• 1,531 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200207_205137 (resized).jpg
20200207_205111_HDR (resized).jpg
7DAA0E9C-938D-41B9-BC14-7C687BD1FD79 (resized).jpeg
20200203_172741 (resized).jpg
20200203_165727 (resized).jpg
20200203_165408 (resized).jpg
57E922E3-0D03-4615-9108-01C544731483 (resized).jpeg
170CA018-1962-463F-839F-0221B14F753E (resized).jpeg
D857A421-5292-43FF-967A-EA25CBC5CA01 (resized).jpeg
64C8AA6C-87FF-4055-AF6F-253F3A407ACF (resized).jpeg
20200129_211322 (resized).jpg
20200129_211304 (resized).jpg
20200129_211257 (resized).jpg
20200129_211242 (resized).jpg
20200129_211235 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1531 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.
#1201 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,to everyone,new owner here,was needing the decals on the drop targets>The ones that spell " meteor" does anyone know who sells these??Thanks,great pin!!

Docs pinball shop does. That’s Pinsider tractordoc
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1169-doc-s-pinball-shop/02129-stern-meteor-drop-target-decals

#1202 10 months ago

Thank-you bluespin!

#1203 10 months ago

Wow That site is really BAD!! Could not use a debit card,could not change address, could not get out of site,could not leave any feedback,could not buy decals!! Any other suggestions???

#1204 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,to everyone,new owner here,was needing the decals on the drop targets>The ones that spell " meteor" does anyone know who sells these??Thanks,great pin!!

Pinball Rescue does. His products are top notch and his reproduction plastics and decals are very high quality. I've received two sets of meteor plastics recently from two different vendors and theirs are by far the top product: real screen printing and solid, vivid ink colours. I can't recommend Pinball Rescue enough.

Here's the Meteor page from Pinball Rescue: http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Meteor.html

He also has the Stern Credit Button and coin door decals on a different page.

Like your other vendor, there's no shopping cart: you email your order to them and they'll let you know the total to Paypal to them. They're located in Australia. Takes about two weeks to get to Canada. Worth the wait.

#1205 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1477

#1206 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow That site is really BAD!! Could not use a debit card,could not change address, could not get out of site,could not leave any feedback,could not buy decals!! Any other suggestions???

A quick follow up -- the "site" is Pinside. I just have several decal offerings in the shop that I was able to set up here. I do not list anything on E-bay or a personal website, just Pinside. I have not had issues with orders from other pinsiders that I am aware of. . . but the post office did lose one of my letters once.

It seems hawkmoon was able to figure it out as I see he placed an order -- Thank You for that.

I will double check as I've sold several sets of these lately -- the inventory in the shop may be low or out.

5J5A8392 (resized).JPG5J5A8395 (resized).JPG5J5A8769 (resized).JPG
#1207 10 months ago

Finally got mine officially moved to the row last night. Still waiting on new drop targets so I can rebuild the bank. Need to order the LED adapter board too so I can use LEDs under the playfield, and might try going a bit more aggressive with the playfield GI. Warm white LEDs don’t look ‘bad’ but some blues might make it pop...

039B41B7-1518-4623-9AFF-11E43183CE4F (resized).jpeg5C589AD4-CF18-47A9-9D94-4A185EC1C110 (resized).jpeg783D43BA-6D44-416C-8DB3-27E61FE70561 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1208 10 months ago

Yay! My meteor finally made it home.
I was having issue after issue after issue.... and truthfully, I had myself frustrated and eventually just threw up my arms and gave up... I really like this game a lot, and I think it's one of the best solid-state rip that spinner games around, and since I really wanted this game for the long haul, I decided to let Todd Tuckey and crew take a swing at the machine, and I think they hit a home run.

I would like to share some pictures of the machine now that it has arrived and I got 'er all plugged in and ready to go!!
Special thanks to MustangPaul for the LED lighted leg protectors.

This is the link to the game on YouTube that TNT put out. Early in the video there's some pf/cabinet/gameplay, and later in the video they return to show inside the cabinet and the LED leg protectors.

MVIMG_20190520_152341 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190520_160130 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190520_160702 (resized).jpg
#1209 10 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yay! My meteor finally made it home.
I was having issue after issue after issue.... and truthfully, I had myself frustrated and eventually just threw up my arms and gave up... I really like this game a lot, and I think it's one of the best solid-state rip that spinner games around, and since I really wanted this game for the long haul, I decided to let Todd Tuckey and crew take a swing at the machine, and I think they hit a home run.
I would like to share some pictures of the machine now that it has arrived and I got 'er all plugged in and ready to go!!
Special thanks to MustangPaul for the LED lighted leg protectors.
This is the link to the game on YouTube that TNT put out. Early in the video there's some pf/cabinet/gameplay, and later in the video they return to show inside the cabinet and the LED leg protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I soooo happy for you Chip and happy to have had a small part in you Dream Machine, it's beautiful. Many happy flipping years.

#1210 10 months ago

Who did the powdercoat?

#1211 10 months ago

Hi everyone. I don't own a Meteor, but I love Australian daybill movie posters. They always look great framed. I stumbled across this auction and thought it would be a fantastic accessory framed next to a machine.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/METEOR-Original-1979-Australian-Daybill-Movie-Poster-Sean-Connery-Natalie-Wood-/323742660644

AU $29.95 is about $20 USD. Not bad - more common posters can be way more.

Later!

#1212 10 months ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Who did the powdercoat?

Hey Lovef2k , the folks at TNT organized the powdercoating for the game, so I'm not entirely sure who actually did the job. Looks great though, whoever did it did a good job.

#1213 10 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hey Lovef2k , the folks at TNT organized the powdercoating for the game, so I'm not entirely sure who actually did the job. Looks great though, whoever did it did a good job.

Thanks, I'll hit Todd up for the info...

#1214 10 months ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Thanks, I'll hit Todd up for the info...

Powdercoating was done by Bonehead Performance in Warrington PA!

#1215 10 months ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Powdercoating was done by Bonehead Performance in Warrington PA!

Thanks Todd.

#1216 10 months ago

Gorgeous pin. Love the powder on it..may do the same with mine if I end up keeping long term.

#1217 10 months ago

I got my Meteor running recently with some help. But now I'm running into an issue where my "METEOR" drop targets wont always register if the playfield is down, but if you have the playfield in the up position, to say work on the underside, the drops will score every time and reset.

All solder joints look good and I cleaned the contacts. Did I not clean them good enough or is there something else I'm missing?

#1218 10 months ago

I woul take out the whole assembly and test it on the bench. Maybe the gap on the switches is just a little too much.

#1219 10 months ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Maybe the gap on the switches is just a little too much.

This would be my suspicion.

#1220 10 months ago

Translucent Lollipop Standup Target installed from Pinball-Mods.com -- the difference is subtle with only one target but I like it!

5J5A0064 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#1221 9 months ago

Just joined the club!

Got a few things to work out, the high voltage fuse blew on the way home apparently. Fixed that but now there are some little things.

Anyone had/have issues with the credits not showing up but the ball number does?

Mine has a credit button which might be the issue but was just curious.

96F5FC12-8620-448A-A3A0-C425B34CFECD (resized).jpeg
#1222 9 months ago

There's usually a setting in the manual to hide the credit count

#1223 9 months ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Anyone had/have issues with the credits not showing up but the ball number does?

Switch 20 on the mpu

#1224 9 months ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

the high voltage fuse blew on the way home apparently

On the way home?! Did your vehicle get struck by lightning? Are you okay?

Welcome to the club!

#1225 8 months ago

New to the club. I can never light WOW. The lights come on in attract but never during a game. Is there a setting that disables/enables it?

