0C (resized).jpg
0A (resized).jpg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 59.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Woooah. That allows getting rid of the entire stupid assembly? $44 well spent.

Plus you gotta buy all the twist sockets. It's about $80 all together. Well worth it to eliminate the unreliable sockets.

#1352 4 years ago

I've got a lot of random flickering (ESPECIALLY with that stupid center bank of lights), even with LED adapter boards installed. I assume I probably need some board work done but those sockets also suck. Looks like I'll be ordering some parts.

#1353 4 years ago

I've got a lot of random flickering (ESPECIALLY with that stupid center bank of lights), even with LED adapter boards installed. I assume I probably need some board work done but those sockets also suck. Looks like I'll be ordering some parts.

Meteor is a special case with LEDs. I had to add resistors to 11 lamps even after adding the seigecraft anti flicker kit. 8 or 9 of them were in the bonus count area. It's a good idea to make sure your lamp driver scrs test good, but I suspect you just need some extra resistors to sort that out.

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Meteor is a special case with LEDs. I had to add resistors to 11 lamps even after adding the seigecraft anti flicker kit. 8 or 9 of them were in the bonus count area. It's a good idea to make sure your lamp driver scrs test good, but I suspect you just need some extra resistors to sort that out.

Certainly possible. From what I saw it was randomly scattered nonsense, aside from that center bank which altogether just sucks to begin with: One of the star rollovers, the spot meteor target, the "R" light near the spinner, maybe a few others.. but most others worked fine with LEDs and the anti flicker boards.

That said, I've also done zero board work on this game since I picked it up from someone's personal collection (it had sat unplayed for quite some time, as with the other three games I got from her) so I would not be surprised in the least if some SCRs and other misc things needed addressed. For example, my sound only goes up to a point and while being plenty loud for playing, it's absolutely nowhere near the output I can get out of my space shuttle.

#1355 4 years ago

Certainly possible. From what I saw it was randomly scattered nonsense, aside from that center bank which altogether just sucks to begin with: One of the star rollovers, the spot meteor target, the "R" light near the spinner, maybe a few others.. but most others worked fine with LEDs and the anti flicker boards.
That said, I've also done zero board work on this game since I picked it up from someone's personal collection (it had sat unplayed for quite some time, as with the other three games I got from her) so I would not be surprised in the least if some SCRs and other misc things needed addressed. For example, my sound only goes up to a point and while being plenty loud for playing, it's absolutely nowhere near the output I can get out of my space shuttle.

I think I had 3 or 4 bad SCRs in my LDB on Meteor. And a broken trace on the back I had to fix. Common from battery corrosion dripping down. It's hard to know for sure if a dead lamp is a crappy socket or a bad SCR or in some cases, the wire feeding from the socket back to the LDB. Had a couple of those on Strikes and Spares. A quick test of the resistor theory would be to add one temporarily and see if one of the problem lights stops flickering. With those aftermarket lamp pcbs, it was easy to add resistors. I just tucked them under the ears/tabs on the twist socket and boom.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think I had 3 or 4 bad SCRs in my LDB on Meteor. And a broken trace on the back I had to fix. Common from battery corrosion dripping down. It's hard to know for sure if a dead lamp is a crappy socket or a bad SCR or in some cases, the wire feeding from the socket back to the LDB. Had a couple of those on Strikes and Spares. A quick test of the resistor theory would be to add one temporarily and see if one of the problem lights stops flickering. With those aftermarket lamp pcbs, it was easy to add resistors. I just tucked them under the ears/tabs on the twist socket and boom.

Good advice. I've got some pretty awful hackjob wiring "fixes" to address at some point as well, but it's down on the list with hardtopping my high speed (already torn down) and eight ball deluxe (fully working but plays like absolute trash right now) and represents only one of three games in my collection right now that's even worth playing. Hate having to just deal with some of this but I'm kinda drowning in all the stuff I need to do, lol

#1357 4 years ago

Good advice. I've got some pretty awful hackjob wiring "fixes" to address at some point as well, but it's down on the list with hardtopping my high speed (already torn down) and eight ball deluxe (fully working but plays like absolute trash right now) and represents only one of three games in my collection right now that's even worth playing. Hate having to just deal with some of this but I'm kinda drowning in all the stuff I need to do, lol

I think we all deal with it. I had a plan to do the LED conversion on mine. Did the full conversion at once. GI and controlled and put the seigecraft in there. Several were flickery and I undid the controlled lights and contacted seigecraft. He explained about Meteor and some early M200 games having this issue due to low voltage. So, I figured I wouldn't attempt the LEDs again until I got those aftermarket pcbs and addressed the SCRs.

1 week later
#1358 4 years ago

Added the 7th digit.

