(Topic ID: 65416)

Metallica Song Replacement - tips, request locations, suggestions and discussion

By cpsystem3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg
mtl163.png
1130131752a.jpg
1130131752b.jpg
1130131752.jpg
1130131753.jpg
mustaine_hetfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

Creeping Death > Ride the Lightning (also plays during Sparky MB)

Unforgiven > Shortest Straw (also plays 10 secs after match feature)

One > Whiplash and Hit the Lights (HtL plays during Lady Justice mode; I know it's not on the "Justice" album, but oh well)

Fade to Black > My Apocolypse and Motorbreath (Motorbreath is shortened quite a bit as filler)

I also replaced one of the match call outs with my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, what happened to Fluffy?" It doesn't sound like the creepy "Mommy, where's Fluffy" at the end of Breadfan, but non Metallica fans will still think it's funny after the snake pukes.

I replaced an attract flipper button call out to my daughter saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with ES riff in the background.

3 weeks later
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from flipperwiz:

Bump for compiling list of request numbers. So far I have (from OP plus one):
Met Request Numbers in BIN (v 1.22)
Enter Sandman - Request #500
Fade to Black - Request #601
Sad But True -  Request #859
Unforgiven - Request #1059
Thanks to anyone who has numbers already handy to add for the other 8 tracks.

Those numbers are not correct for 1.22

#345 Battery
#431 Creeping Death
#502 Enter Sandman
#574 Fade to Black
#627 For Whom the Bell Tolls
#665 Fuel
#726 Master of Puppets
#794 One
#839 Sad But True
#915 Seek and Destroy
#994 End of the Line
#1059 The Unforgiven

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from flipperwiz:

Thanks Sparky. Are those request numbers for Pro or LE? Not sure if it matters. Going to delve into it this weekend (for a Pro).

Prem/LE

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

how do you do this? do you have to have the code on a pc/ mac? input songs on pc or mac, save to usb, then upload to the machine?
i missed that part.
can someone explain each step from beginning to end as in plain english as if you are talking to a kid? that's what i need sometimes.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#39 10 years ago

John Borg mentions in the latest Spooky Pinball Podcast interview that they will be adding three more songs. He wants a song from "Death Magnetic" album for Coffin Multiball. He mentions "My Apocolypse," which is one of the songs I've already replaced. That would be great because it would open that spot for another choice!

1 month later
#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

So The Unforgiven is 6:26 and I just noticed Wherever I may roam is 6:30! Guess what I'm doing tonight!

Shortest Straw is 6:35. Also, the beginning of Unforgiven plays right after the match feature and fades out, so Shortest Straw plays there instead and sounds much better, IMHO.

#51 10 years ago

I'm thinking about changing "Sad But True" with "Don't Tread On Me" since it plays during Snake MB. I never choose "SBT" to start a game, and I probably wouldn't choose "Tread" either, but it seems appropriate and sounds pretty cool to start a Snake MB.

1 week later
#54 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

do song names change automatically on dot display?

No. You have to go in and change all occurrences. There is a handy search feature, but be careful that you are not replacing "One" in Metallica when it actually is the number, not the song.

1 month later
#55 10 years ago

I posted this in the 1.51 update thread, but I thought it was appropriate to post here, as well:

When I was running 1.22, I swapped CD with RTL, and when Sparky mb started, RTL started from the beginning of the song, and it sounded great! I love that RTL is included and the options given for Sparky mb in 1.51, but now RTL starts a few minutes into the song and is mostly a guitar solo. Not thrilled about that....so, here are the changes I made:

Swapped CD with RTL
RTL > Four Horsemen
Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
One > ...And Justice For All
Sad But True > Am I Evil?

- I chose to play only RTL on mb setting, and now it starts from the beginning because it's in the CD request slot.
- Shortest Straw plays for 10 secs after match instead of Unforgiven.
- During Lady Justice mode, ...AJFA comes in during a guitar solo instead of One.
- Am I Evil? plays during Snake mb instead of SBT

If the next update ties songs or album titles to the member modes, then I may need to rethink.

BTW, some of the songs I added were a little too long, and I had to fade out. Sucks, but oh well.

2 months later
#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

When you guys are doing the song replacements, are you modifying the songs to be the same length as the one it replaced?

On the 1.22 code, I had used "My Apocolypse" and one minute from "Motorbreath" to fill in the extra time on the song I was replacing (I can't remember which one it was now). For the current code, I didn't double up on any. All my song choices had to be trimmed a little.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Mechanix by Megadeth would a be a good replacement for The Four Horseman (if that's even on there).

The Four Horseman isn't on the original code. However, it's on my game.

2 weeks later
#78 9 years ago

For v16, all the song numbers are only one number off, except for Battery and Blackened stay the same:

Battery 476
Blackened 591
CD 702
ES 773
FTB 846
FWTBT 900
Fuel 939
MoP 998
One 1066
RTL 199
SBT 1281
SnD 1351
TEOTL 1429
Unforgiven 1494

1 week later
#86 9 years ago

I used the tutorial that was in the Pinball Browser thread, which explains how to fix the levels using Audacity. Since I've left Enter Sandman in the game, I should adjust the levels and put it back in because it's so quiet compared to all the other songs.

Regarding the looping, I have one song that sounds like it's skipping while in the launch lane, but like Aurich said, nothing can be done about that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-song-replacement-tips-request-locations-suggestions-and-discussion?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.