(Topic ID: 65416)

Metallica Song Replacement - tips, request locations, suggestions and discussion

By cpsystem3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg
mtl163.png
1130131752a.jpg
1130131752b.jpg
1130131752.jpg
1130131753.jpg
mustaine_hetfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider qmacaulay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 6 years ago

I've made a nice custom audio .bin file for Pro to share... I left key Metallica songs but added other rock mashups/megamixes + some newer stuff with a beat. Sparky song much better in my opinion.

Subwoofer highly recommended... Let me know what you think!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1lh5GGWiv7ydER2MmRRMDFhUEE

#114 6 years ago

Where is your sense of adventure?

But seriously, if you need all of your songs to be Metallica this is NOT the rom for you. It is a mix of classic rock zeppelin etc, Daft Punk from Tron, Radiohead remix from Kid A, AC/DC mashup with queen, justice (not justice for all) and imagine dragons. Each track has at least two or three songs from that artist, it's pretty neat the longer you play the sense of accomplishment as you "earn" next songs. Again, it would really suit those with a subwoofer…

My Rig (before I bought it)

What's the harm though, it takes all of 2 minutes work and 20 minute wait to put back to factory

#116 6 years ago

Regarding part 1 of your reply, before copying rom to USB stick, open it with Pinball Browser. In there you can set all the high scores and save the rom, it's super easy.

I agree with your comment about losing the ball near the beginning of the second song, I just look at it as extra challenge to not sink the ball… with imagine dragons track I have yet to make it to the third song "radioactive", I think of it as an Easter egg or hidden level :p

Lets be clear here, I'm just trying to help out those people who aren't "computer savvy". Also, saving people time... it took me a solid 8 hours to get it to this point.

#120 6 years ago

Sooo? Whatcha think? I realize it’s a departure from the hard rock theme but really works for me.

As a side note just hit my record high score (167mil on ball 1 alone!)

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll post a link to my Metallica playing the songs I replaced and if anyone wants the ROM I'll send it. Just need to find video I took and also my notes with what songs I swapped in. Here's a video I happened to take last night playing Mustang with a couple of the songs I added. This video shows the song for Mustang MB ready; then Mustang MB; then the 2nd part of the Police Pursuit mode and Upgrade scoring.
I consider Mustang to be the best "music" pin out there just because it's music heavy and not based on a single band. So you really can have fun with the playlist versus with me wanting to stick with Metallica songs for Met.
» YouTube video

Love the Zep, GnR, etc. Suits the theme well!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That classic mix of clips is pretty cool, just a little too "busy" for my head when playing. I found myself getting into a song and then it cut to another - which is cool because I really dig a good mashup, but just not when I'm playing. I'm a fan of that AC/DC Zep mashup and have it on my jukebox with other mashes. One track reminded my wife of the Total Nuclear pinball soundtrack that we had just heard at the York show. Good stuff for sure.
You'd enjoy Lobsterdust and his mashups if you haven't heard his stuff.
Yesterday I started replacing a few songs with non-Metallica ones to shake things up. I've been finding that Metallica pinball is just too much Metallica music - it makes the game much more intense, serious or something to me. We once again loved playing Aerosmith at the York show and it may not be a better game than Met and I may not like Aerosmith as much as Metallica - but their music is a fun match for the game.
I had a BLAST playing Met last night after replacing a few songs. This song in particular was so damn fun to hear when playing and made me smile. Got into a fun groove and was nailing left/right alternating ramp shots effortlessly.
» YouTube video

Too funny! I just saw baby driver last night. That song is in there a couple times and it totally works!

Thanks so much for the input and glad you liked some of the tracks! I may replace the classic rock mashup with this hocus-pocus track.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider qmacaulay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-song-replacement-tips-request-locations-suggestions-and-discussion?tu=qmacaulay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.