(Topic ID: 237072)

Metallica Which to buy Premium or Pro?

By MrPaint

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AJFA.jpg
    lyin.gif
    872T59Bh (resized).jpg
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sincerely, the hammer doesn’t impressed me.

Hammer ruins it for Premium/LE, Pro is the way to go. If I did not already own one I would get a Pinball Refinery Pro model-Steve does a great job making Pro's pop like an LE.

#102 3 years ago

I think the hammer is an awesome toy, not sure why so many people dont like it. It doesn't block the view at all. All the models are awesome but give me the premium or LE with all the toys any day..

#103 3 years ago

Premium

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the hammer is an awesome toy, not sure why so many people dont like it. It doesn't block the view at all. All the models are awesome but give me the premium or LE with all the toys any day..

Well, the hammer does not block the player view but in a way it does, when you hit the chair right hand. I like to hit visually too, if it can make sense

And also, i’m not impressed by this toy, and the behavior hammer-magnet to lock the ball. Not a fan of magnet to stop the ball, many missed (in all the games i had that use it). And finally, i don’t know the band, any song, and his history. So this hammer doesn’t appear important to me, not as much as for a fan of the band i guess.

#105 3 years ago

And finally, i don’t know the band, any song, and his history. So this hammer doesn’t appear important to me, not as much as for a fan of the band i guess.

It helps to have been obsessed with And Justice For All when you were 14 and pore over the cassette inlay card a thousand times.
    AJFA.jpgAJFA.jpg
    HAMMER OF JUSTICE CRUSHES YOU, OVERPOWER!

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It helps to have been obsessed with And Justice For All when you were 14 and pore over the cassette inlay card a thousand times.

Son of gun - so that's where that silly hammer comes from. I'm going to check my liner notes from my Justice CD tonight. And it's my favorite Metallica record. Oh the shame !

I also find the hammer is in the way. I couldn't see immediately if I'm hitting the coffin or not - I only knew if the ball bounces back or continues on to hit Sparky. I always found that to be a bit irritating. Should I ever get a Prem, I thought I would fashion a hammer like the one on Kill Em All in clear Plexiglass.

#107 3 years ago

I love my pro but I am disappointed about removal is spinner as it’s such a low cost feature. I’m convinced Stern removed not to save a few dollars but more to make the premium version more appealing.

To me anything little should be kept the same across the versions and cosmetic or major toys and lights would be better to distance the premium and LE versions.

#108 3 years ago

Each to their own. The hammer is kick ass! Premium all the way.

For all the money/effort people go through to mod the pro’s most end up with as much or more than than the cost of a premium. It’s cool people have done that so good for them if that’s what they prefer. Lack of spinner in the pro kills it for me. Yeah you can add a spinner but it’s not coded on the pro so it’s not correct.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I love my pro but I am disappointed about removal is spinner as it’s such a low cost feature. I’m convinced Stern removed not to save a few dollars but more to make the premium version more appealing.
    To me anything little should be kept the same across the versions and cosmetic or major toys and lights would be better to distance the premium and LE versions.

Well, the pro cost would be close the premium and i don’t think Stern wants to separate from pro machine customers
    3 distinct models are to widen customer range.

#110 3 years ago

Well, the pro cost would be close the premium and i don’t think Stern wants to separate from pro machine customers
    3 distinct models are to widen customer range.

No I just mean have spinner on pro cost like $3. Iron Maiden pro has spinners.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just like tmnt pro. It is literally the same mechanism and yet it only spins one way? Bastatrds.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

It is literally the same mechanism and yet it only spins one way?

It's probably not literally the same mechanism.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

If you can’t do without this spinner on the pro then it seems like what you call a major toy. So go with prem!

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Except Maiden has no toys which is my only complaint on that game, only a lot of shots. It’s fun and fast but missing more cool features in the game, wish it had toys like Metallica but wish Metallica played like Maiden if that makes sense

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-which-to-buy-premium-or-pro/page/3?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.