• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tallica_sux.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Played version 1.06 for about 2 hours tonight and thought the Pro was simply amazing. The shots are tight but able to be made on the backhand as well as normal. The only really tough shot is that fuel shot. The animations are sick!

The build quality in the pro has improved over the last few games. I thought the clear looked fantastic and the ball did not seem to have many hang ups. Overall the pro gets an A for build quality. I must add that I ripped avengers a new one for feeling cheap.

Metallica feels great. The build quality is much improved. The only complaint is the drop targets on the game we played were not going down if hit too hard we just got bounce back.

Played this with Dave and Derek Musket who proved most shots could be backhanded when I didn't think it was possible. The snake being hit with the right flipper was almost always a drain

Overall Metallica is kick ass and just going to get better. I am impressed with the pro and the LE better be better as the pro is kick ass great

Overall 9/10 with 4 multi balls that were started and achievable

#2 10 years ago

Why the title ? Is that like me saying " I am buying a WOZ "?

#3 10 years ago

Should be 'tallica sux'

#4 10 years ago

Was the title meant to confuse the masses ?

#6 10 years ago

The game does suck, but your title is still odd.

#7 10 years ago

Hank, where did you get to play? I would drive a bit to get some play on it, still on the fence for pro vs premium

#8 10 years ago

You forgot to mention the "Ball Stopper" at the top of the loop. Complete failure. Apart from that the game is quite good and its easily the best Pro that Stern have made.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

You forgot to mention the "Ball Stopper" at the top of the loop. Complete failure. Apart from that the game is quite good and its easily the best Pro that Stern have made.

Yes, trade in the fuel "bar target" for metal control gates at the top for premium/ LE

#10 10 years ago

Yeah agree. That or a magnet would have done the trick... Is it too late for this modification??? I hope not. It changes the game alot given that the ball continually comes back down the left loop rather than go in the jets...

#11 10 years ago

Yep the only bad part is that ball stopper but it worked on Iron Man so its back

Mike Chris is putting one on location at a theatre close to you.

#12 10 years ago

Oh shit! Its at the theatre in Camp Hill, he normaly puts nice new games in there. Even routes LE machines! LOL!!!!!!!

#13 10 years ago

cool...I think

#14 10 years ago

Is there a metallica-ism I'm not getting? Like KMFDM sucks?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Oh shit! Its at the theatre in Camp Hill, he normaly puts nice new games in there. Even routes LE machines! LOL!!!!!!!

Confirm this with Chris at cointaker, but Derek told me Chris was putting one at the Theatre today.

Thinking more about it I think Metallica is a badass game with a ton of shots. Anyone thinking about the pro will not be disappointed with one. The ultimate question is if the LE plays better and is worth the extra $$.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

You forgot to mention the "Ball Stopper" at the top of the loop. by CouponDropDown">Complete failure. Apart from that the game is quite good and its easily the best Pro that Stern have made.

As a PRO owner I agree 100% about this damn ball stopper up-post - cannot for the life of me understand why it is in the game after you plunge as THATS all it is needed for , and the irony of it all is that it IS able to be disabled by holding the left flipper when plunging but NOT in general gameplay.

Future code updates REALLY need to cover this 'problem'

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

As a PRO owner I agree 100% about this damn ball stopper up-post - cannot for the life of me understand why it is in the game after you plunge as THATS all it is needed for , and the irony of it all is that it IS able to be disabled by holding the left flipper when plunging but NOT in general gameplay.
Future code updates REALLY need to cover this 'problem'

Hold down the left flipper button on plunge and you can get a skill shot which loops around. Different shots vary from 350K - 400K

The upper post stops the ball in some modes to feed the ball to the pop bumpers instead of orbiting around. I'm sure disabling it may be an option. If they code it like WPT and allow you to use it less I think that is what is needed a use only for key modes or something.

Iron Man has this and I think that is what Borg copied to stop the ball at key moments.

Again the game I played last night impressed me as Stern has definitely improved the quality on the PRO as this game felt as if it were a solid build. I would hope that operators would not have any issues with Metallica as there does not seem to be a lot to go wrong with this game.

I cannot say the same for The Avengers or Xmen LE.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The ultimate question is if the LE plays better and is worth the extra $$.

I hate to sound like a cheerleader for the Pro, but the LE/Prem will play exactly the same except for the ball lock. This should lead to higher scores, since the ball will be held by the magnet instead of rolling lazily down the middle (that captive ball is a dangerous shot!).

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hate to sound like a cheerleader for the Pro, but the LE/Prem will play exactly the same except for the ball lock. This should lead to higher scores, since the ball will be held by the magnet instead of rolling lazily down the middle (that captive ball is a dangerous shot!).

I have an LE on order and since it is the MOPLE I'm keeping it. Since the MOPLE is so rare I do not think anyone should bail on it. So its really a Pro versus Premium debate.

The pro has lots of LEDs which surprised me. The ball lock on the Pro is not going to be as neat as the LE. I also heard the LE has a subway to kick the ball out of the mystery hole which may be a huge plus.

I just do not think anyone could go wrong with a PRO. If the debate is to get a Metallica Pro or another game I'd say get Metallica PRO as it is awesome. If it is a debate between the PRO and Premium then this would be a real tough decision.

For anyone on the fence on whether to buy a Metallica Pro versus another game priced around $4K I'm saying buy the Metallica PRO!!!!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is there a metallica-ism I'm not getting? Like KMFDM sucks?
» YouTube video

A KMFDM game with BRUTE artwork would be the second coming.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hate to sound like a cheerleader for the Pro, but the LE/Prem will play exactly the same except for the ball lock

I couldn't agree more ,, but for $ 2K more you could have the hammer & Magnet .I'm in on the Pro

Hank ,, Give me a call ..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How do those spinners work on the pro? Do they incorporate with a mode?

#23 10 years ago

Pick

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Confirm this with Chris at cointaker, but Derek told me Chris was putting one at the Theatre today.
Thinking more about it I think Metallica is a badass game with a ton of shots. Anyone thinking about the pro will not be disappointed with one. The ultimate question is if the LE plays better and is worth the extra $$.

Chris is putting the Metallica in the movie theatre up in Sunbury and unfortunately not the one near Camp Hill. At least that's what I took it as when I talked to him yesterday. I know he's setting his game up today as I asked him to check on the cross drop targets to see how his work compared to mine.

#25 10 years ago

I was told the LE starts production June 10. Prem after that.

Nice Tallica Sux pics.

#26 10 years ago

topic is from the original shirt on our electric chair dude

tallica_sux.jpgtallica_sux.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

A KMFDM game with BRUTE artwork would be the second coming.

I would buy Stern KMFDM spare playfield and backglass for the art alone.. LOVE that german brute 3 color artwork!

#28 10 years ago

What is a KMFDM game?

#29 10 years ago

Just stopped by the cinema center in Camp Hill and he didnt get to putting it in yet. He has a ac/dc pro, x men pro which I dont think is a bad game, Hulk L.E., and his sorry Avatar L.E.! Im not sure why he routes le? But four pins in one public location is still awesome! We are all lucky to see any out on the streets anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-sux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.