0F9DA7C3-AFC1-4CC3-9D1B-89A644F126F1 (resized).jpeg0F9DA7C3-AFC1-4CC3-9D1B-89A644F126F1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Probably a header issue. Get the manual on IPDB, and identify which connector on your solenoid driver board goes out to your outhole kicker. That pin is probably garbage.

Circling back to say thanks. Reflowed the solder on the header and it took care of it.

Meteor pop bumper question: where does the pop bumper cap with the red star first show up? It isn't on the flyer. Did all games ship with the star on the cap or was that introduced later?

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Did all games ship with the star on the cap

As far as I could remember... Yes.
The only thing that really changed was the drop targets...
Meteor OEM was all "tomb stone" style drop targets.
The "M,E,T,E.O,R. drop targets were prone to break.
When ordering replacement drop targets from the distributors...
The new drop target design came into effect.
That is why, some times, you see a mishmash of drop targets on Meteor.

#1361 4 years ago

Has anyone successfully put LEDs in their meteor, ive got some anti flicker boards installed and when I put LEDs in the controlled lights they flicker like crazy if they even work...

Need some suggestions please.

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Has anyone successfully put LEDs in their meteor, ive got some anti flicker boards installed and when I put LEDs in the controlled lights they flicker like crazy if they even work...
Need some suggestions please.

I've successfully converted mine to all LED using the Seigecraft anti flicker boards. Now, initially, I did have some issues. First thing, those old sockets mounted to the plates can be problematic. Also, make sure you check all your SCRs on the lamp driver. I had a couple flaky ones and a broken trace. Even after all of that, with Meteor in particular, you will have to add an additional resistor to some of the lamps. I think I had to add 8 or 9 resistors on mine. I also did away with those old metal lamp socket clusters and used these:
https://pinballreplacementparts.com/products/stern-meteor-set-of-lamp-boards-to-replace-the-old-metal-ones

#1363 4 years ago

Lots of flickering with mine even with the boards. Check the SCRs, ours are both most likely shot.

#1364 4 years ago

New Lamp boards and sockets are on the way. I also ordered some SCRs because I had to order some for my Baby Pac Man also.

I am really tempted to order the individual lamp boards and sockets for my baby pac also. They are a nightmare on the early games, later games switched to a larger lamp board but I am stuck with this...

Would be even better if this person made the board for Baby Pac (let me know if you are listening lol)

0C4D140F-DD9A-44B7-B867-6CAE3BCC99F8 2 (resized).JPG0C4D140F-DD9A-44B7-B867-6CAE3BCC99F8 2 (resized).JPG
#1365 4 years ago

I think I'm converting my eight ball deluxe to bayonet when it gets hardtopped. Those early/mid 80s Bally sockets can ESAD

1 week later
#1366 4 years ago

Hi all. Can anyone point me in the direction of a place to buy a shooter rod? It is different to the spares I have.
Thanks in advance.
Got my machine back yesterday and just tweaking it - hoping to post some finished pics up later.

#1367 4 years ago

Pics

20191222_092200 (resized).jpg20191222_092200 (resized).jpg20191222_092220 (resized).jpg20191222_092220 (resized).jpg
#1368 4 years ago

Beautiful! I really love how meteor looks.. And plays!

#1369 4 years ago

CPR had Meteor playfields up as "printing now", but I noticed today they are no longer on the site. I was definitely late to the game, but curious if anyone got a purchase e-mail from them? Probably gone already....

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

CPR had Meteor playfields up as "printing now", but I noticed today they are no longer on the site. I was definitely late to the game, but curious if anyone got a purchase e-mail from them? Probably gone already....

I signed up for them, twice, and haven't heard a thing.

#1371 4 years ago

I haven’t either, I had preordered one also.

#1372 4 years ago

I preordered as well, no idea why they've disappeared from their website. Hopefully it's only an oversight when updating the preorder page as my game needs one badly. In fact I only bought it knowing CPR were releasing a playfield sometime soon.

#1373 4 years ago

I am new to this post, does anyone know what would be the best replacement spinner part for Meteor. I see that the original Stern ones are very hard to come by.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Quoted from Coyote:

I signed up for them, twice, and haven't heard a thing.

Quoted from Y3AG3R:

I haven’t either, I had preordered one also.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

I preordered as well, no idea why they've disappeared from their website. Hopefully it's only an oversight when updating the preorder page as my game needs one badly. In fact I only bought it knowing CPR were releasing a playfield sometime soon.

They are still in process. I don’t know why they aren’t on their site anymore either.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catacomb-club/page/18#5356523

Post #871.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I am new to this post, does anyone know what would be the best replacement spinner part for Meteor. I see that the original Stern ones are very hard to come by.

Try Pinball Resource. They have a Bally spinner that is beefed-up. The spinner is white.
They may have one that is unpainted and you can paint/decal the spinner yourself.

1 week later
#1376 4 years ago

Who has the best replacement drop.targets nowadays? Saw Marco's has a set with the decals. Also saw classic arcades has a hot stamped set? My game has different ones. Some hooded and others non-hooded?

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Who has the best replacement drop.targets nowadays? Saw Marco's has a set with the decals. Also saw classic arcades has a hot stamped set? My game has different ones. Some hooded and others non-hooded?

The non hooded drops are NLA. The hooded and non hooded are interchangeable.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The non hooded drops are NLA. The hooded and non hooded are interchangeable.

Try Pinball Resource.

#1379 4 years ago

Pbr has hot stamped, but both my sets from them were warped.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Pbr has hot stamped, but both my sets from them were warped.

Did you tell Steve? I'm sure have corrected that for you.

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Did you tell Steve? I'm sure have corrected that for you.

After I got the first set, I contacted them, and they sent another set.... that was also warped. Between the two I was able to at least get one set together that was only sorta warped and still at least worked, so I gave up

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

After I got the first set, I contacted them, and they sent another set.... that was also warped. Between the two I was able to at least get one set together that was only sorta warped and still at least worked, so I gave up

That sucks. You would have thought that they would have made sure the second set was straight. It must be the way they are storing them or crappy plastic. I have gotten their's before without issues.

#1383 4 years ago

I see the new playfield are listed on cpr. Just ordered mine.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I see the new playfield are listed on cpr. Just ordered mine.

Were you on the preorder list and got an email?

#1385 4 years ago

I was on pre-order list, got an email last night and just ordered mine

#1386 4 years ago

Yes I was on the preorder list. I have been waiting for this for quite some time!

Quoted from ita47:

Were you on the preorder list and got an email?

#1387 4 years ago

Eagerly awaiting the email to place my order.

#1388 4 years ago

I am also on the pre-order list and also eagerly awaiting the email. I was put on the list March of last year. I am praying they get to me before they run out.

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I am also on the pre-order list and also eagerly awaiting the email. I was put on the list March of last year. I am praying they get to me before they run out.

Got my e-mail yesterday and ordered it yesterday as well. This is going to rock once that's installed! Looks to be the last title that will be silk screened at all. Total transfer to digital printing now. They also updated the "pre-order" section on their site today to say that it's an obsolete process and all of the botique titles will now be made in digital form, as they all have the art ready to go. Much longer message in the pre order section on their website, and is worth a read!

EDIT: just got my shipment notification tonight. Awesome!

#1390 4 years ago

i haven't had an email and I went on the list last January...

#1391 4 years ago

hae any of you guys got a different email address for CPR? I've emailed preorders and kevin at

Neil.

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i haven't had an email and I went on the list last January...

NeilMcRae fyi my name was on the list as of March 31 2016. I got my "CPR ** METEOR Reproduction Playfields ** Boutique Zone List - Instructions" email on Jan 12 2020. I assume you may have to wait a few weeks to receive your email.

#1394 4 years ago

money burning hole in pocket

#1395 4 years ago

Well meteor is not on the playfields list and they shut down their preorders section. I didn’t get an email about my preorder (granted it was July 2019). Wish they would be a little more clear about how many they have.

#1396 4 years ago

They're nuking the preorder process as it's obvious they have no idea how to manage it.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Well meteor is not on the playfields list and they shut down their preorders section. I didn’t get an email about my preorder (granted it was July 2019). Wish they would be a little more clear about how many they have.

"We will be emailing notifications to Meteor Inbox respondants, in orderly waves of 10-20 a week, until everyone is contacted, or every playfield is gone (whichever comes first)."

Hang in there, it may take a few weeks to get your email.

#1398 4 years ago

The wait was worth it and finally over!! In photos, my restored PF on the left, CPR on the right. Very pleased with the PF. Smooth clear with no flecks or boogers. Wood thickness and dimensions are consistent to original. Major cutouts for flippers, slings, drops and pops are very consistent to the original. I verified by placing the CPR over the original and I can see all cutouts aligned very well.

P1170114 (resized).JPGP1170114 (resized).JPGP1170115 (resized).JPGP1170115 (resized).JPGP1170116 (resized).JPGP1170116 (resized).JPGP1170117 (resized).JPGP1170117 (resized).JPGP1170118 (resized).JPGP1170118 (resized).JPG
#1399 4 years ago

Thanks for the pics. It's always nice to know in advance that things line up.

I wonder why CPR decided not to put the rubber ring sizes on the playfield? It doesn't matter to me as you can't see once plastics are installed... just wondering Mine should be here next week.

#1400 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for my shipping confirmation I got the order confirmation and verified that they got it, but I also ordered a Stars backglass at the same time to save on shipping costs. Hoping they don't sent me a meteor glass by mistake!

I ordered on Monday as soon as I got the email.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 169.00
$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 199.95
Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 2,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past/page/28?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.