IMG_7422-1.jpg
20151018_173349.jpg
20151022_124006.jpg
20151022_122100.jpg
IMG_20151020_012645052.jpg
20151018_173349.jpg
WIN_20151017_17_59_11_Pro.jpg
IMG_20140711_212125.jpg
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I was told by a couple of distributors that they had their premium numbers cut. When I asked why they guessed it might have been a parts supply issue and that Stern just cut the run short figuring they wouldn't be able to get them in time to build the machines before the license ran out. Who knows if that's true but that's what I was told.

I was told the same thing, they were delayed due to problems (I assume the head decal issue). The run is over, licence is expired, didn't get as many produced as expected & it's done. Time to start the VE thread I guess...So glad I put my order in day 1.

Quoted from Roo:

Weird, because I've been waiting for my monsters premium for over a month. So they didn't sell as many as they anticipated, but are still way behind on producing them?

What does your distributor say? I would be on the phone. Everyone I know is sold out..

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What does your distributor say? I would be on the phone. Everyone I know is sold out..

Well they are probably sold out of their allocation, but that doesn't mean Stern built and shipped them all yet. Last update from a few days ago was that my distributor had just asked about them about Metallica without an answer, but also that Stern was behind.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinheadpin:

My understanding is that they will be manufacturing Metallica even beyond this year. I was not told what the delay was and i didn't inquire because I felt I wasn't going to get an accurate answer.
This seems to be an incredibly well thought of and selling game. It only makes sense that they would make as many as the market will soak up !

Except once the License expires it's game over for MET

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinheadpin:

My understanding is that they will be manufacturing Metallica even beyond this year. I was not told what the delay was and i didn't inquire because I felt I wasn't going to get an accurate answer.
This seems to be an incredibly well thought of and selling game. It only makes sense that they would make as many as the market will soak up !

Well if they made more Pros, I'm in. I couldn't talk myself into the Premium because of the hammer and the price. But the Pro is ideal. I came to the party late because I didn't learn the rules until recently. And unfortunately all the distributors I checked with were either out, or had jacked up the price to the "sucker born every minute" level.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I started converting 4 Metallica Premiums into Pinball Refinery editions. ..

I might have a few more Pinball Refinery edition of Metallica Premiums available.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well if they made more Pros, I'm in. I couldn't talk myself into the Premium because of the hammer and the price. But the Pro is ideal. I came to the party late because I didn't learn the rules until recently. And unfortunately all the distributors I checked with were either out, or had jacked up the price to the "sucker born every minute" level.

I bought a premium because I wanted the bells and whistles and for all the reasons others prefer it but I respect everyone's opinion about the machine best for them. I got lucky to get one in this moment in time because someone ahead of me was willing to wait when Stern misinformed my distributor that I was being shipped , when in fact they were wrong on their inventory !!

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I couldn't talk myself into the Premium because of the hammer

Why is that? Hammer is awesome!

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's called supply and demand.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I couldn't talk myself into the Premium because of the hammer .

I bought the Prem Because of the Hammer best Multiball Lock ever !

#210 8 years ago

^me too!

#211 8 years ago

IMG_20151021_220449852.jpgIMG_20151021_220449852.jpgIMG_20151021_220447042.jpgIMG_20151021_220447042.jpg

#212 8 years ago

The hammer lock is one of the best, and we have come to except that it can be a little flaky but works most of the time so ya it is very cool and I would miss it if it were not there

#213 8 years ago

I'm finding the hammer really isn't bothering me too much...Could be smaller. If Modfather does one for around $100 I would try it out though. But I love the ball lock into the playfield..

#214 8 years ago

Looks like another run of Pro's and Premium are going to be run in December, Last chance for a NIB

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Looks like another run of Pro's and Premium are going to be run in December, Last chance for a NIB

That's not likely. I have heard METs are done-ski.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

That's not likely. I have heard METs are done-ski.

From Stern

The following is an update of games we have available. We have very few of some titles, so the list subject to change and becoming sold out:

Metallica Pro & Premium in DECEMBER

Mustang Pro-in stock

The Walking Dead Pro & Premium DECEMBER or JANUARY

WWE Pro-in stock

Kiss Pro-in stock

Kiss Premium in DECEMBER

Whoa Nellie-in stock

Game of Thrones Pro-in stock

Game of Thrones Premium in late NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

We will not start manufacturing a new model until 2016.

#217 8 years ago

Wher

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:From Stern
The following is an update of games we have available. We have very few of some titles, so the list subject to change and becoming sold out:
Mustang Pro-in stock
WWE Pro-in stock
Kiss Pro-in stock
Kiss Premium in DECEMBER
Whoa Nellie-in stock

Where did you find this?

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I bought the Prem Because of the Hammer best Multiball Lock ever !

Nah, a gimmick that works 80-90% of the time, at best. Adds nothing for me.

#219 8 years ago

Yep.. No SMVE this year
Probably preorder though

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Mine hasn't had a problem.....

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

No problem here,works 100% and Love it soooo much

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

My hammer was being wonky but finally got a good magnet control board and I've had one magnet lock miss in 40 games or so

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

From Stern
Mustang Pro-in stock
WWE Pro-in stock
Kiss Pro-in stock
Kiss Premium in DECEMBER
Whoa Nellie-in stock

That's messed up. I was looking for a MET Pro a couple weeks ago and the only ones I found were jacked up in price like it was done. None of the distributors could say "buy with me and it will be in December"?

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's messed up. I was looking for a MET Pro a couple weeks ago and the only ones I found were jacked up in price like it was done. None of the distributors could say "buy with me and it will be in December"?

IF it's true they didn't know. I was told they were done w/license expired

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

IF it's true they didn't know. I was told they were done w/license expired

The license has always had an expiration date of 12/31/15. That has never changed.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That was hot of the press when posted,

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

The license has always had an expiration date of 12/31/15. That has never changed.

just going by what I was told from a distributor.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yep, this is what I have been told several times so running more before that date has always been an option for Stern. This is a testament to how kick ass Met is... Demand for the game right to the end of the Lic!

#229 8 years ago

Our brand new Metallica Road case arrived yesterday in Australia!

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our brand new Metallica Road case arrived yesterday in Australia!

Nice one mate, enjoy.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Nice one mate, enjoy.

We are! Thanks!

1 week later
#232 8 years ago

Just arrived in the UK yesterday.

IMG_20151119_190057.jpgIMG_20151119_190057.jpg
IMG_20151119_214552.jpgIMG_20151119_214552.jpg
IMG_20151119_214541.jpgIMG_20151119_214541.jpg

#233 8 years ago

great!

min is still in the container to austria

ship should arrive next week

#234 8 years ago

Every time i see a Met NIB i am stunned by the looks. And all those unique and fun shots. The flow, sparky... Love it.

Hope to have it one day.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm wondering if this is actually just 'the telephone game'. A distributor saying when they will have THEIR games... not that stern is running more. If you are in Oz... your stock comes a bit later.. so they might be getting their late summer games.. etc

#236 8 years ago

Interested in picking up a NIB Roadcase if any are being made/allocated in December, feel free to PM. Thanks...

#237 8 years ago

I still haven't seen anything official that December machines are happening. But I'm not really looking that close because I've got mine

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Interested in picking up a NIB Roadcase if any are being made/allocated in December, feel free to PM. Thanks...

They are not... I talked to multiple distros

#239 8 years ago

We FINALLY ordered our new Metallica Premium even though there will be more Premiums (Monsters) made in Jan 2016 I'm glad we finally were able to purchase one and while not at quite the price they were selling for in 2013 it was under $7k shipped which is a decent deal for 12/2015 considering the distributor we wanted to buy from couldn't go below $7,600 and he's still able to sell them - we got a decent deal less than $7k out the door total to our garage.

Sadly we couldn't get a Road Case (then replace the translite) but at least we didn't miss out totally & didn't get stuck having to pay more than $6,900. The dealer we just bought from has them now still on their site at $7k (plus you can find a coupon for another $100 off) and it states they will be avail by EOM Jan 2016 (matching what others have posted here in that there's definitely more premiums to be made).

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They are not... I talked to multiple distros

and ironically.. after I posted that... I'm told Trent is getting more stock next month. So if you want a pro NIB.. trent @Tilt at least is an option for you.

#241 8 years ago

I thought there were only 4 models? The pro, the monsters premium, the road case premium, and the MoP LE. What is the Dirty Donnie premium? Isn't that the same as the monsters premium? Confused.

#242 8 years ago

Met Pro and Prem are on the Jan build list for Stern

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought there were only 4 models? The pro, the monsters premium, the road case premium, and the MoP LE. What is the Dirty Donnie premium? Isn't that the same as the monsters premium? Confused.

I believe the DD premium is a Monsters with some of the parts on the playfield painted and signed DD, and the translight signed by DD.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

I believe the DD premium is a Monsters with some of the parts on the playfield painted and signed DD, and the translight signed by DD.

Correct.
Paying for signatures you cannot see, except the translite, and hand painted toys.
Too much in my opinion for a $1000 "bust the nut" almost the same as the Master of Puppets LE edition when released.

#245 8 years ago

For interested parties, Stern is RIGHT NOW currently producing a limited number of Metallica "Monster" Premium machines for a small production run.
The run actually started in November (not December or January) based on pre-orders by select Platinum Stern distributors.
Distributors requested this to Stern in order to cash into the Christmas season.
Still rolling along, although I have no idea how many.

I did a pre-order back in late October, which became one of the first ones off the assembly line (3rd production run).
It arrived much earlier than originally anticipated, early November.

#246 8 years ago

Are pros being made?

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are pros being made?

Not at this time, and they are still readily available from various distributors, including your area.

#248 8 years ago

Which distributors are considered platinum?

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Which distributors are considered platinum?

I would have to do a full cross referenced list, but I assume you are only talking about the USA. There just off the top of my head are Game Room Guys, The Pinball Company, and Automated Services. Keep in mind there are other companies that only sell to other distributors, not private collectors, and you have to savvy during times such as the Christmas season. Automated Services for example is jacking their prices. Things have changed a lot in the last 10 years.

Status as a platinum distributor is based on volume sales from ANY source. Private collectors can get the short end of the stick. If you want a NIB game, check the baseline price, then fan out in your region.

#250 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallicas-being-made-why-so-quiet/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.