(Topic ID: 289487)

Meteor 2021 - new code for Stern Meteor (1979)

By DickHamill

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 649 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by DickHamill
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0957 - ANNOTATED (resized).jpg
IMG_0956 - ANNOTATED (resized).jpg
IMG_7769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2445 (resized).jpg
IMG_2444 (resized).jpg
IMG_5196 (resized).jpg
IMG_5188 (resized).jpg
20230731_220626 (resized).jpg
20230731_220626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4380 (resized).jpg
IMG_4379 (resized).jpg
IMG_4378 (resized).jpg
IMG_0960 (resized).jpg
BaseRollover (resized).jpeg
20230424_194610 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RoyGBev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The notes mention the 10K resistor is either 1/2W or 1/4W but looks to be an 1/8W included in the kit. Any of those would work fine so maybe the notes could use a quick update to mention that.

Looks like a 1/8W to me too. I ordered 1/4W and the packaging says 1/4W but I guess they could have made a mistake. Thanks for the mention.

1 year later
#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Moorunhold:

Toggle for the match feature is now implemented.

Thanks for that! I love the match feature.

I think the knocker should be earned, which is why before free-play became an option on early Bally/Sterns I never used the trick of setting ultra-low score thresholds. But I'll make an exception for the match.

In friendly competition, we've used the match like this: If winner matches, loser pays double. And on pins that animate the match feature (like the class of '81 Ballys), I wouldn't even think of turning it off.

It bothered me a bit when I found out I could adjust the match percentage on my HS2. By my old-school thinking, match should always be a one-in-ten probability.

7 months later
#487 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Bought it ready to go from RoyGBiv. Supposed to be plug and play. When my Meteor was working, I couldn't tell if the adapter was working because I never got the sound working. Then Meteor stopped working in general so I am fixing that then moving to get the kit working as this was the sole reason I acquired the Meteor. I'll update progress once I get something working.

I am sending you a mounting kit overnight tomorrow. The kit was created with the assumption that the sound board would be mounted to the small surface above the MPU board. But with the Alltek, the ribbon cable doesn't reach that area. All sound boards now ship with four standoffs and screws.

4 months later
#551 10 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I have both my 2021 install and my original code running through the original speaker using the alligator clip cable offered somewhere in this thread. Well worth the money as it was basically plug and play.

I have the cable available for $25 plus shipping, comes with instructions. It mixes the stereo sound from the .wav trigger down to mono and sends it through the game's original SB300 sound board and speaker. A good choice if you don't want to mess with adding an external sound bar or powered speakers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RoyGBev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-2021-new-code-for-stern-meteor-1979?tu=RoyGBev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.