You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23772723.jpg
images-2.jpg
images-1.jpg
images.jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Adding to the conversation here, is anyone else surprised at how many people are pumped up about this title? I've been a Metallica fan since my teenage years, but their music is pretty dark and I never thought that the fast metal style never really had the mass appeal that AC/DC did (not including the more commercial black album, but most of the music is fast).
I guess what I'm getting at is this- I don't see the older generation that's in our hobby appreciating the music on this one (with some exceptions), or am I way off base to think that?

I'm 35, punk and metal are what I grew up on...Metallica might have done some lame shit, but I grew up on a few of their older albums in junior high and early high school...my 13 year old boy loves them too

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Video of game play with lights off
» YouTube video

Awesome!!!!

Unforgiven made a much better background track which made me realize what the game needs...call of ktulu, Orion, to live is to die as the background selection songs on continuous play while all the other songs act in their current state; modes, mb, etc...

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I know this is where pinball is headed, but I wish I at least had the option of getting a premium with incandescents. Am I the only one who feels this way?

You're not the only one. I've grown accustomed to LED inserts, but LED GI still turns me off in most cases, especially colored GI. Candyland nightmare.

#55 10 years ago

That's your best game yet. You looked dialed in. Cool stacking. Great song too. Love the guitar solo. Stern should pay you.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Adding to the conversation here, is anyone else surprised at how many people are pumped up about this title? I've been a Metallica fan since my teenage years, but their music is pretty dark and I never thought that the fast metal style never really had the mass appeal that AC/DC did (not including the more commercial black album, but most of the music is fast).
I guess what I'm getting at is this- I don't see the older generation that's in our hobby appreciating the music on this one (with some exceptions), or am I way off base to think that?

Maybe a Liberace pin is what youre looking for?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LOL

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

hmmm, I guess the LEs SOLD OUT, were all bought by 20 somethings?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Quoted from grh450:

Liberace pin next.... lol....

For some reason, I have TS Alex Baldwin's face and Michael Douglas Liberace mixed up in my mind... lol

Michael wishes hed get immortalized in a pin,,,, thats for sure....

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Be sure to quote the right person!!!....lol

#61 10 years ago

Thank for the new vid, but millions are dying to know.

Can you change the beginning song at for each ball, or is it just per game?

#62 10 years ago

Sorry, smassa... ur correct ,,, i miss quoted u... lol

I only realized that ur quote wasn't pertinent till after i hit post....

But , What I was kinda alluding to , which was so funny to me was; If ur face is gonna be immortalized in the artwork of a pin machine forever, and hence grant u infamy .... Then, ur representation better look like Angus's face in AC/DC, or like the Metallica caricatures.....

IMO, I don't think Michael Douglas's face as Liberace on a pin would be right to the eye... Makes me think of TS bro.... thats all......

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from PAOK:

IMO, I don't think Michael Douglas's face as Liberace on a pin would be right to the eye... Makes me think of TS bro.... thats all.....

Who said anything about Michael Douglas??? I was asking Cobray if he would prefer a Liberace pin....If so why not use the real Liberace......

#64 10 years ago

Maybe Jersey Jack can make the Liberace pin next....

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I like Metallica so I think I'm going to like this one. Going to play it first.

We already kind of have a Liberace pin, it's called Elvis.

#66 10 years ago

great animations

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Be sure to quote the right person!!!....lol

oops...how did that happen???
sorry man

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

By the way...I HATE Star Trek. I've watched one episode...the one with the furbie like characters on the spaceship. That's it.

I knew there must be someone out in the wild like this. I just never thought I would see one.
The "Furbie like characters" line is priceless.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

"older generation" I'm 47 at the end of the month...
Never a die hard Metallica fan but I've seen them 3 times over the years going back to 1989.
Last time was a couple winters ago in Boston from the second row floor and it was INSANE.
IN freakin SANE

I'm new at pins and have decided I need one of these already, without even seeing it in person...

Have a Pinnovators headphone setup ready to go in. I'll leave external volume off and CRANK the headphones

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes I have, and I disagree with you. I think it makes AC/DC look like a giant toy.

Pinballs are giant toys!!!

#71 10 years ago

Like what I see.... Can't wait to put some plays on it! Acdc's gonna have to move over when the metal militia comes to town

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Like what I see.... Can't wait to put some plays on it! Acdc's gonna have to move over when the metal militia comes to town

The code better be stellar, otherwise you might change your mind after playing both. However, they're both a different animal, so HOPEFULLY, there's a happy medium... (read: I'm praying there is so I can justify putting down the coin for an Premo ).

#73 10 years ago

Yea, I'm trying not to get too excited about it till I get some play. I'm a metal head from way back n just frothin at the mouth on this thing. When I first heard about it I dismissed it as I figured they'd botch the track list (wrong) now that I'm seeing video and how the track list it's integrated with play I'm goin nuts. Master at drops, ride the lightning at sparky, seek n destroy for the normal bangin n clanging? Perfect! I'm hopin ONE is better used rather than just the solo tho. Also really diggin the multiball on sparky it just has that good lightshow buildup like Addams showerime.

#74 10 years ago

Love how the snake spits out the match...LOL. All in all, I don't think this game has much staying power. I think it may end up in the high 6 to low 7 range when it's all said and done. Just too much been there done that type stuff.

I think it's giving a lot of guys second thoughts on whether to drop $10K+ on this machine. Fun, but not extraordinary.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I was asking Cobray if he would prefer a Liberace pin....If so why not use the real Liberace......

Would the drop down targets be G A Y

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-video-5-glass-off/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.