Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by derekbro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm thinking it should hit the left flipper?

Once the ball leaves my snake, it tends to hit the left outlane or left drain. I'm thinking this isn't right.

Looking at the snake, it appears the ball is hitting the right side of the scoop and deflecting to the left outlanes. It doesn't seem to be making a clean escape from the scoop?

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?
    Thanks

Harry

#2 10 years ago

Mine is acting up a bit as well. It has a tendency to spit sdtm so I've been toying with the plunger stop trying to get the ball to come out better but it's only making it shoot more into the sling or almost the outlane at times.

#3 10 years ago

correct - supposed to hit almost in the middle of the left flipper. if heading towards the outlanes, you have a serious issue up there. mine is VERY consistant.
    D

#4 10 years ago

I put a piece of fuzzy side if sticky back Velcro on to plunger part that hits the rubber coil stop and the snake now kicks to my left flipper. So consistent if I hold up the flipper I'm guaranteed to catch the ball.

#5 10 years ago

On my Met Pro the snake spits the ball onto the left flipper probably 70% the other 30% it either goes sdtm, Left sling, Left outlane, Fuel targets & once above the fuel targets into the metal ball guide.

I've studied the snake kicking the ball out & it is hitting the standup target which causes the erratic kickouts. Wish I could adjust this somehow to prevent the ball clipping the target.

#6 10 years ago

Always kicks to the left flipper..sometimes hits the bottom of the left sling rubber (then bounces to the left flipper)

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from conserx:

I've studied the snake kicking the ball out & it is hitting the standup target which causes the erratic kickouts. Wish I could adjust this somehow to prevent the ball clipping the target.

This was my problem. I think I fixated on the scoop and didn't even look at the target to the right of the snake. Once I read your reply, the answer to my question was obvious. Moving the switch over towards the ramp fixed a majority of the strange kickouts.
    There's still some weird throwouts but not like before.

Thanks again for everyones help.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I put a piece of fuzzy side if sticky back Velcro on to plunger part that hits the rubber coil stop and the snake now kicks to my left flipper. So consistent if I hold up the flipper I'm guaranteed to catch the ball.

Ill be trying this tonight. I've tried various combinations of rubber and felt pads but nothing quite that thin. Whats interesting is that if it's too thick the snake will fire the ball out and not award the shot. I find I get better results with thicker pads, but the switch seems spotty if it's too thick.

Moving the standup target might do the trick with the odd squirrely slingshot ball. Lord knows my standups take a hell of a beating

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ill be trying this tonight. I've tried various combinations of rubber and felt pads but nothing quite that thin. Whats interesting is that if it's too thick the snake will fire the ball out and not award the shot. I find I get better results with thicker pads, but the switch seems spotty if it's too thick.
    Moving the standup target might do the trick with the odd squirrely slingshot ball. Lord knows my standups take a hell of a beating

I tried both of these "fixes" on my Met Pro - the Velcro on the plunger part that hits the rubber coil stop and moving the standup target to the right (where the ball can't possibly it) and the ball still hits the side of the left sling. I am still open to suggestions (i.e. "fixes"). At least it does not hit the left outlane. I sure wish I could get this corrected.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I tried both of these "fixes" on my Met Pro - the Velcro on the plunger part that hits the rubber coil stop and moving the standup target to the right (where the ball can't possibly it) and the ball still hits the side of the left sling. I am still open to suggestions (i.e. "fixes"). At least it does not hit the left outlane. I sure wish I could get this corrected.

Hitting the sling isn't as much an issue to (imo) as the STDM I get. At least the sling presents some recovery possibilities, and if it's 100% repeatable safe feed to the flipper it certainly loses some of the challenge imo, but a STDM is impossible to save with my tilt settings 99% of the time. Even TAF or TZ scoops throw some curveballs every now and then, but a STDM is frankly ridiculous.

#11 10 years ago

My met pro feeds the left flipper. Most of the time i can hold flipper and catch it easily. Sometimes it rolls back up the inlanes though.

#12 10 years ago

Not all snakes puke in the same direction. I'm just glad my LE doesn't go SDTM like the pro I had played.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Hitting the sling isn't as much an issue to (imo) as the STDM I get. At least the sling presents some recovery possibilities, and if it's 100% repeatable safe feed to the flipper it certainly loses some of the challenge imo, but a STDM is impossible to save with my tilt settings 99% of the time. Even TAF or TZ scoops throw some curveballs every now and then, but a STDM is frankly ridiculous.

I completely agree. The ball hitting the left sling is a lot better than down the middle or the outlane shot. So it could be much worse. Thanks, I feel better already.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank35:

This was my problem. I think I fixated on the scoop and didn't even look at the target to the right of the snake. Once I read your reply, the answer to my question was obvious. Moving the switch over towards the ramp fixed a majority of the strange kickouts.
    There's still some weird throwouts but not like before.
    Thanks again for everyones help.

Yep I pulled the target out, re-adjusted it & now it kicks out onto the left flipper 95% of the time (Still grazes the switch sometimes).

5 years later
    #15 5 years ago

Im having the same issue with the Snake throwing the ball Straight down the middle, 70 percent of the time it barely catches the tip of the left flipper, 30% of the time it pukes it SDTM. it definitely has nothing to do with the target beside it, I have the power cranked right up on the snake eject. it just seems like it comes out soft. Any suggestions?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-where-should-snake-spit-the-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.