Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I bought a Metallica with a pinball pro speaker upgrade already installed.

If I have to crank the sound level to about 50 to just be at a good volume. At its loudest possible setting it's not terribly loud.

I find this odd because my Ghostbusters with stock speakers is loud at about a 4.

I watched the pinball pro installation tutorial video and the setup looks ok.

Anyone experienced this or have tips for a fix?

#2 2 years ago

Different board systems between the 2 games .... but when i had a met with pp upgrade i had turn it to 55 to get same sound at 45 with stock speakers.

#3 2 years ago

If you lift out the speaker panel/grill. There should be an amplifier dial. Have you tried adjusting this or increasing it? With pinball Pro it's just a little box with a black dial.

#4 2 years ago

I replaced also the stock speakers with Visaton and have same experience. Need to crank it up to like 55 to get a kind of loud experience. Already have a small amplifier lying around for like a year but never got to it somehow

#5 2 years ago

The stock speakers are extremely efficient which means they don't require much power to become loud. When you put better speakers in, you generally trade efficiency for quality. On top of that, you want to use an lpad styled volume control to turn the back box speakers down so that when you turn the volume up you end up with more bass. Going from 55 to 60 in this situation is OK.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Maybe it's working as supposed to then. Haven't owned too many Sterns so I didn't realize that with the different board systems the volume spectrum would be so different (compared with GB). Still sounds great when cranked up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 229.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 16.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warren, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside