (resized).jpeg
#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Still awaiting my email from CPR for a playfield. Has anyone else gotten an email lately? I put my name on the list last March.

I got my email about 2 weeks ago and paid asap. I put myself on the list a couple years ago when it was way down on the boutique list.

#1473 4 years ago

Well a nice surprise when I got home today.

20200207_205111_HDR (resized).jpg20200207_205111_HDR (resized).jpg20200207_205137 (resized).jpg20200207_205137 (resized).jpg
#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

As I am waiting for parts I am trying to get all the lights working. In areas such as the photo , if the bulb is good and I am getting voltage to all three lamps, should I assume that socket is bad?
Only one of the three is lit.[quoted image]

To find out if it’s the socket or the SCR, clip a wire to the cabinet braid and touch the tab on the lamp where the colored wire attaches. If it lights you have a bad SCR, or bad connection between the socket and lamp driver board.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Same timing for my name on the list. Just rec'd their email yesterday, cheers!

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Well a nice surprise when I got home today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just me or is it missing a bunch of score values below the meteor drop targets?

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Is it just me or is it missing a bunch of score values below the meteor drop targets?

Go read and catch up on the thread you you yourself started.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Meteor's software has a thread that periodically resets all the drop targets (logically, not physically) so anything that gets missed will get triggered the next go round. This tells me that your O switch is completely not working or maladjusted. When you look into it, see if the gold flashing is missing, if it is you need to replace the switch. No amount of cleaning and adjusting will make it work 100%.
The switch test doesn't actually show you the trigger signal, it shows you a steady state of what's down. (The lowest numbered switch). This is an important distinction for intermittent operation because of the way the machine reads the switches (and decides to trigger) - the machine wants to see: open, close, close and then it will activate the routine to score. On an intermittent switch, it would see open, close, open, close, etc. (or close, close, close), neither of which will activate the switch routine. The switch test takes the first close and displays it.

No joy here at all. I swapped a few leaf switchesd around the and the problem has stayed with the "O". Very weird. If the "O" is the first target to be hit, it works fine. But if it's not the first, it will not sense being dropped.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Yep it sure is. Saw a post about it yesterday and saw it on mine. It sucks! not sure what can be done about it either.

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Go read and catch up on the thread you you yourself started.

Oh. Oh noooooooooo. Oh no oh no oh no.... nooooo.... that's not good at all.

Makes me glad I snagged a NOS field off of here a couple of years back. It's still waiting to be swapped in this summer.

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Oh. Oh noooooooooo. Oh no oh no oh no.... nooooo.... that's not good at all.
Makes me glad I snagged a NOS field off of here a couple of years back. It's still waiting to be swapped in this summer.

You're telling me. My original PF isn't recoverable, due to previous operators/owners spilling some oil onto the field, and soaking in. I'm stuck with this repro now, and.. hope to at least make it as best as I can - even if it means having it re-cleared and putting on decals for the scores.

#1482 4 years ago

What's the word on these? Is CPR still shipping the playfields, even with errors? Have they stopped? I'm sure they can sand and redo the ones that haven't gone out.

#1483 4 years ago

This just really bakes my noodle. I've had such good stuff from CPR in the past. My Xenon and Centaur playfields are spectacular. People make mistakes but everything related to Meteor has been sloppy. Glass, plastics, and playfield.

Wrong fonts, missing artwork... it's just like the blue Meteor backglass all over again. I got dragged through the mud for pointing out the issues with the glass.

I sent my original plastics to be scanned, right from my game and into the shipping box. They lost one of them and then called me angry, saying that I never sent it! The first repro sets went out to customers without it. I found the same missing plastic in another Meteor and scanned it myself for them.

After all that, they sent me a set of those plastics and it came without the missing piece. I guess you could say I was down two at that point. It felt like a huge eff you after I'd gone to a lot of effort to help them not once but twice. It didn't matter all that much anyway; the UV-printer's head was obviously misaligned and there was a noticeable blank band every 1/16" across them. With GI lights behind them those bands practically projected on the ceiling. I ordered plastics from Pinball Rescue in Australia and they were perfect. Got a one-off backglass from Coos overseas just to get the blue glass out. By that point CPR had quietly fixed the colour and put the green one up but I was still annoyed enough with them not to order it.

We need CPR in this hobby doing what they do, and they usually do a great job... but boy oh boy when they let me down they let me down *hard.*

1 week later
#1484 4 years ago

Is CPR still shipping out these playfields? I haven't seen any recent posts. Has CPR addressed the missing numbers? I'm sure many customers are upset, how many are returning their playfields?

I still have not received an email about my playfield. I sent an email to CPR but haven't gotten a response yet. I still want one because mine is down to the wood in a few spots. I was planning on clearing the playfield anyway so I can add the numbers before I clear. I would think they would offer some sort of a discount on these now, but I don't know.

#1485 4 years ago

Communication with CPR has been spotty lately. I asked twice about how thick the BG for Stars was so that I could order the trim, no response beyond the initial "I'll check with Kevin and email you tomorrow". I let a week go by and then I reminded them about it, and expressed my concern at that point about the missing score numbers on the playfield. Have not heard a peep back since.

I want the playfield, so I'm going to use the decals Coyote is working on and will reclear it. I don't really think I should have to do this, since it's clearly CPR's artwork error, but I also don't want to send the PF back and get nothing.

Oh, and I measured the glass and it seems like it's 1/8" thick or maybe a hair over.... I"m hoping the rail I ordered from Marco fits it. (Why doesn't CPR offer the option to buy the rail right there or ship it preinstalled?)

I almost hate to say this, but if Highclasspinball is going to produce playfields that don't have the artwork errors, I'm just going to buy from him. I bought a couple playfields several years ago from him before the newer controversy and was happy with them (although I learned to not trust the spotting on the bottom from there, either..... it's never right it seems no matter what maker you go with)

#1486 4 years ago

I sent my playfield back. If I was going through the trouble of clearing I'd probably make a screen and add the text with ink and then spray clear. Of course I don't do clear coat so paying someone another 5-700 to fix the playfield just seems nuts. They will fix the art file and offer these up as digital prints eventually so I'd rather go that route than sink $12-1500 dollars into a game that cost me $400.

#1487 4 years ago

Although I'm not happy about the METEOR targets missing score numbers (I didn't even notice until it was pointed out) I'd be OK if CPR supplied a mylar decal at no cost to me.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I almost hate to say this, but if highclasspinball is going to produce playfields that don't have the artwork errors, I'm just going to buy from him.

My number 1 right now is Peter - @buthamburg. He does limited runs of them, and limited titles per year, but the Getaway field I got from him was flawless. I actually traded it to @kruzman for a re-clearing of my Meteor field. I'm waiting on a small touchup to the numbers before I lay them all out and get a quote on decals.

Quoted from slochar:

I"m hoping the rail I ordered from Marco fits it.

Please keep us informed - I realized back when it arrived that my existing rails.. ffffffck.

#1489 4 years ago

I guess I'm just easily pleased but I'm really happy with my CPR "blue" glass

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh, and I measured the glass and it seems like it's 1/8" thick or maybe a hair over.... I"m hoping the rail I ordered from Marco fits it.

Quoted from Coyote:

Please keep us informed - I realized back when it arrived that my existing rails.. ffffffck.

Received the 1/8" trim, fits fine once you put electrical tape on the glass (you could do it without it, or use the clear epoxy some use to squish it on, I might go that way but I don't have any epoxy right now).

I wish the 'tail' on the trim was SLIGHTLY higher, but it does work. The Stars glass looks a lot better than any of the 4-5 originals I have, and there's no problems with the mirroring I can see. I still have to get side pieces of trim to fit it but I'm happy with this part of my purchase. I'm glad they didn't send me a Meteor glass thinking I'd ordered a Stars my mistake with my bundle

For the top rail I think we're just SOL, no one makes that style in the thinner.

#1491 4 years ago

Huh/
I got an email from CPR this morning.

They're telling me I can order my playfield if I want!

... They sent me the same email back in January. .. I am constantly amazed how these guys can sit down and not fall off their chairs.

Okay, sorry, that was low. But no mention of the mistake in the email - it is the same email I got back in January. Guessing this means I can order another if I want to..

#1492 4 years ago

Is anyone attempting to make a water slide and mylar fix for the new CPR playfield? Or is anyone willing to take some of my money for for it?

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Is anyone attempting to make a water slide and mylar fix for the new CPR playfield? Or is anyone willing to take some of my money for for it?

Absolutely HUGE conversation over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-playfield-reproductions-coming
In short: Yes.

#1494 4 years ago

I have my Meteor finally running after what feels like an eternity, but have one last issue I'm hoping someone can help with.
Machine is constantly resetting.
I have narrowed it down to J2 pin one orange wire on the mpu. I have then narrowed it down to the M target on the top target bank. Disconnect orange wire and no resetting and game plays. so obvious one, change switch and diode, but no fix, same issue! Any advice is appreciated!
The other switches in the row seem.fine and isolating them didn't fix the reset issue.

The other issue I have is I have the Alltek led board in but the 1 rocket row of inserts flicker. Have tried many different leds, resistors and diodes to no avail.
I believe it is a common problem for the board and Meteor but if anyone has gotten leds to work please let me know. I'd rather not go back to globes.
Thank you!

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I have my Meteor finally running after what feels like an eternity, but have one last issue I'm hoping someone can help with.
Machine is constantly resetting.
I have narrowed it down to J2 pin one orange wire on the mpu. I have then narrowed it down to the M target on the top target bank. Disconnect orange wire and no resetting and game plays. so obvious one, change switch and diode, but no fix, same issue! Any advice is appreciated!
The other switches in the row seem.fine and isolating them didn't fix the reset issue.
The other issue I have is I have the Alltek led board in but the 1 rocket row of inserts flicker. Have tried many different leds, resistors and diodes to no avail.
I believe it is a common problem for the board and Meteor but if anyone has gotten leds to work please let me know. I'd rather not go back to globes.
Thank you!

If you have the manual handy, look at the switch matrix. Find the column with the M drop switch and see if any tilt switches are in line with that. You may have a bad capacitor on one of the tilt switches. With game in play mode, disconnect the coin door harness plug and then drop the M target and see if the problem goes away. This will isolate the slam switch or any other shorts in the coin door that sometimes affect the switch matrix.

#1496 4 years ago

Thank you for the info. I have already tried this with the door disconnected with no change.
I then went through the each of the switches common to Orange Pin 1 J2 and the one that fixes it ( stops issue ) is the M target only.
On the drawings, the left mid bank has capacitor but in my machine none of the left bank have capacitors. There are caps on the rollover buttons though which are not on my drawing?

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

On the drawings, the left mid bank has capacitor but in my machine none of the left bank have capacitors. There are caps on the rollover buttons though which are not on my drawing?

I would say that's an error, because drop targets are definitely the one type of switch that does NOT need a cap.

#1498 4 years ago

Just got my email, it says they only have 11 Playfields left

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Just got my email, it says they only have 11 Playfields left

With or without scores? /sarcasm

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

With or without scores? /sarcasm

Yeah still no scores that is probably the main reason I’m not getting it. That and it went up $50 even though I preordered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past/page/30?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.