Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Guzz4851
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I recently installed a spinner mod on my Metallica pro. Not sure if that has anything to do with this....I connected the spinners to the pic target like I was supposed to. Alligator clipped underneath at pic target. Nothing touching.

Noticed today that when I hit the left spinner and the ball travels up to the left orbit entrance rollover switch, the right slingshot will go off. If I hit the spinner only, it registers, and everything is fine. When the ball rolls over the orbit, that is when the slingshot goes off. Right side orbit is completely fine and doesn't activate any other switches.
Went into switch test...when pressing a switch, only that one appears on the DMD...I do not get multiple switches going off in test mode like I do in the actual game play.
Switch #27 is the right slingshot with wires green-red / tan-orange
Switch #43 is the left orbit with wires green-orange / tan-orange

I noticed the last two wire combinations are the same color so I'm not sure if that means the same row or column or if that even matters.
Can someone help troubleshoot why this might be happening? I'm hoping I didn't screw something up....it only started happening after the spinner install.
Thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Remove the modification and see if the issue goes away.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Remove the modification and see if the issue goes away.

Two alligator clips ? If so and when you removed the mod and the issue goes away, try reversing the alligator clips to opposite spots of where you hooked it up.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

Thanks to all.
LTG Yes two clips, one red and one black.
I removed the one side that was causing the problem....it worked. I couldn't replicate when the mod was uninstalled on the left side spinner.
I hooked the spinner up to the pic target to the right of the right ramp....seems to be ok and work normally. I depressed the switches in order and the sling didn't go off. So it appears that the pic target I had it hooked to causes the problem.

#5 1 year ago

Would a diode be required on the spinner switch?
As it sits right now, there isn't one. Just the two wires (red and black) soldered to each tab.
All other switches in the game have diodes. Since this is clipped onto a switch already with a diode, would the spinner switch itself need one?

#7 1 year ago

I added a diode IN4004. Switch still works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Belmont, MI
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
$ 279.95
$ 199.99
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New York, NY
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside