Meteor Cabinet Door

By decoy86

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 14 years ago

Working on a buddies Stern Meteor- Can't get the top cabinet door open- I have the original door key but it wont turn 90 degres- only about 70 degres- afraid to force the key and break it off. Any sugestions?

#2 14 years ago

Try pushing door closed (to the back) and/or lifting up a little while turning the key.

#3 14 years ago

When you say 'top cabinet door' do you mean the back box/ back glass or the coin door?

#4 14 years ago

Yes- back glass / back box. I dont think it has been opened for awhile- I can see the rod turn as I move the key from the rear of the box with a flashlight.

#5 14 years ago

Just keep working and jiggling it. Please don't spray anything inside if you can avoid it.
Usually the key is trying to retract (pull to the inside) the latches at the top and bottom of the door. Maybe you can just remove the backglass and get to the mechanics ?

Normally the backglass can be removed separately by lifting it up at the bottom.

#6 14 years ago

I noticed the glass seemed a bit loose and could move it a little- was afraid to get too brutal with it and break it

#7 14 years ago

I really feel dumb now- turned the key and then the glass came right out- then walla- the door latch was revealed and the cabinet is now open. Thanks for the tips.....

#8 14 years ago

good to see you got it,
hate to hear someone snap a backglass on a pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-cabinet-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.