#1226 8 months ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

New to the club. I can never light WOW. The lights come on in attract but never during a game. Is there a setting that disables/enables it?

Make sure that switch 8 is turned on. I think 23 & 24 have something to do with the way it works also.

#1227 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

On the way home?! Did your vehicle get struck by lightning? Are you okay?
Welcome to the club!

I have no idea what happened. No lightning just 100 degrees in stop and go traffic for about an hour lol

#1228 8 months ago

Can someone send me some pics of how their coin mechs are wired? Mine are cut and a free play button is wired in but my wife and I like to coin drop every now and again.

#1229 8 months ago

I posted a coin door restoration thread awhile back -- you may be able to find some wiring pics there.

Here is the first post for the Stern Door:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-bally-stern-coin-doors-step-by-step-guide-to-restoration#post-4978415

#1230 8 months ago

I've created these custom apron cards, and am making them available for $10 per set, including US postage. I print these on a photo printer using OEM ink (no cheap third party) and OEM ultra gloss photo paper. I then cover in 3 mil clear gloss laminate, and razor cut to size.

Please PM me if interested.

Meteor1 (resized).jpgMeteor2 (resized).jpg
#1231 8 months ago

Figured I'd try to make it easier for others also...

Tried to post a nice Grid from Excel but it didn't look right. I've attached a picture with Part Numbers from Marcos and PBR. These are all White. I'm probably going to order a set of these and a set of colored Titan rubbers to see which ones I like better. I was thinking Orange.

I plan on doing this for Lights as well since there isn't a definitive one.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 3.21.56 PM (resized).png

#1232 8 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I posted a coin door restoration thread awhile back -- you may be able to find some wiring pics there.
Here is the first post for the Stern Door:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-bally-stern-coin-doors-step-by-step-guide-to-restoration#post-4978415

Looks like my Coin Mechs were removed. Does anyone know if these will work?

https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/forsale/coindoorparts.html#coinmechs

#1233 8 months ago

Noticed on CPR’s site today that playfields are in production.

D66501A0-EC91-435B-B61D-E7F1556C4B5D (resized).png
#1234 8 months ago

All cleaned and waxed. I can't seem to get these damn flipper bats out of the pawl. I've tried a mallet and wd40 to loosen up the grip but no dice.

IMG_20190717_202341402 (resized).jpg
#1235 8 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

All cleaned and waxed. I can't seem to get these damn flipper bats out of the pawl. I've tried a mallet and wd40 to loosen up the grip but no dice.[quoted image]

After you take the set screws out, grab the pawl with the vise grips and try to twist the bat by hand, not trying to pull it out, just twisting it. If you can get it to turn you can start trying to pull it apart as you twist back and forth. Eventually it should work free.

#1236 8 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

After you take the set screws out, grab the pawl with the vise grips and try to twist the bat by hand, not trying to pull it out, just twisting it. If you can get it to turn you can start trying to pull it apart as you twist back and forth. Eventually it should work free.

They wiggle a little side to side, but won't come any further "up". I'll see if a friend can help later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. I've not had any flipper shafts give me this much trouble before.

#1237 8 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Noticed on CPR’s site today that playfields are in production. [quoted image]

I've been on the pre-order since it was in the boutique zone, I can't believe it's finally happening!

#1238 8 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

They wiggle a little side to side, but won't come any further "up". I'll see if a friend can help later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. I've not had any flipper shafts give me this much trouble before.

Got those stubborn bats out with a friend last night. Never had so much trouble with bat removal before. One of us held the pawl from the bottom with channel locks and the other twisted and pulled from the top and one of them took a ton of force. Ready to repopulate tonight.

#1239 8 months ago

Drop target banks all need attention then she should be ready to play. Can anyone tell me if the dead bumper caps had holes and screws from the factory? My originals do but Steve Young's reproductions don't do I'm not sure if I should drill them or not. They snap dorky onto the body so I'm not worries about them coming off but want the original look.
Snapchat-1510299526 (resized).jpg

#1240 8 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Drop target banks all need attention then she should be ready to play. Can anyone tell me if the dead bumper caps had holes and screws from the factory? My originals do but Steve Young's reproductions don't do I'm not sure if I should drill them or not. They snap dorky onto the body so I'm not worries about them coming off but want the original look.
[quoted image]

They originally were just held on by friction, which didn't work well. Ops tended to add screws or glue

#1241 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They originally were just held on by friction, which didn't work well. Ops tended to add screws or glue

Excellent info. Thanks for the confirmation.

#1242 8 months ago

Got a set of original drops from a kind pinsider (could still use one "E" tombstone if anyone has one), but they are still not all staying up on a reset. Is there some sort of adjustment I can make with the individual coil brackets that hold each one up?

#1243 8 months ago

Seems my METEOR drop bank had the back plate install incorrectly. The bottom edge should be inside the lip of the main bracket. Fixed that and it is waaaaaay better. Now, I need a leaf switch or just the bent blade for the switches that score the individual drops when they fall. One broke while adjusting it. Can't seem to find this specific type of leaf switch anywhere.

#1244 8 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Seems my METEOR drop bank had the back plate install incorrectly. The bottom edge should be inside the lip of the main bracket. Fixed that and it is waaaaaay better. Now, I need a leaf switch or just the bent blade for the switches that score the individual drops when they fall. One broke while adjusting it. Can't seem to find this specific type of leaf switch anywhere.

You can probably get away with bending the leaf blades. You need to remove the switch stack from the assy to get the proper bend. If you need to rebuild a switch, buy the parts from Pinball Resource. He has 3 different thicknesses and the gold flashed contacts all sold by the piece fairly cheap. His blades has detents where you cut them to the length you need. Contacts are easy to add on with a small ball peen hammer and a soft area to work on. I buy a bunch at a time to keep on hand. You never know when you'll them if you many games. I have some NOS tombstone targets for Meteor, don't know if I have a E or not. Will let you know. I'm pretty sure I can scrape up a used on though.

#1245 8 months ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

You can probably get away with bending the leaf blades. You need to remove the switch stack from the assy to get the proper bend. If you need to rebuild a switch, buy the parts from Pinball Resource. He has 3 different thicknesses and the gold flashed contacts all sold by the piece fairly cheap. His blades has detents where you cut them to the length you need. Contacts are easy to add on with a small ball peen hammer and a soft area to work on. I buy a bunch at a time to keep on hand. You never know when you'll them if you many games. I have some NOS tombstone targets for Meteor, don't know if I have a E or not. Will let you know. I'm pretty sure I can scrape up a used on though.

Sorry for the missing words, I think faster than I can type lol...

#1246 8 months ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yes I think I found what I need at Marco. They have long blades I can bend. If you have an E that'd be great. If not, a blank or a 3 would be fine.

#1247 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've created these custom apron cards, and am making them available for $10 per set, including US postage. I print these on a photo printer using OEM ink (no cheap third party) and OEM ultra gloss photo paper. I then cover in 3 mil clear gloss laminate, and razor cut to size.
Please PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered these from mr_tantrum and received very quickly. Pics are in a F2K apron but the colors are the same as Meteor. Couldn't be happier with these!

P7260064 (resized).JPGP7260065 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1248 8 months ago

Would there be any issues with heat if I were to get some red translucent film to put in front of my original Meteor displays? Figuring there shouldn't be but wanted to see if anyone has tried this.

Thanks,
RC

#1249 8 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Would there be any issues with heat if I were to get some red translucent film to put in front of my original Meteor displays? Figuring there shouldn't be but wanted to see if anyone has tried this.
Thanks,
RC

Should be fine. I’m using a backglass with red film from the factory.

#1250 8 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Should be fine. I’m using a backglass with red film from the factory.

Thanks. Ordered some red theater gel material to test out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hillsborough, NJ
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.00
There are 1531 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside