Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kcZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi.

I was told my my supplier when I bought a Metallica Roadcase premium that there would be no problem changing the translite to a monster edition later. I pre-ordered it and at the same time ordered a back-box kit from pinball refinery for the monster version. Now I got the backboard light kit and my supplier tells me that Stern will not supply a monster translite.

Is there a kind soul here who have a premium monster translite they can part with or know where I can get hold of one?

#2 5 years ago

That's a real bummer Karl, the Roadcase cabinet with Premium Monster translite combination is how I would want it too. Why won't Stern just sell it that way? At least now I know not wait until alter to address it if I buy one. Best of luck in tracking one down.

#3 5 years ago

Is this the one your looking for. I have a friend with one. Pm sent

image.jpg
#4 5 years ago

PM sent "idtattoo".

Thank you so much for replying to my desperate request.

Quoted from EricR:

That's a real bummer Karl, the Roadcase cabinet with Premium Monster translite combination is how I would want it too. Why won't Stern just sell it that way? At least now I know not wait until alter to address it if I buy one. Best of luck in tracking one down.

EricR, beats me. It is not as if this is a limited edition machine. My seller (who imports a lot of machines from Stern was also very confused and surprised). It's like they don't want to make money on this

#5 5 years ago

Stern Has said for some time they wont sell the Monsters Prem translites.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

That's what I was told when I went looking for one. I was lucky enough to find a signed one (like the one pictured above) from a fellow Pinsider.

Looks way better than the Pro translite IMO.

#7 5 years ago

Hope you get one. It was sheer luck that I got mine. A fellow collector ordered a road case premium because that was the one he prefers the look of. A monster premium showed up instead. Stern sent him all new decals and art associated with the road case premium. I would have bitched and got an entirely new game. But, luckily for me, he had no interest in the monster translight and sold it to me.

#8 5 years ago

Rock the roadcase translite, it is probably the rarest!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

That's the reason I passed on MET

#10 5 years ago

Put the pro monsters translight in your road case edition. It's the best of all the translights anyway (MOPLE aside).

#11 5 years ago

Yeah, if I did not have MOPLE, I would go road case cab wih Pro translite. I ordered a Pro translite just to hang in a Swap Box, in fact.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Put the pro monsters translight in your road case edition. It's the best of all the translights anyway (MOPLE aside).

Problem is that I already have the backbox light kit made especially for the monster premium and I also think the monster premium translite looks a bit better than the pro so I am hoping I do not have to go down that route.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, if I did not have MOPLE, I would go road case cab wih Pro translite. I ordered a Pro translite just to hang in a Swap Box, in fact.

I like the road case too, but no way I could ever convince my wife on that. Lucky for her I like the normal cab art a lot as well. I just think it's silly to pay for a premium and then get the SAME art, SAME trim, and she wants the SAME TRANSLITE as a pro...at. that point, why am I paying 2k extra for the game?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Problem is that I already have the backbox light kit made especially for the monster premium and I also think the monster premium translite looks a bit better than the pro so I am hoping I do not have to go down that route.

I'd ask Gio if you could return the Premium kit for a Pro kit and then get the Pro translight. He is pretty darn good with customer service it's worth a shot.

#15 5 years ago

It will be on its way on Monday Karl. Glad I could help.

#16 5 years ago

Huge thanks goes out to "idtattoo" for helping a poor soul out. I will salute you all night, man

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd ask Gio if you could return the Premium kit for a Pro kit and then get the Pro translight. He is pretty darn good with customer service it's worth a shot.

Gio really is a great guy but I have already bothered him plenty and I would never dare (or want to) send this back to him. (if you are reading this Giovanni, thank you for being so generous to all my nonsense )
but thanks for the suggestion, dude

#17 5 years ago

If someone would be kind enough to scan their monsters translite I would be able to have repros made.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That would be a good backup plan since the pro translite is good too, but it would be nice for someone to just be able to get the cabinet and translite combination they wanted to begin with, LE aside of course.

I'm glad Karl got the one he wanted anyway.

#19 5 years ago

Finally found one for my Roadcase premium that Gio is building for me as well! They are very hard to come by and not cheap! congrats on finding it as i think it along with the roadcase looks outstanding as well!

1 year later
#20 3 years ago

Bump...

Looking for a translite for my Road Case

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside