0A (resized).jpg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 59.
#951 5 years ago

I need a backglass too! I wonder if CPR is going to do one?

#952 5 years ago

Where did you get that???

#953 5 years ago

It is from the Netherlands, custom made by a guy there. Not cheap but imo excellent quality.

#954 5 years ago

Okay but specifically who from and how do we buy one? Spill the beans already.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Just remove the outlane rubber. It’ll have same effect and if you remove the post you’ll start getting playfield wear where the post was

I pulled the rubber today and played a few games. drained a bit more, but not sure it was enough. Where would the extra wear show up? would it be on the playfield or on the side rail?

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Where would the extra wear show up? would it be on the playfield or on the side rail?

On the playfield where the post is currently located, the size of the post rubber. With the post gone the bottom of the ball travels all the way up to the plastic, running over the location of the post. By removing the rubber the bottom of the ball travels closer to the bottom of the post but there’s still a buffer

#957 5 years ago

maybe I'll put a small piece of mylar there to protect where the post was.

#958 5 years ago

What's your playfield angle?

#959 5 years ago

I think I have the back legs as high as possible and the front legs as low as possible. I've never measure the angle of the playfield.

#960 5 years ago

That'd be the best place to start if you're having long ball times.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I pulled the rubber today and played a few games. drained a bit more, but not sure it was enough. Where would the extra wear show up? would it be on the playfield or on the side rail?

Put a powerball in it

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I think I have the back legs as high as possible and the front legs as low as possible. I've never measure the angle of the playfield.

Put a 2x4 under the rear legs, then it'll be about right.

#963 5 years ago

I set up the PinGuy phone app. It not only gives you the pitch in degrees but also tells you if it is balanced left to right. Aim for 6 degrees pitch, adjust to 6-1/2 degrees if needed

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Put a 2x4 under the rear legs, then it'll be about right.

2x4s and extended 3" levelers or bust!

#965 5 years ago

Want to make sure I've got this wiring correct on the flipper that controls the 3rd upper flipper........ the black or dark brown wire with white on it is currently on the leaf-switch tab "second in" from the very end. The orange "jumper" wire is on the outermost tab and runs to the left-most coil tab (I put white arrows to show placement). I've seen these two wires also reversed, where the orange jumper is where the black w/white wire is..........does it matter which one is where???

On the upper flipper, am I missing a wire?? I have a jumper going from the middle tab of the coil to the outer tab of the leaf switch. Is there a wire that's supposed to be attached to the other leaf switch tab?

Thanks......

Flipcheck (resized).jpgFlipcheck (resized).jpgUpperFlipper (resized).jpgUpperFlipper (resized).jpg

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I set up the PinGuy phone app.

That might be worth looking into. I'm not sure if my phone is "smart" enough. Do you just lay the phone on the playfield?

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

That might be worth looking into. I'm not sure if my phone is "smart" enough. Do you just lay the phone on the playfield?

First time that you use it it’ll tell you to place it on the floor to calibrate it. Then take off the playfield glass and place the phone on the center of the playfield. It’ll show you if you’re too high on one side and the pitch

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

First time that you use it it’ll tell you to place it on the floor to calibrate it. Then take off the playfield glass and place the phone on the center of the playfield. It’ll show you if you’re too high on one side and the pitch

Assuming your floor is level... Not a single thing in my house is

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Assuming your floor is level... Not a single thing in my house is

The phone accepts your floor as level when it goes through the calibration process. That reading establishes that your floor is level and measures the pitch and side to side angle of the game vs the floor.

An analogy is that it’s like placing an empty bin on a digital scale and pressing the tare button. The scale considers the empty bin as weighing nothing and registers zero weight. Place something in the bin on top of the scale and it only weighs the items inside the bin, not the bin itself.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The phone accepts your floor as level when it goes through the calibration process. That reading establishes that your floor is level and measures the pitch and side to side angle of the game vs the floor.
An analogy is that it’s like placing an empty bin on a digital scale and pressing the tare button. The scale considers the empty bin as weighing nothing and registers zero weight. Place something in the bin on top of the scale and it only weighs the items inside the bin, not the bin itself.

But that's making sure the game is level...relative to the floor. Which the floor is not.
Just like weighing stuff on a tared scale measures the weight relative to the bowl/etc

1 week later
#971 5 years ago

Can someone with an original power cord take a picture on how it is routed in the cabinet? Also, is it supposed to be a round cord or one of the flat ribbed cords? The one on my machine isn't right and I would like to get a proper replacement.

Thank You!

#972 5 years ago

The cord is a flat ribbed on. It hangs loose in the cab and ties into the line filter.

20181014_143638 (resized).jpg20181014_143638 (resized).jpg20181014_143652 (resized).jpg20181014_143652 (resized).jpg
#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The cord is a flat ribbed on. It hangs loose in the cab and ties into the line filter.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! Now I know what cord to pickup and how it should be fastened in the cabinet.

#974 5 years ago

Shouldn't there be a three-prong plug for Meteor??

I've gotta replace mine as well, but haven't gotten that far yet......

#975 5 years ago

Yes you will definitely want a 3 prong plug. My grounding plug got left in the socket last time I unplugged it so it's new power cord time for me as well.

1 week later
#976 5 years ago

Picked up a pretty nice meteor last night. Has a few issues like a broken “E” drop target and the displays don’t work, but everything else works great. Going to try to figure out the displays tonight.

