Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sadler28
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20151119_214552.jpg
IMG_20151119_214541.jpg
IMG_20151119_190057.jpg
IMG_20151021_220447042.jpg
IMG_20151021_220449852.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_4227.jpg
IMG_7423.jpg
IMG_7422-1.jpg
20151018_173349.jpg
20151022_124006.jpg
20151022_122100.jpg
IMG_20151020_012645052.jpg
20151018_173349.jpg
WIN_20151017_17_59_11_Pro.jpg
IMG_20140711_212125.jpg

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago

I started converting 4 Metallica Premiums into Pinball Refinery editions. ..

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20151022_122100.jpg

20151022_124006.jpg

#152 4 years ago

Steve,
Will your Refinery Editions get different Apron stickers to replace the seizure warning ones that are shipping with this latest MET run?

If so will you offer any for sale?

#153 4 years ago

Hey MET owners... is there an option for 'kid friendly' call outs for when my little ones are around in the software?

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Hey MET owners... is there an option for 'kid friendly' call outs for when my little ones are around in the software?

You can set it to disable bad language, but it just beeps over the obvious cursing and the song lyrics still have the cursing. I am guessing that certain parents would be offended.

#156 4 years ago

Thanks Rickwh!
I didnt even think to look there. Just ordered a set.

#157 4 years ago

So from the pics, it would appear the new run is the monsters with the pro cabinet art, as before. Were the rumors of the road case being in the new run just false rumors, or are they really available either way?

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So from the pics, it would appear the new run is the monsters with the pro cabinet art, as before. Were the rumors of the road case being in the new run just false rumors, or are they really available either way?

I was originally told they were only going to be 10 Road cases made in this last batch. I don't know if they decided to make more or not

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I started converting 4 Metallica Premiums into Pinball Refinery editions. ..
Steve
Pinball Refinery

20151022_122100.jpg 20151022_124006.jpg

So that's why I couldn't buy one. I don't understand why Stern isn't making more of a game that sells out instantly.

#160 4 years ago

Damn only 10? Glad I got one.

20151018_173349.jpg

#161 4 years ago

Picking mine up tomorrow, I think more than 10 were made.

#162 4 years ago

Sounds like the well is drying up at the distributors and prices are going up on NIB inventory, time to make some more.

#163 4 years ago

I also heard that they were only making about 10-12 more Road Cases?

#164 4 years ago

That road case cabinet art work is really nice. Do the sides of the back box have the LSB&P motif too? Seems like a perfect place for the "scary guy" dude flipping the bird. Or a met throwing star M.

Others have said it too, but i Wish the speaker panel was road case themed as well.

Still a bad assed met pin. Hope you all enjoy it.

#165 4 years ago

MET Lic expires in December from what I have heard... Grab one now or forever hold your MET VE speculation thread

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Others have said it too, but i Wish the speaker panel was road case themed as well.

If I was to fix that how many would I need to make?

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well one for me for sure. Black would be better then the skittles version speaker panel.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Count me in for one as well.. And im in for your next hammer run too if you decide to do another run

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So that's why I couldn't buy one. I don't understand why Stern isn't making more of a game that sells out instantly.

These Refinery Editions are already sold to customers.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Count me in for one as well.. And im in for your next hammer run too if you decide to do another run

Hammer stuff is on my list to look into.

I'm working on the decal today. Needed a little mental break from Alien, and it's a quick self-contained project. I'm going to attempt to make both styles, wood and metal panel. See how that goes.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hammer stuff is on my list to look into.
I'm working on the decal today. Needed a little mental break from Alien, and it's a quick self-contained project. I'm going to attempt to make both styles, wood and metal panel. See how that goes.

Excellent! Sounds like a good plan to me.

#172 4 years ago

I was told yesterday that the run of premiums is over. They didn't make all that they thought they were going to. And now the license is over Congratulations to those who grabbed them while they could!

#173 4 years ago

Wait, license is over? So no more Pros too?

#174 4 years ago

I heard the license ends this December. Had to call 2 distros before finding my premium. Glad I got one while I could.

Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't ask either about Pro availability

#175 4 years ago

Both are done according to my distributor

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pro has been done and out for a while. No more Pros.

#178 4 years ago

Time to start a VE thread

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Time to start a VE thread

lmao.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was told license is done.. I assume that means all models..

#181 4 years ago

Glad we got our LED Pro when we did.
I had called Pinball Refinery and they had none in stock at the time and The Game Exchange had 2 ready to ship.
One of the best decisions we have made.
Love, love, love, Metallica. Gorgeous pin with one of the best rule sets in pinball.
Still learning new things like after you collect your Crank it Up Jackpot the red arrows light up for another jackpot. Had no idea.

But one thing we have not figured out yet. What is the graphic for during Sparky Multiball with the little heads moving on the radio dial, or is it a measuring tape? lol We noticed you can fill it up from left to right but have no idea what it is for.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

But one thing we have not figured out yet. What is the graphic for during Sparky Multiball with the little heads moving on the radio dial, or is it a measuring tape? lol We noticed you can fill it up from left to right but have no idea what it is for.

I believe those measure your super jackpots, and you get a bonus if you can get all 7. Or something like that, because I've never done it.

#183 4 years ago

After a few long months my Met Road Case has finally arrived!

I'm glad I was able to get in on this run. I was told that Stern is only making a small run of 250 Road Cases this time around. Now time to unbox and add the pile of Mods that have been waiting to be installed. Unfortunately I still have not received my Stern Shaker motors I ordered from Stern during their Fall Sale. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

I also ordered a set of Metallica Premium/Pro stickers so that I can replace the Epilepsy warning stickers that come installed on the new Pins. I have three choices to choose from. Not sure which one to go with yet.

IMG_7422-1.jpg
IMG_7423.jpg

#184 4 years ago

Those must correspond to pro prem and le? Pro is the bottom one.

#185 4 years ago

Ok. i'll put the Pro sticker to the side. Thanks. Now that makes my choice a bit easier.

#186 4 years ago

I put it in the main Metallica thread already, but since we talked about it here I started the roadcase speaker panel decal I promised. I've jamming on an Alien deadline right now, but then I'll finish it up.

Work in progress

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I put it in the main Metallica thread already, but since we talked about it here I started the roadcase speaker panel decal I promised. I've jamming on an Alien deadline right now, but then I'll finish it up.
Work in progress

Huge improvement, nice touch with the SFO sticker.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Work in progress

Aurich,
Thats great news because I just removed the DD Road Case speaker decal and discovered that the decal covers 3 holes above the DMD and lots of spot weld dimples. Doesnt look too horrible but the holes definately need to be covered.image.jpeg

#189 4 years ago

Wonder if all speaker panels have those holes. Maybe they are for mounting LE signage?

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

After a few long months my Met Road Case has finally arrived!
I'm glad I was able to get in on this run. I was told that Stern is only making a small run of 250 Road Cases this time around. Now time to unbox and add the pile of Mods that have been waiting to be installed. Unfortunately I still have not received my Stern Shaker motors I ordered from Stern during their Fall Sale. Hopefully they will arrive soon.
I also ordered a set of Metallica Premium/Pro stickers so that I can replace the Epilepsy warning stickers that come installed on the new Pins. I have three choices to choose from. Not sure which one to go with yet.
IMG_7422-1.jpg
IMG_7423.jpg

Where did you find those stickers?

#192 4 years ago

Hate to buy a whole set for one sticker

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hate to buy a whole set for one sticker

If you send me one it will be more worthwhile?

#194 4 years ago

Group buy

#195 4 years ago

could you provide a hi.res scan of the premium decal?

#196 4 years ago

I just got my premium yesterday. looks great! besides the game shipping with two pair of different legs, Ive only got 1 led out. Anyone know how to remove the led thats in the face of the apron and lighting up the right sling?

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I just got my premium yesterday. looks great! besides the game shipping with two pair of different legs, Ive only got 1 led out. Anyone know how to remove the led thats in the face of the apron and lighting up the right sling?

On my pro under the score cards are two screws that allow you to lift off the apron. Figure you can get at the socket and led from there.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was told yesterday that the run of premiums is over. They didn't make all that they thought they were going to.

Weird, because I've been waiting for my monsters premium for over a month. So they didn't sell as many as they anticipated, but are still way behind on producing them?

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Weird, because I've been waiting for my monsters premium for over a month. So they didn't sell as many as they anticipated, but are still way behind on producing them?

I was told by a couple of distributors that they had their premium numbers cut. When I asked why they guessed it might have been a parts supply issue and that Stern just cut the run short figuring they wouldn't be able to get them in time to build the machines before the license ran out. Who knows if that's true but that's what I was told.

#200 4 years ago

My understanding is that they will be manufacturing Metallica even beyond this year. I was not told what the delay was and i didn't inquire because I felt I wasn't going to get an accurate answer.
This seems to be an incredibly well thought of and selling game. It only makes sense that they would make as many as the market will soak up !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside