(Topic ID: 289487)

Meteor 2021 - new code for Stern Meteor (1979)

By DickHamill

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 649 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by DickHamill
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0957 - ANNOTATED (resized).jpg
IMG_0956 - ANNOTATED (resized).jpg
IMG_7769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2445 (resized).jpg
IMG_2444 (resized).jpg
IMG_5196 (resized).jpg
IMG_5188 (resized).jpg
20230731_220626 (resized).jpg
20230731_220626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4380 (resized).jpg
IMG_4379 (resized).jpg
IMG_4378 (resized).jpg
IMG_0960 (resized).jpg
BaseRollover (resized).jpeg
20230424_194610 (resized).jpg
There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from 80spit:

IT Lives another Meteor with new life!! all I can say it is just awesome, Wavtrigger is a must, sounds really great with a good set of computer speakers I had stole from my work PC yesterday. Turns out I had a flakey credit display that was messing with the display outputs. Many Thanks to Dick Hamill and all the hours and hard work he spent on this. also Thanks to Robotworkshop for stepping me through my start up. Think Im going to pull my project BlackJack out and give it the Hamill treatmen lol

I know Dick made an upgrade for the BlackJack. A while before that I made a custom ROM for BlackJack that fixed a tilt bug, changed the rules so you could lose points when you were losing, and add a couple more tunes with the chimes. Made a big difference in game play.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I know Dick made an upgrade for the BlackJack. A while before that I made a custom ROM for BlackJack that fixed a tilt bug, changed the rules so you could lose points when you were losing, and add a couple more tunes with the chimes. Made a big difference in game play.

80spit - I put @robotworkshop's ROM in my Black Jack as part of a restoration....it's very cool and adds a bit of complexity and strategy to an otherwise simple game. Here's some video I took of the new ROM's gameplay a couple years ago:

1 week later
#453 1 year ago

What are thoughts on using an original mpu200 versus an alltek MPU with the new code? At the moment, I have 2 working Meteors. One has an original MPU and one has an alltek MPU. I will be modding one of them with the new 2021 code then selling the other meteor.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

What are thoughts on using an original mpu200 versus an alltek MPU with the new code? At the moment, I have 2 working Meteors. One has an original MPU and one has an alltek MPU. I will be modding one of them with the new 2021 code then selling the other meteor.

The update should work fine with either MPU. My Meteor had an Alltek board in it when I bought the game. I was able to find and rebuild a clean original MPU-200 and am running that with the upgrade installed. I put a small switch in the vent under the head so I can switch between the original Meteor or in the other position the new Meteor 2021 code is running.

If you do the upgrade the REV 2 board with the Nano works well. I'd avoid the REV 1 for Meteor and just use the REV 1 for Early Stern machines with Chimes or Bally machines. The REV 2 is better for the later Stern sound card that plugs into that J5 connector.

3 weeks later
#455 1 year ago

Hi! I just bought Meteor with the 2021 Mods installed. Wow - what an amazing game. I’m having an odd problem and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I have my Award Scores set to 600000, 800000 and 900000. I have the award selection set to 3 for Credit, Credit, Extra Ball. Tournament scoring is off. Game is in Free Play mode. When playing, I get a credit at the first award level but no award at either level2 or 3. I have changed the award selection and the problem is consistent. An award is given when crossing the first level but not level 2 or 3. Obviously not critical but would love to solve this if anyone has ideas. Machine is set to 5 ball play.

#456 1 year ago

Another oddball issue, maybe this is just a code limitation, I can’t tell…
During missile command mode, the call outs about “2 METEORS REMAINING” often don’t match up to what happens. Sometimes I’ll clear a meteor, then get that call out, only to have Morpheus mode start up. It’s not a deal breaker but is confusing, especially to people who haven’t played before and you have to be “yeah, the code is weird, don’t worry about it.”

Seems there are other little bugs like that, I’ll have to play some games and take some notes…?

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Another oddball issue, maybe this is just a code limitation, I can’t tell…
During missile command mode, the call outs about “2 METEORS REMAINING” often don’t match up to what happens. Sometimes I’ll clear a meteor, then get that call out, only to have Morpheus mode start up. It’s not a deal breaker but is confusing, especially to people who haven’t played before and you have to be “yeah, the code is weird, don’t worry about it.”
Seems there are other little bugs like that, I’ll have to play some games and take some notes…?

Notes and video would be great -- especially if you can pin down how to reproduce the problem!

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbe:

Hi! I just bought Meteor with the 2021 Mods installed. Wow - what an amazing game. I’m having an odd problem and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I have my Award Scores set to 600000, 800000 and 900000. I have the award selection set to 3 for Credit, Credit, Extra Ball. Tournament scoring is off. Game is in Free Play mode. When playing, I get a credit at the first award level but no award at either level2 or 3. I have changed the award selection and the problem is consistent. An award is given when crossing the first level but not level 2 or 3. Obviously not critical but would love to solve this if anyone has ideas. Machine is set to 5 ball play.

DickHamill -- any thoughts on my issue above? Easy to replicate. Thank you!!!

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbe:

DickHamill -- any thoughts on my issue above? Easy to replicate. Thank you!!!

There are a lot of variables to consider -- bear with me while I catch up on a couple of details.
How many credits are on the machine? (settings number 5, I think) -- the code won't award more credits after 40
Did you cross both levels in the same ball? -- the code won't award multiple specials in the same ball
Did you already achieve an extra ball through some other method? -- the code won't award multiple EBs in the same ball

Unfortunately, I no longer have a Meteor to experiment with. After I've released code, my partner waits a month or so and then runs away with machines in the middle of the night, leaving fresh broken ones in their place.
If anyone here has a Meteor and a bit of programming knowledge, here's the place where award scores are checked:

if (scoreAtTop != CurrentScoreOfCurrentPlayer) {
LastTimeScoreChanged = CurrentTime;
if (!TournamentScoring) {
for (int awardCount = 0; awardCount < 3; awardCount++) {
if (AwardScores[awardCount] != 0 && scoreAtTop < AwardScores[awardCount] && CurrentScoreOfCurrentPlayer >= AwardScores[awardCount]) {
// Player has just passed an award score, so we need to award it
if (((ScoreAwardReplay >> awardCount) & 0x01)) {
AddSpecialCredit();
} else if (!ExtraBallCollected) {
AwardExtraBall();
}
}
}
}

}

A well placed sound effect or two would tell us what's happening.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from DickHamill:

There are a lot of variables to consider -- bear with me while I catch up on a couple of details.
How many credits are on the machine? (settings number 5, I think) -- the code won't award more credits after 40
Did you cross both levels in the same ball? -- the code won't award multiple specials in the same ball
Did you already achieve an extra ball through some other method? -- the code won't award multiple EBs in the same ball
Unfortunately, I no longer have a Meteor to experiment with. After I've released code, my partner waits a month or so and then runs away with machines in the middle of the night, leaving fresh broken ones in their place.
If anyone here has a Meteor and a bit of programming knowledge, here's the place where award scores are checked:
if (scoreAtTop != CurrentScoreOfCurrentPlayer) {
LastTimeScoreChanged = CurrentTime;
if (!TournamentScoring) {
for (int awardCount = 0; awardCount < 3; awardCount++) {
if (AwardScores[awardCount] != 0 && scoreAtTop < AwardScores[awardCount] && CurrentScoreOfCurrentPlayer >= AwardScores[awardCount]) {
// Player has just passed an award score, so we need to award it
if (((ScoreAwardReplay >> awardCount) & 0x01)) {
AddSpecialCredit();
} else if (!ExtraBallCollected) {
AwardExtraBall();
}
}
}
}
}
A well placed sound effect or two would tell us what's happening.

Thank

Thank you for this. Lots of great questions:
1) There are less than 20 credits on the machine
2) Great question regarding crossing both levels on the same ball. I don't think so, but I will test this. Considering that I've never seen the second award get triggered, I'd think this is not the case.
3) I have it set for "credit" "credit" "extra ball" so I don't think that is the issue (having previously earned an extra ball via another method).

But I do have a question (I used to be a FORTRAN and COBOL coder but those skills don't readily translate) -- this code seems to be for TournamentScoring and I do not have TournamentScoring set to on. Could that be the issue or am I reading it wrong?

Brian

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbe:

Thank
Thank you for this. Lots of great questions:
1) There are less than 20 credits on the machine
2) Great question regarding crossing both levels on the same ball. I don't think so, but I will test this. Considering that I've never seen the second award get triggered, I'd think this is not the case.
3) I have it set for "credit" "credit" "extra ball" so I don't think that is the issue (having previously earned an extra ball via another method).
But I do have a question (I used to be a FORTRAN and COBOL coder but those skills don't readily translate) -- this code seems to be for TournamentScoring and I do not have TournamentScoring set to on. Could that be the issue or am I reading it wrong?
Brian

That code is terribly hard to read. I don't know how to indent on this forum (maybe someone will clue me in?).
There's an ! before the TournamentScoring, so it reads "If not TournamentScoring then..."

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from DickHamill:

That code is terribly hard to read. I don't know how to indent on this forum (maybe someone will clue me in?).
There's an ! before the TournamentScoring, so it reads "If not TournamentScoring then..."

I had to take screenshots when I did Galaxy to get around the indentation issue.

#463 1 year ago

Bought a Meteor and want to install the new code. Read most of this thread to understand what I'm getting into. I can buy the complete ready to install Arduino set up here on Pinside. Looks like this is the popular amp:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y67PZB1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

I'm guessing a USB cord from the sound card goes to that amp? Does that amp need 120V for power? From there, I'll need speakers. I don't want a sound bar or anything mounted externally.

Not looking for high end sound, just simplicity to install. I see all kinds of posts of different set-ups. I am guessing a pair of small speakers in the lower cabinet would work.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Not looking for high end sound, just simplicity to install.

I sell the kit and just added the adapter cable that connects to the games speaker. Thanks to SlapDrain for help with the cable! This would be the easiest way to get it set up .

https://troxelrepair.com/shop/
IMG_4369 (resized).JPGIMG_4369 (resized).JPG

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from troxel:

I sell the kit and just added the adapter cable that connects to the games speaker. Thanks to SlapDrain for help with the cable! This would be the easiest way to get it set up .
[quoted image]

So that kit does not require an amp and I can use the stock speaker or just a single upgraded speaker?

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from troxel:

[quoted image]

I made one of those when I had my Meteor. Works great. That way you can just utilize your cabinet speaker and don't need anything else. I think the instructions are on pinside somewhere.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

So that kit does not require an amp and I can use the stock speaker or just a single upgraded speaker?

Correct

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the instructions are on pinside somewhere.

That's correct. SlapDrain posted the how-to here if your want to make your own.

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from troxel:

[quoted image]

I use this cable. Couldn't have been easier.

2 weeks later
#469 1 year ago
Quoted from troxel:

[quoted image]

Happy to help! This is absolutely the way to go if you want a quick and easy way to get audio working with the updated code. The price is right as well! Kudos to troxel for not charging an arm and a leg for any of his mods.

#470 1 year ago

I want to give a shout out to Dick Hamill for his great work on Meteor 2021’s scoring code - he got the million point system working like a charm - we owe him a debt of gratitude for his contributions! I made a video showing it off:

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from cooperscooter:

I want to give a shout out to Dick Hamill for his great work on Meteor 2021’s scoring code - he got the million point system working like a charm - we owe him a debt of gratitude for his contributions! I made a video showing it off:

Thanks for the video!

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from cooperscooter:

After you mentioned that artifact that shows up in the first segment (as a 0) in the 7digit 2021 code. I have now noticed the issue on mine, along with the match sequence numbers that shift to the left.

I am running the latest code from github, and I still see the issue. Is there something I need to change to fix it?

Thanks in advance. Great job on the code Dick!

***Edit*** I uninstalled all the Arduino software on my PC. I then started with a clean install of everything. The 7digit artifact is gone, all is good now!

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

After you mentioned that artifact that shows up in the first segment (as a 0) in the 7digit 2021 code. I have now noticed the issue on mine, along with the match sequence numbers that shift to the left.
I am running the latest code from github, and I still see the issue. Is there something I need to change to fix it?
Thanks in advance. Great job on the code Dick!
***Edit*** I uninstalled all the Arduino software on my PC. I then started with a clean install of everything. The 7digit artifact is gone, all is good now!

I had a similar false-load issue and wasted mine and Dick's time the same way - one has to really check the details!

3 weeks later
#474 1 year ago

Just wanted to pass along that I have a 15% off sale at my store for anyone looking to buy a premade kit (or audio cable).

15% off most items in my shop (NMP's drop target sensors are not included in the sale) along with free shipping with any purchase over $20.00.
Coupon expires after 11/28/2022.
Code: bf2022

3 weeks later
#475 1 year ago

Hooked up my 2021 kit and the game plays fine, but my volume is super low coming out of 2 different sets of external speakers. I can hear everything, but even with speaker volume cranked all the way up, it's very low volume. Any ideas?

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from SgtPin18:

Hooked up my 2021 kit and the game plays fine, but my volume is super low coming out of 2 different sets of external speakers. I can hear everything, but even with speaker volume cranked all the way up, it's very low volume. Any ideas?

Are they amplified speakers? Did you use different audio cables with the different speakers. I have a sound bar sitting on top of the machine for running the new code. Internal speaker for original sounds.

#477 1 year ago

Yes, external powered speakers with 2 different 3.5 cables

Are they amplified speakers? Did you use different audio cables with the different speakers. I have a sound bar sitting on top of the machine for running the new code. Internal speaker for original sounds.

#478 1 year ago

How is the WAVtrigger powered? Are the pads for power solder bridged on the WAVtrigger? Was the latest firmware put on the WAVtrigger? Double check the cable between the Arduino adapter board and the WAVtrigger.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from SgtPin18:

In addition to Robotworkshop 's advice, I would also power everything up and, while in attract mode, hit the test button on the WAV Trigger. That will play one of the samples from the SD card. If the volume is low there, it's some problem with the WAV trigger, the jack, or down stream.

The documentation for Meteor has a picture of the solder pad jumper that Robotworkshop mentioned:
https://github.com/BallySternOS/Meteor2021/blob/main/Meteor2021Documentation.pdf

Also check setting 14, which I think should be set to 5 (sounds and music).

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from DickHamill:

In addition to Robotworkshop 's advice, I would also power everything up and, while in attract mode, hit the test button on the WAV Trigger. That will play one of the samples from the SD card. If the volume is low there, it's some problem with the WAV trigger, the jack, or down stream.
The documentation for Meteor has a picture of the solder pad jumper that Robotworkshop mentioned:
https://github.com/BallySternOS/Meteor2021/blob/main/Meteor2021Documentation.pdf
Also check setting 14, which I think should be set to 5 (sounds and music).

So, the first set of speakers were not externally powered. The 2nd set, I had the speakers plugged into the wrong jack. It is now working great! Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas!! The sound package is amazing!!!

2 weeks later
#481 1 year ago

Getting back around to figuring out this project. I bought a Meteor back in July and have the Arduino kit, Amazon amp etc. I've never been able to get it to work. Out of frustration I put it down because I was having issues with the Meteor in general. Now I'm out of sorts as to how it should properly be hooked up. New Alltek board. I'm confused as to where the extra 2 pins going from the board to the sound board are supposed to be. Left middle or right? Meaning 2 pins are open but where should they be open? Or does it only matter when it comes to the sound.

Goal is to just get the Arduino up and running and then go from there.

Attached are pics to better give you an ideal of how I have everything currently plugged in.

20230111_161236 (resized).jpg20230111_161236 (resized).jpg20230111_161254 (resized).jpg20230111_161254 (resized).jpg20230111_161305 (resized).jpg20230111_161305 (resized).jpg20230111_161309 (resized).jpg20230111_161309 (resized).jpg20230111_161317 (resized).jpg20230111_161317 (resized).jpg
#482 1 year ago

The 2 on the left need to be open. You have it correct on the mpu side, a14/irq. The sound board looks off and you have the opening in the middle? That is not correct. Yes, that is just the sound board, until you get stuff booting up you can disconnect it. If there are 34 pins on each connector, you go from pin 1 on the right, then the next connector goes right up against the first connector. The A14 and IRQ signal aren't used on the sb300 sound board.

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Getting back around to figuring out this project. I bought a Meteor back in July and have the Arduino kit, Amazon amp etc. I've never been able to get it to work. Out of frustration I put it down because I was having issues with the Meteor in general. Now I'm out of sorts as to how it should properly be hooked up. New Alltek board. I'm confused as to where the extra 2 pins going from the board to the sound board are supposed to be. Left middle or right? Meaning 2 pins are open but where should they be open? Or does it only matter when it comes to the sound.
Attached are pics to better give you an ideal of how I have everything currently plugged in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you buy just the adapter board for the Arduino in kit form or did you get the whole set as a kit ready to install and use?? Big difference.

If you didn't buy ready to go you'll need to download the code and the Arduino tools to load the Meteor code onto the Arduino. With that it should just get you playing without sounds. As far as I am aware the original sound board (connected by those ribbon cables) is only used when the jumper on the Arduiono adapter board is open causing the original Meteor code to run.

When the Arduino takes over it uses the WAVtrigger for sounds.

For the WAVtrigger to work there are two pads that need to be solder bridged so it can be powered from the pinball machine. Also that WAVtrigger may also need the latest firmware installed. That requires connecting the WAVtrigger to a computer to upload the new code to that. Finally the soundset of WAV files needs to be copied onto the MicroSD card for the WAVtrigger to use.

#484 1 year ago

Did you buy just the adapter board for the Arduino in kit form or did you get the whole set as a kit ready to install and use?? Big difference.
If you didn't buy ready to go you'll need to download the code and the Arduino tools to load the Meteor code onto the Arduino. With that it should just get you playing without sounds. As far as I am aware the original sound board (connected by those ribbon cables) is only used when the jumper on the Arduiono adapter board is open causing the original Meteor code to run.
When the Arduino takes over it uses the WAVtrigger for sounds.
For the WAVtrigger to work there are two pads that need to be solder bridged so it can be powered from the pinball machine. Also that WAVtrigger may also need the latest firmware installed. That requires connecting the WAVtrigger to a computer to upload the new code to that. Finally the soundset of WAV files needs to be copied onto the MicroSD card for the WAVtrigger to use.

Bought it ready to go from RoyGBiv. Supposed to be plug and play. When my Meteor was working, I couldn't tell if the adapter was working because I never got the sound working. Then Meteor stopped working in general so I am fixing that then moving to get the kit working as this was the sole reason I acquired the Meteor. I'll update progress once I get something working.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Bought it ready to go from RoyGBiv. Supposed to be plug and play. When my Meteor was working, I couldn't tell if the adapter was working because I never got the sound working. Then Meteor stopped working in general so I am fixing that then moving to get the kit working as this was the sole reason I acquired the Meteor. I'll update progress once I get something working.

Even without the sound you'll know if the new code is running if you look at the attract light show on the playfield. Definitely different.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As slochar mentioned, your cable on your sound card (on the left side of the head) doesn't look right. You can unplug those and see if everything boots.
What's mounting your WAV Trigger (the red card) to the back plane? I saw a sketchy install once where double sided foam tape started to sag and the WAV trigger board was grounding 5V on the metal. (I won't tell you who did that sketchy install -- it was me). Anyway, be careful that the WAV trigger isn't touching!

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I am sending you a mounting kit overnight tomorrow. The kit was created with the assumption that the sound board would be mounted to the small surface above the MPU board. But with the Alltek, the ribbon cable doesn't reach that area. All sound boards now ship with four standoffs and screws.

1 month later
#488 1 year ago

I built, compiled, and installed my setup using the Rev 3 board with Robertsonics Wav Trigger and recommended SD card. It works, but no background sound. I hear the Match music, but no music during game play, just the switch triggers and mode callouts. Any ideas? I have the USE...1p3 defined in my code and recompiled/downloaded several times. Diag code 14 (music) can be set to 1,2,3 or 99. I tried them all. The documentation mentioned the possibility of 4 or 5 also if using the Wav Trigger. Was that implemented? I bought the Wav board neelw about a month ago, so I figured it was 1.30 or later FW. Thanks!

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

I built, compiled, and installed my setup using the Rev 3 board with Robertsonics Wav Trigger and recommended SD card. It works, but no background sound. I hear the Match music, but no music during game play, just the switch triggers and mode callouts. Any ideas? I have the USE...1p3 defined in my code and recompiled/downloaded several times. Diag code 14 (music) can be set to 1,2,3 or 99. I tried them all. The documentation mentioned the possibility of 4 or 5 also if using the Wav Trigger. Was that implemented? I bought the Wav board neelw about a month ago, so I figured it was 1.30 or later FW. Thanks!

I don't know if the WAVtrigger ships with updated firmware. I had to update all of the ones I've used.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

If you enable 1.3 and you don't have 1.3, you won't hear music. As far as I know, WAV Trigger doesn't ship with 1.3.
To confirm that this is your issue, instead of
define USE_WAV_TRIGGER_1p3
try
define USE_WAV_TRIGGER
If that fixes the music issue, you might want to find a way to update the firmware.

#491 1 year ago

Appreciate the wisdom! I may go ahead and get the programming cable.

#492 1 year ago

Updating the firmware fixed the issue. Thanks again!

2 weeks later
#493 1 year ago

I finally got this up and running on a Meteor I've been working on tonight! Thanks to DickHamill for all of his amazing work creating this and everyone else for all of the tips and videos. This machine is running on a Weebly MPU board as well and it works great.

I can't wait to share this with our local tournament crowd soon!

#494 1 year ago

Does anyone know what format the SD card is in and if the audio files are stored in a folder or just on the SD card without directory? Considering changing the soundtrack on this but don't want to corrupt the current SD card. Would rather make a second option to try etc...

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from splattii:

Does anyone know what format the SD card is in and if the audio files are stored in a folder or just on the SD card without directory? Considering changing the soundtrack on this but don't want to corrupt the current SD card. Would rather make a second option to try etc...

The WavTrigger manual is here: https://www.robertsonics.com/wav-trigger/

Basically, you cannot format to any size greater than 32 GB. Any file you use must be uncompressed .WAV format, and make sure the meta data is all blank. Most of us use Audacity for this.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

The WavTrigger manual is here: https://www.robertsonics.com/wav-trigger/
Basically, you cannot format to any size greater than 32 GB. Any file you use must be uncompressed .WAV format, and make sure the meta data is all blank. Most of us use Audacity for this.

Thanks

#497 1 year ago

Meteor 2021 Rules-I'm having a difficult time finding a comprehensive rule listing for the new code...sometimes I'm hitting a meteor without any idea of what I did. Is there a link anywhere for a comprehensive rule list-maybe something comparable to what you on the Tilt forums??

thanks
mtt

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from mtripl:

Meteor 2021 Rules-I'm having a difficult time finding a comprehensive rule listing for the new code...sometimes I'm hitting a meteor without any idea of what I did. Is there a link anywhere for a comprehensive rule list-maybe something comparable to what you on the Tilt forums??
thanks
mtt

I never finished this mod (and I just realized it's been over a year) - still working on my bench. I've got a powder-coated donor apron with the hole cut out for the screen, just need to find some time to finish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-2021-new-code-for-stern-meteor-1979/page/6#post-6742784

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

never finished this mod (and I just realized it's been over a year) - still working on my bench.

That’s a great rundown of the rules - I forgot all about that mod. Really nice, I’ll be very interested to see that finished up. (In an ideal world, it would be cool to be able to go forward and back or pause, I found myself doing that watching your video. But also realize that creates a significant complication!

As an aside, I’m not usually a big fan of colored powdercoating on cabinets, but yours looks super classy. Very nice job

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkAnderson:

Is it possible to use this on Catacomb or Split Second?

Split second would be a great one to redo the code for and add some background sound

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-2021-new-code-for-stern-meteor-1979/page/10?hl=sgtpin18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.