Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rickwh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Got a service event notification for switch #22 trough jam. In the switch test menu it is listed as out of service. I am guessing that when errors occur, the switch makes itself out of service? When i test the ball trough, I see the switches light up for 18, 19, 20, 21 and 23 when the ball is ejected. number 22 does not light up when the ball is ejected. The machine is 2 months new out of box and my first pin so obviously a little hesitant on what to do. Thanks for your help.

#2 8 years ago

The switch doesn't take itself out of service. It broke. Hence the alert, and why it doesn't work.

You'll need to fix it. It should glow red. Clean it, reseat the connectors. For a start.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

Hmmm, I will pull it up tomorrow. When i put that specific switch in service through the diagnostics menu, would the machine recognize that it is not working and make it out of service. I guess I just didn't understand what would make the switch say out of service in the first place, if I can switch it back to in-service and it stays that way. Like I said, I will take the glass off tomorrow and put something between the optical beam to see if it is on or not. Thanks again for your help.

#4 8 years ago

Switch breaks. Machine notes it isn't working. Machine says "out of service".

This doesn't mean the machine placed it out of service. It means it's something you need to look at, adjust, or fix.

LTG : )™

#5 8 years ago

Just thought I would update. The opto light was on and working. Broke the beam and it registered, so I don't know what caused the alert, but glad nothing was wrong.

#6 8 years ago

Welcome to new pin ownership badgerx23. . Little things like this pop up every now and again. As you work through them you will start to feel more and more confident. I was terrified of what id do when the pin broke when i was thinking of buying my first pin. But just slow and methodical and ask lots of questions and listen to pinsiders and youll be fine.

Welcome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-switch-22-trough-jam-event-notice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.