45008FC0-0946-46AF-8B17-1125BF0C6DC4 (resized).jpeg45008FC0-0946-46AF-8B17-1125BF0C6DC4 (resized).jpeg5D7F61D0-F013-4564-9899-49CC9FD8BE17 (resized).jpeg5D7F61D0-F013-4564-9899-49CC9FD8BE17 (resized).jpegF2156DAC-5C3A-41F5-8734-2D656C590DE3 (resized).jpegF2156DAC-5C3A-41F5-8734-2D656C590DE3 (resized).jpeg
#977 5 years ago

Are the 22-26AWG crimp contacts the size that I want to use?? Of course, when I sit down to make an order, Great Plains is out of stock!!!

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Are the 22-26AWG crimp contacts the size that I want to use?? Of course, when I sit down to make an order, Great Plains is out of stock!!!

Go to Mouser.com or Digikey.com

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Go to Mouser.com or Digikey.com

Great, thanks.

3 weeks later
#980 5 years ago

Hey guys, my new Meteor needs a left inlane ball guide (w7-6a-253-l). Anyone have an extra to spare?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#981 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Hey guys, my new Meteor needs a left inlane ball guide (w7-6a-253-l). Anyone have an extra to spare?
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-re-populating-playfields#post-4526968

It will take you 5 minutes to make a new one

#982 5 years ago

Thanks Vid! I was totally ready to call Steve...got the starter kit from Marco.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Thanks Vid! I was totally ready to call Steve...got the starter kit from Marco.

While you are waiting for the kit to arrive, take your opposing wire guide up to the HW store and grab a few lengths of same diameter stainless steel welding wire.

Last time I saw the kit, it did NOT have any thick, wire guide wire included.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While you are waiting for the kit to arrive, take your opposing wire guide up to the HW store and grab a few lengths of same diameter stainless steel welding wire..

Can also order stainless from Amazon if your hardware store doesn't have it.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While you are waiting for the kit to arrive, take your opposing wire guide up to the HW store and grab a few lengths of same diameter stainless steel welding wire.
Last time I saw the kit, it did NOT have any thick, wire guide wire included.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Can also order stainless from Amazon if your hardware store doesn't have it.

Argh... I had cleared my pf, and had to drill pilot holes for these wire forms, one of the drill holes ended up slipping through to the wood and hollowed out the hole too much, now the wire form comes loose and pops out after a dozen games... any advise ?

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

... any advise ?

Same as any hole, toothpick & glue

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Argh... I had cleared my pf, and had to drill pilot holes for these wire forms, one of the drill holes ended up slipping through to the wood and hollowed out the hole too much, now the wire form comes loose and pops out after a dozen games... any advise ?

If it's still pretty close tolerance, then flood the hole with white glue and put the wire back in, let dry 48 hours.

If it's blown out, plug hole with bamboo skewer and glue (or fat toothpick), and then re-drill when dry.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If it's still pretty close tolerance, then flood the hole with white glue and put the wire back in, let dry 48 hours.
If it's blown out, plug hole with bamboo skewer and glue (or fat toothpick), and then re-drill when dry.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Same as any hole, toothpick & glue

Thanks guys, the tolerance is really close, I’ll drop glue in and try that out

#989 5 years ago

Any idea why CPR doesn't have anything for Meteor (plastics, bg, playfield?) Have they ever done any of them? I thought the new model was to be able to reproduce their catalog on demand, but maybe everything's not up yet.

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Any idea why CPR doesn't have anything for Meteor (plastics, bg, playfield?) Have they ever done any of them? I thought the new model was to be able to reproduce their catalog on demand, but maybe everything's not up yet.

Cpr has had Meteor in their Boutique zone for several years, waiting for enough people to preorder to make a run. I don’t think anyone has ever made a backglass. Several people have asked Mirco to make a Meteor playfield. I’ll find the forum for you later today.

You can order plastics, drop target/spinner decals and apron decals from Lee at Pinball Rescue. He makes excellent products.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Meteor.html

#991 5 years ago

Thanks! Any opinions on hot-stamped drops from Pinball Resource vs. blank targets and decals from other vendors?

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Thanks! Any opinions on hot-stamped drops from Pinball Resource vs. blank targets and decals from other vendors?

I've gotten two sets from PBR and they were all warped. The ones that were warped little enough that I could still install them work fine, they just look bad being all misaligned. I'd try to stay with originals if you have them personally

#993 5 years ago

Got recent complete set from PBR and they were all well.

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Several people have asked Mirco to make a Meteor playfield.

I was supposed to send him a playfield for repro, but it turns out the spare I have has too many issues.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

westofrome Post in this forum that you would like a Meteor playfield:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-about-to-present-3-new-product-categories-at-expo

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I was supposed to send him a playfield for repro, but it turns out the spare I have has too many issues.

I have a nice Meteor folded up in storage. I'll set it up in the next week, clean the playfield and send some pictures to Mirco to see if he can use my playfield.

#997 5 years ago

You can get new repro mirrored backglass from the Netherlands. Bally bingo

20181002_180111 (resized).jpg20181002_180111 (resized).jpgmeteor001 (resized).jpgmeteor001 (resized).jpg
#998 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

You can get new repro mirrored backglass from the Netherlands. Bally bingo[quoted image][quoted image]

Link?

#999 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed that CPR moved the Meteor pf to the "pipe" from the "boutique zone"? Weird thing is that it states under the heading to follow boutique zone instructions but the other pf's in the pipe are standard pre-order.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

You can get new repro mirrored backglass from the Netherlands. Bally bingo[quoted image][quoted image]

Shipping must be a killer to the USA!! It looks nice though...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
There are 2,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past/page/20?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.