DDS41-Panhead-Pete_11739_1302503354_28.jpg
DDS12-Shrunken-Heads_61568_1293914641_.jpg
DDS15-Guitar-Warrior_57342_1293914641_.jpg
chippah.jpg
photo(104).JPG
hetfieldlion.jpg
image.jpg
Metallica-Live-Shit-Binge--436881.jpg
There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 11 years ago

HOLY SHIT !
Even I didn't catch this until now.

The hammer comes down and the ball disappears below just like in TOTAN !!!!!

F' YEAH. WOW this game is loaded with ball interactive toys.

#352 11 years ago

Did you see the color DMD dude?

It's gonna be sweet

Wonder what program they are using?

#353 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Did you see the color DMD dude?
It's gonna be sweet
Wonder what program they are using?

Ok, I laughed.

#354 11 years ago

Cabinet art? I heard cabinet art would like Rat Fink on Pro. MAster of Puppets on LE.

#355 11 years ago

I'm not big into Metallica, but I have to admit, this looks pretty kick ass!

#356 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Cabinet art? I heard cabinet art would like like tour anvil case. Nice

Correct for one model, Pro assuming.

#357 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The cross looks like the gravestone toy in tftc. Its a bad move to have a bash toy as a cross, they should have used a gravestone or coffin.

They should have inverted the cross...and added some demons...and implemented actual fire that erupts from various points on the playfield...and made pea soup fly out at the player from the backglass. That would rule.

#358 11 years ago

I heard the same. Would match their old live shit box set quite nicely.

Metallica-Live-Shit-Binge--436881.jpgMetallica-Live-Shit-Binge--436881.jpg

#359 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Cabinet art? I heard cabinet art would like like tour anvil case. Nice

Doesn't go very well with the playfield color scheme. Personally I wouldn't be a big fan of this look. Then again, I won't be playing the cabinet so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

#360 11 years ago

Who is doing the callouts? Hetfield?

#361 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Practice:

Who is doing the callouts? Hetfield?

YEAH... HAAAA

#362 11 years ago

Looks like the GI will be set up for multiple color combos. I hope we get color changing LEDs.

#363 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

HOLY SHIT !

LOL...DUUURRRRRR! ...and imagine the shaker going "BLAAAM" when that hammer comes down!!! Smashes the ball into NOTHING!

#364 11 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

The layout looks cool but not a fan of the PF colors. A little wimpy for METAL in my opinion!

Wait till you see it all w/ plastics and toys on there...SIIIICK

#366 11 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

The layout looks cool but not a fan of the PF colors. A little wimpy for METAL in my opinion!

Yea, you'll have to keep waiting for the scandanavian death metal pin a while longer.

#367 11 years ago

\m/,

image.jpgimage.jpg

#368 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Lars with his lisp!

Or Lars + hetfield call outs!!! I can see it now...

Hetfield: go for the jackpot
Lars: hit the ramp to hear my drum roll
Hetfield: no, hit the jackpot!
Lars: dude, you have to hear my drum fill
Hetfield: it's pinball, hit the jackpot!!!
Lars: It's not about pinball, it's about hearing my drums!
Hetfield: dam it Lars, will you ever learn your place as a drummer
Lars: I'm the real front man, you just sing my songs.
*game tilts itself*

#369 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or Lars + hetfield call outs!!! I can see it now...
Hetfield: go for the jackpot
Lars: hit the ramp to hear my drum roll
Hetfield: no, hit the jackpot!
Lars: dude, you have to hear my drum fill
Hetfield: it's pinball, hit the jackpot!!!
Lars: It's not about pinball, it's about hearing my drums!
Hetfield: dam it Lars, will you ever learn your place as a drummer
Lars: I'm the real front man, you just sing my songs.
*game tilts itself*

Well we know Kirk Hammet won't be doing callouts, he does not speak. Least I have a break from Steve Ritchie telling me I suck.

#370 11 years ago

As a non-Metallica fan, I'll admit it...this machine looks amazing.

#371 11 years ago

Heavy metal ramps. Cool.

#372 11 years ago

I've seen these pics over a year ago and now with Metallica coming out it's hilarious to see these 2 pins as it seems come out the same time. I find humor in it

No offense intended. I have both on the way.

hetfieldlion.jpghetfieldlion.jpg photo(104).JPGphoto(104).JPG

#373 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've seen these pics over a year ago and now with Metallica coming out it's hilarious to see these 2 pins as it seems come out the same time. I find humor in it

That's the Emerald LE translite.

#374 11 years ago

This game is really looking good... here's a list of my observations that haven't had much mention:

Snake mouth scoop has a moving *lower* jaw to eat the balls.

Inline drops! That's worth the price of admission alone! And behind the inline drops is a cross with the mechanics to put it in a constant up and down motion to make it difficult to time the hits (1 center shot while up, 2 targets on the cross arms while down). I am guessing the inline drops are an LE feature based on the fact they are missing from half the pics.

The Death Magnetic coffin insert is see-through for your locked balls. Could have some nice LED lighting effects in there!

I was hoping/assuming there would be GNR style magnets mid playfield for Death Magnetic multiball, but while I couldn't find any conclusive evidence of it in the CAD or under playfield, there is something mounted under the playfield in that big wide open space without inserts above the fuel gauge, maybe at least one magnet to throw balls around?

I originally missed the two lower side shots under the ramps, left side has a cubby, and right side has scoop, for a total of 10 shots across!

I see the throwing star, but no scary guy logo?!

Last but not least, those metal ramps are the typical whitewood ramps. At best I would expect to see plastic ramps with metal wireforms that feed the flippers. Here's to hoping for etched metal ramps though.

#375 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

No offense intended. I have both on the way.

WOW. Someone who can appreciate both titles for what they are, and the fact that Pinball is far from dead (which we should all be thankful for). Some of the fools around these parts could learn a thing or two from you.

#376 11 years ago

OZ: So Mr Lion, you want courage I suppose?
Lion: F' No. Gimme Fuel, gimme fire...

#377 11 years ago

Well this is a game changer....OBEY YOUR MASTER!!!

#378 11 years ago

Wait until you see the winged skull !

The whole art package is SICK !
"Complete Features To Lite End Of The Line"

#379 11 years ago

Personally I think the whole cartoon thing looks frickin dumb. I'm sorry but that is not the old school Metallica that I remember. I remember pushead drawings and art that looked killer rather than this humorous BS. Why didn't they just stick with individual album artwork in different places around the PF or something? The only thing I'm feelin right now is the large gavel so I hope play makes up for this weak preview or it changes severely. They could have also picked better songs IMO, right now I'd have to pass on buying this one. Extremely dissapointed and this is coming from a die hard Metallica fan

#380 11 years ago

Wait until you see the winged skull !
The whole art package is SICK !

Maybe it needs to see a doctah or sumthin'.

Tsssss...tsssssss.

chippah.jpgchippah.jpg

#381 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Last but not least, those metal ramps are the typical whitewood ramps.

No they're not...those are production ramps! Whitewood wouldn't be that "nice" with the etched logo.

#382 11 years ago

Looks awesome! SLO mo vid is really cool

#383 11 years ago

It will definitely be the best thing Metallica has put out in a long time.

#384 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

HOLY SHIT !

It's where the locked balls are held.

#385 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

The average comic fan or music fan doesn't even know pinball still exists, unless they are a pinball fan as well. The question is are there more Metallica/pinball fans than comic/pinball fans.

That's a good answer. I agree.

#386 11 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Personally I think the whole cartoon thing looks frickin dumb. I'm sorry but that is not the old school Metallica that I remember. I remember pushead drawings and art that looked killer rather than this humorous BS. Why didn't they just stick with individual album artwork in different places around the PF or something? The only thing I'm feelin right now is the large gavel so I hope play makes up for this weak preview or it changes severely. They could have also picked better songs IMO, right now I'd have to pass on buying this one. Extremely dissapointed and this is coming from a die hard Metallica fan

I have followed metallica since they were formed and I am a die hard fan; could not be happier with the art and even had a bunch of non pin head buddies calling me today that are metallica fans and found out about the pin and want to come over and check it out. GREAT DAY FOR PINBALL TODAY

#387 11 years ago

Anyone have a link to the slow mode video? I couldn't find it.

#388 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone have a link to the slow mode video? I couldn't find it.

#389 11 years ago

The upgraded TFTC is coming! I love IT! SHAKER MOTOR. ELECTRIC Chair oh YES! Please someone get one in AZ so I can play.

#390 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The upgraded TFTC is coming! I love IT! SHAKER MOTOR. ELECTRIC Chair oh YES! Please someone get one in AZ so I can play.

Greg Davis will get one.

#391 11 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've heard Stern uses an archaic, no that's being kind, ANCIENT art program for their dots...

Not sure why they do this.

Because you don't play the display. Better to focus efforts elsewhere.

As a player, I'm glad they've held out as long as possible. If they do switch to color DMD's, that would be preferable to me rather than an LCD display.

#392 11 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm with you.. I'm still excited about the game overall, but I've been thinking about the weird cartoon art and sculpted toy all day and it just doesn't feel like anything I'd associate with Metallica at all. The kinda funny thing is that I think it does make a lot of non-fans more interested in the game, which I guess is a good thing.

#393 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will definitely be the best thing Metallica has put out in a long time.

Since All Nightmare Long?

#394 11 years ago

The 'Gimme Fuel' Metallica art was the same style. It's not something new

#395 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey so, who else is in a super good mood today due to this video & announcement? Even though I've bought plenty of Stern games, I'm usually slightly disappointed with the initial pics...lots of "aw I wish they would have..." & other too-late constructive criticism. Then the game eventually wins me over ....heh. I have *ZERO* nitpicks at all on this one. Everything looks great!!!! I am happy.

I for one couldn't be happier with what we have seen so far either. Metallica has always been on my dream pin list even though they had a few albums I opted out of. I have stood on stage with them while they played so maybe I am biased. James is into cars AND pinball which is way cool with me.

The unique toys, art, song list, it's all killer'em All! I was hoping for a Justice or RTL LE as well but I'll take a Puppets or a premium just the same.

Now who wants to buy a nice Monster bash?

#396 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Snake mouth scoop has a moving *lower* jaw to eat the balls.

the snake can keep right away from my balls, thank you very much.

ha!

rd

#397 11 years ago

I dont get how they are going to have the "Hammer" feature with out the "and justice for all" song?

I'm getting this pin, But I wish they trade Unforgiven for: "And Justice" or "Harvester of sorrow."

You can't play Pinball while holding up a lighter with one hand.

Really a Slow song....?

"Dyers eve" would be insane of a track.

#398 11 years ago

For those who care about this sort of thing (and that's probably not many), here's another slowed-down 5 FPS version of the teaser video in full 1080p. I post this only because I noticed significant quality reduction at 5 FPS in the one thoughtfully created by Av8 (all credit to him for the idea).

#399 11 years ago

All im doing is sitting here thinking of what I can sell to be able to afford this thing.

#400 11 years ago
Quoted from Biomech011:

I dont get how they are going to have the "Hammer" feature with out the "and justice for all" song?

I totally agree. Not to mention that the main massive bash toy is based on Ride the Lightning, which is also not in it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-teaser-bid-on-youtube/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.