(Topic ID: 178699)

Metallica why not Ramp to Piston all day?

By Bond_Gadget_007

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Cryss Stephens got 500 million points this way on his Pro at home. Its even easier than Tron EOL Jackpot because it's only 2 shots instead of needing 3.

My question is why tournament players still waste time bashing Sparky for crumbs? All you need is one good ball for piston = 3mill+ per shot and you'd crush other panzy players

Am I missing something?

#2 7 years ago

Hard to dial that in quickly on an unfamiliar game. Sparky and some shots, or two sparky and you are going to be at crank it up.

#3 7 years ago

Crank it Up is still risky single ball play. Piston combos can be hit even during MB. The pay off is there. Unfamiliar or not, its one friggin ramp shot.

#4 7 years ago

Video / Link / more details on this?

#5 7 years ago

It starts earlier, but at 2:49:20 you get his reaction to putting up 300 mill just by doing 2 shots over and over.

#6 7 years ago

Interesting. Tournament Metallica ruined forever.

Still pretty risky, especially if ball drains left when exiting piston shot though.

#7 7 years ago

Rule has been this way for awhile now. But seems like nobody got the memo? Haha. Don't worry you'll still see little kiddies going for Sparks all day with...wait for it...200k jackpot shots!

#8 7 years ago

No...we got it.

At least Snailman and I did. He tried to do this to me at a public location 2 years ago. The problem? This trick is garbage on a game that has the outlines wide open and ANY LEAN to the left? Get ready for that mother to bounce on the outline metal and right out on the return. It happens a LOT. Ball spin just adds to the unpredictability. It's not worth the drain.

It's a neat trick to pull if you're a top 10 player or you need 15 million points and you're desparate...will it ruin tournament Metallica that this gets out? LMAO not a chance in hell. I'll eat my hat if it has any substantial impact at all in a major tournament.

#9 7 years ago

exactly
i have been doing this for a while to, even during crank it up. i choose fade to black and shoot rt ramp, left piston target over and over back and fourth
when outlanes are wide open, you will lose the ball out the left sometimes, it will moonwalk or hit rail between inlanes and bounce to the left.

thats why it doesnt always work.

Quoted from Frax:

No...we got it.
At least Snailman and I did. He tried to do this to me at a public location 2 years ago. The problem? This trick is garbage on a game that has the outlines wide open and ANY LEAN to the left? Get ready for that mother to bounce on the outline metal and right out on the return. It happens a LOT. Ball spin just adds to the unpredictability. It's not worth the drain.
It's a neat trick to pull if you're a top 10 player or you need 15 million points and you're desparate...will it ruin tournament Metallica that this gets out? LMAO not a chance in hell. I'll eat my hat if it has any substantial impact at all in a major tournament.

#10 7 years ago

well, this is not "new", as surelly lots of others, i was doing this since i play MET

now, not only the right ramp is not so easy, the piston shoot can also became hard when pinball has a great slope (as in tournament)
than IF you still really master these 2 shoots, yes go for it, else not sure its the good tactics...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No...we got it.
At least Snailman and I did. He tried to do this to me at a public location 2 years ago. The problem? This trick is garbage on a game that has the outlines wide open and ANY LEAN to the left? Get ready for that mother to bounce on the outline metal and right out on the return. It happens a LOT.

Yep. And I still do it. I would qualify the above that it doesn't happen "a LOT" on most MET's. It's infrequent enough that it's still a valid strategy. But if you're not dialed in the piston shot, misses to it often have deadly consequences.

The best is stacking it with other stuff. My favorite one ever was stacking it with Lady Justice (this happens all the time, cuz you're hitting ramps), For Whom the Bell Tolls CIU, plus 2x scoring. Profit.

#12 7 years ago

I find my scores to be really inconsistent on Metallica...mostly because sometimes I get unlucky bounces off Sparky and it's game over before I can start that multiball. (And then the consistency of, if I start Sparky, do I come out of it with CIU lit, or close).

Wondering if this would lead to more consistent scoring. Really sick of putting up 6m in a game that matters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-why-not-ramp-to-piston-all-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.