Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ballsofsteel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1020286.JPG
tumblr_lm2ynxiiLI1qaikizo1_500.gif
P1020078.JPG

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I ordered a NIB pro...I can't wait. I grew up buying their tapes and 'dubbing' them into personal cassette tapes as a kid, now I finally own a metallica pinball! I love the code/depth/artwork/music. I honestly dislike the cab artwork, but you don't notice it once you start to play. no flaky hammer issues, super cheap, super pumped on this machine! I am freaking out about figuring out the depth and strategy on this machine...it's like a players wet dream.

P1020078.JPG
#2 5 years ago

Ordered mine earlier this week.
Hoping to pick it up next Saturday.
Already ordered a truck load of cool mods including a Dirty Donny Sparky.
Just waiting for everything to arrive.

Trying to brush up on the rules. So far, all I have truly figured out is that Lyman is smarter than I am.

Can't wait to get it.

Enjoy and congrats!

#3 5 years ago

Pro is the way to go!

#4 5 years ago

I love mine. The game is a great adrenal rush. Once you understand the rules you'll love it even more.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I ordered a NIB pro...I can't wait. I grew up buying their tapes and 'dubbing' them into personal cassette tapes as a kid, now I finally own a Metallica pinball!

That collection is getting too big and out of control, time to bring me that Dirty Harry

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Pro is the way to go!

For sure, I was one that got screwed with the whole LE thing but super happy in the long run that I got a pro and pimped it out to my liking!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Pro is the way to go!

Says pro owners, I say LE but there is no arguing the bang for the buck with this pro, definitely Stern's best pro yet.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Says pro owners

I have played both as I was going to buy the LE just didn't see the value and felt the pro played a lot better

#9 5 years ago

Pro vs LE threads. Does it get any better than this.
Screw you guys I think the Premium is the best.

Congrats on the pickup. You'll be happy. Metallica is a great game whether it pro, prem or LE IMHO.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I have played both as I was going to buy the LE just didn't see the value and felt the pro played a lot better

I can't even argue, I love the bling and extra toys but LE prices are ridiculous now. I didn't buy STLE for that exact reason and I really want to own one.

#12 5 years ago

Love your Avatar.........."Led Zepplinnnnnn!"

#13 5 years ago

this machine...it's like a players wet dream.

Well I know you are not shy. And seem to be very happy. Good deal. Peace

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Pro vs LE threads. Does it get any better than this.
Screw you guys I think the Premium is the best.
Congrats on the pickup. You'll be happy. Metallica is a great game whether it pro, prem or LE IMHO.

I am considering a trade for a premium on my xmen pro + cash.

#15 5 years ago

should be delivered next week!! i agree, this machine is fun to play whether it's pro/premium/le. great layout and rules!

#16 5 years ago

Mine (Premium) is waiting to be picked up.
Just have to go get it but that's not in the cards just yet.
Can't wait!

#17 5 years ago

No way the pro is better than pre or LE. the colour changes that happen during gameplay are amazing and though the extra's might not be the greatest how could you argue the pro is better than the LE or Pre. I know how, you own a pro.

#18 5 years ago

Amazing game -
Up there with TRON, IRON MAN, and AC/DC Pro as one of the funnest, fastest, and most punishing sterns ever.

Congrats - it will keep you busy for a very long time.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

how could you argue the pro is better than the LE

Flow....price....chance to led it to your liking.....no hammer/magnet issues....less stuff to break later down the road. It's the same game, just mechanically simplified.

#20 5 years ago

PRO better as LE/Premium is a big statement, even for me as a Pro owner. However, I do fully stand behind a statement that the PRO is a great product and better bang for your buck (no way that the leds and hammer justify so much more money, see this also as a compliment to Stern for making such a good Pro).

And yes, the hammer is more a turn-off as turn-on for me. To big and to many problems allthough it is one of the coolest ball locks around

#21 5 years ago

I own an LE but I can see why plenty of guys choose the Pro over the Pre or LE. There was a huge difference between ACDC Pro and Pre/LE but not so much on Metallica. You are only losing the spinners and hammer which is acceptable IMHO.

One thing is certain though, Metallica is a great game and anyone that owns one irrespective of model deserves a thumbs up.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No way the pro is better than pre or LE. the colour changes that happen during gameplay are amazing and though the extra's might not be the greatest how could you argue the pro is better than the LE or Pre. I know how, you own a pro.

lol ok bud, welcome from rgp or whatever hater hole you came from. don't get agro because your life sucks, the game play is equally the same from pro, premium, and le (i've played them all). i prefer the pro BECAUSE I CAN SEE THE SHOTS without that bulky hammer hanging halfway over the PF. is that a good enough answer for you?
that (and all the flakey hammer related issues) is the #1 reason i got the pro...not money.

i'm a player, i play machine for fun. it is pinball, if you are a member of the pinball police that determines which machines are the best based on lights and money, i do apologize sincerely...BOS

#23 5 years ago

I ordered a NIB pro...I can't wait.

Does this mean you finally sold your JM and will leave our South Dakota CL alone?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Does this mean you finally sold your JM and will leave our South Dakota CL alone?

The JM was mine actually, and is sold. And what are you talking about? South Dakota CL needs a little excitement every now and then!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

The JM was mine actually, and is sold. And what are you talking about? South Dakota CL needs a little excitement every now and then!

Whoops. I can't tell the 2 Wyoming pinsiders apart I guess. What are you guys called anyways. Wyoman? Wyomians? Wyomingans?

#26 5 years ago

Wyoman? Wyomians? Wyomingans?

NorthofColoradoans

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

definitely Stern's best pro yet.

Ha! Good try vvvvvvv, I do like Met pro, its an excellent game as well as the LE/Premiums. New code is stellar!

tumblr_lm2ynxiiLI1qaikizo1_500.gif

#29 5 years ago

sure, only 2g for my rare invisible JM!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

You are only losing the spinners and hammer which is acceptable IMHO.

-and physical ball lock
-and color changing inserts that cue you to shot purpose
-and the most bad-ass color changing/fading GI FX of any Stern w/ color-zone GI
-and snake jaw target/lock
-and rising gave marker
-and Fuel bar metal target

BECAUSE I CAN SEE THE SHOTS without that bulky hammer hanging halfway over the PF.

False. I own an LE and can confirm that the hammer does not cover half of the playfield & I can see every shot.

Quoted from Pinballer22:

For sure, I was one that got screwed with the whole LE thing but super happy in the long run that I got a pro and pimped it out to my liking!

So... there's a Premium. Premium = LE. Same game/features. If you couldn't get an LE, why did you opt for the version with less features when the Premium would have given you the same experience?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False. I own an LE and can confirm that the hammer does not cover half of the playfield & I can see every shot.

I dislike the hammers coverage of the 'block' stand up target as well as snake.

imo

congrats on your LE! cool game ok?

#32 5 years ago

I dislike the hammers coverage of the 'block' stand up target as well as snake.
imo
congrats on your LE! cool game ok?

Not getting into a version vs. version thing - just interested in facts...too many misconceptions spread about things like this. Hammer doesn't even remotely block the snake from the player perspective at any height. That is a fact..."IMO" is irrelevant.

Enjoy your game!

#33 5 years ago

The hammer is one of the best features for the MET Prem, you could argue because of where it is placed it is a little harder to hit sparky and the left ramp from the right flipper but the snake no way. And once you have the machine you'll get used to the different shot making anyway, both great games, but I would not shy away from the Met Prem due to this, I would only shy away because you cannot afford to pay that much or feel it is the best bang for the buck, the extra features are cool and if you got the extra cash I would go for it...

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

The hammer is one of the best features for the MET Prem, you could argue because of where it is placed it is a little harder to hit sparky and the left ramp from the right flipper but the snake no way. And once you have the machine you'll get used to the different shot making anyway, both great games, but I would not shy away from the Met Prem due to this, I would only shy away because you cannot afford to pay that much or feel it is the best bang for the buck, the extra features are cool and if you got the extra cash I would go for it...

go broncos!

I like pinball, it is fun. metallica is a cool game..ok?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

I would only shy away because you cannot afford to pay that much or feel it is the best bang for the buck, the extra features are cool and if you got the extra cash I would go for it...

Play both first!

Quoted from Rarehero:

Hammer doesn't even remotely block the snake from the player

Its a big honking thing in the middle of the game. You like it, thats cool. Some of us hate it. Before knowing about the snake jaws and square ball hit thingy, the hammer instantly made me go Pro. Add the other items and having played an LE it just proved me right for what I like.

#36 5 years ago

Premium/LE is better in every aspect except the hammer area. The flat plate or box in place of the newton ball is a serious downgrade. The hammer capture is flaky at best...but when it works is very cool. I'd pay up to $500 more for a premium, but any more I'd have to really think about it. Pretty great game either way. Better than ACDC and Tron IMO.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Flow....price....chance to led it to your liking.....no hammer/magnet issues....less stuff to break later down the road. It's the same game, just mechanically simplified.

great points

#38 5 years ago

Double post.

#39 5 years ago

It'd be nice to have proper working/scoring spinners (not tapped off the pick targets) on the pro. Other than that, I'm fine without the rest of the add ons in the premium.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd pay up to $500 more for a premium, but any more I'd have to really think about it. Pretty great game either way.

I would too, but it is actually 900 more or so depending on your distributor

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not getting into a version vs. version thing - just interested in facts...too many misconceptions spread about things like this. Hammer doesn't even remotely block the snake from the player perspective at any height. That is a fact..."IMO" is irrelevant.
Enjoy your game!

They are both great games, but I have to agree the hammer is too too big and after you play the pro (I own a refinery edition pro, which I love!) And then go play a premium or LE the hammer Does feel like its bulky and blocking the PF. Just my opinion, I'm not in any way saying its better just different.

I will end with saying whatever Met you have: THEY ALL ROCK AND ARE BADA$$! Congrats on your new pin, enjoy it!!

#42 5 years ago

Anyone have any clue when next code update is?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

1. Flow - No difference at all.

2. Price - Premium is more expensive.

3. Chance to LED it to your liking - umm, sure, but that costs more money (which is a counter to your point #2), and you cannot replicate the color changing GI or the dimming, both of which are outstanding on the premium.

4. No hammer / magnet issues - once you replace the board (which Stern does for free) there are virtually no phantom hammer hits. Sure there are times when you don't get the ball sensing on the lock, but you can tweak the settings how you like to reduce the number of hits needed to light the locks, and the effect of the hammer knocking the ball down is outstanding on the new code. As Rarehero says, the "hammer blocks my view" contention lacks merit. No one complains about the ACDC premium crossover ramp, but it blocks your view (to a similar extent) of most shots in the game.

5. Less stuff to break down the road - yeah, I guess. Not sure how that's a positive. That's like saying, this stock version of my Honda Civic is better than the SI version because the SI has air conditioning and a sunroof and they may break down the road.

The pro Metallica is a great game. Very full featured. Full points there. And one could argue that the extras on the premium are not "worth" it (I personally disagree). But to hold that the pro is, in and of itself, better than the premium is dubious.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Its a big honking thing in the middle of the game. You like it, thats cool. Some of us hate it.

Quoted from vtec16:

Does feel like its bulky and blocking the PF.

LOL...I don't care if you don't like it... but it doesn't "BLOCK the playfield". It hovers over the captive ball area and only the captive ball area. You can see everything you need to hit. It's like saying the lamp on TOTAN blocks the playfield or the castle on MM blocks the playfield. It's a ridiculous accusation.

#45 5 years ago

Well I did get did rid of TOTAN : )
The hammer and ramp in Xmen seem obtrusive to many of us but the good news is to each their own. This is one game that any version owned is just a dang good thing.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Well I did get did rid of TOTAN : )
The hammer and ramp in Xmen seem obtrusive to many of us but the good news is to each their own. This is one game that any version owned is just a dang good thing.

If something is just "there" and doesn't literally block any view of shots (X-Men ramp included) ...that's like saying inserts block the playfield lol ....*shrug*

#47 5 years ago

Now that everybody has said their piece, can we all just say congrats on the game?

#48 5 years ago

+1 ! already

#49 5 years ago

When is new code coming? Anyone in the know please

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

When is new code coming? Anyone in the know please

What?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside