(Topic ID: 65416)

Metallica Song Replacement - tips, request locations, suggestions and discussion

By cpsystem3

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by goob92
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg
mtl163.png
1130131752a.jpg
1130131752b.jpg
1130131752.jpg
1130131753.jpg
mustaine_hetfield.jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

A friend dumped all the Met songs for Led Zep

as much as i'd rather listen to Zeppelin over Metallica in general, no way i'd ever have them on my 'Metallica' pinball machine. each to his own i suppose you pay 5 grand, do whatever tickles your pickle. i enjoy all of the Metallica tracks mostly (except fuel).

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hougie you da man ! Thanks for bumping this, I need to throw Olga $20 then start this madness. Hopefully tonight, if I can narrow down their catalog to 12 (Battery and Blackened ain't goin anywhere).

Seriously, Isn't it the best thing ever? I put in No Remorse, ...And Justice for All, The Four Horsemen, Breadfan, and have Ride The Lightning playing from the beginning of electric chair. I don't screw with the songs attached to modes at all. I may some day though

#103 3 years ago

AJFA...9:44. I know this cause I put it on every jukebox I see, twice, in a row.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

AJFA...9:44. I know this cause I put it on every jukebox I see, twice, in a row.

Slap it in the "One" slot. It cuts off a couple of mins but the solo during Lady Justice is from the actual song this way. I usually don't make it into the song that far anyway. If you have had a game that long there is so much other crap going on that you wouldn't notice that the tune started over anyway. Trust me on this Gryszzz.

8 months later
#105 2 years ago

Anyone have a thread they share their files?

4 months later
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

MET Pro v1.22 - Track location and duration:
343 Battery – 5:09
429 Creeping Death – 6:34
500 Enter Sandman – 5:30
572 Fade to Black – 6:56
625 For Whom the Bell Tolls – 5:09
663 Fuel – 4:29
724 Master of Puppets – 8:32
792 One – 7:24
843 Sad But True – 5:23
913 Seek and Destroy – 6:50
992 End of the Line – 7:51
1057 The Unforgiven – 6:26

Thanks for the job.

When you do a replacement of a song, does the new one must last the same time?

1 month later
#107 2 years ago

I've made a nice custom audio .bin file for Pro to share... I left key Metallica songs but added other rock mashups/megamixes + some newer stuff with a beat. Sparky song much better in my opinion.

Subwoofer highly recommended... Let me know what you think!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1lh5GGWiv7ydER2MmRRMDFhUEE

#108 2 years ago

Might try this out. Thanks for posting.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from qmacaulay:

I've made a nice custom audio .bin file for Pro to share... I left key Metallica songs but added other rock mashups/megamixes + some newer stuff with a beat. Sparky song much better in my opinion.
Subwoofer highly recommended... Let me know what you think!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1lh5GGWiv7ydER2MmRRMDFhUEE

Could you list the tracks so I can decide if I want to try it out?

#110 2 years ago

That would be helpful actually.

#111 2 years ago

Following

#112 2 years ago

I'll post a link to my Metallica playing the songs I replaced and if anyone wants the ROM I'll send it. Just need to find video I took and also my notes with what songs I swapped in. Here's a video I happened to take last night playing Mustang with a couple of the songs I added. This video shows the song for Mustang MB ready; then Mustang MB; then the 2nd part of the Police Pursuit mode and Upgrade scoring.

I consider Mustang to be the best "music" pin out there just because it's music heavy and not based on a single band. So you really can have fun with the playlist versus with me wanting to stick with Metallica songs for Met.

#113 2 years ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i67zppydqztld6/MTL185.bin?dl=0

Link to my current Metallica Pro songs:

Frayed Ends of Sanity
Ride the Lightning
Moth Into Flame
Seek and Destroy
The End of the Line
The Four Horsemen
The Shortest Straw
Ain't My Bitch
Master of Puppets
Enter Sandman
Blackened
Battery
Fuel

#114 2 years ago

Where is your sense of adventure?

But seriously, if you need all of your songs to be Metallica this is NOT the rom for you. It is a mix of classic rock zeppelin etc, Daft Punk from Tron, Radiohead remix from Kid A, AC/DC mashup with queen, justice (not justice for all) and imagine dragons. Each track has at least two or three songs from that artist, it's pretty neat the longer you play the sense of accomplishment as you "earn" next songs. Again, it would really suit those with a subwoofer…

My Rig (before I bought it)

What's the harm though, it takes all of 2 minutes work and 20 minute wait to put back to factory

#115 2 years ago

The thing is it takes a while to go thru the game settings on a new ROM to set up how you like it. Also lose the high scores combo champion stuff like that. So that's the only hesitation trying something new and unknown.

I had two songs share a track, Trapped Under Ice and Whiplash replaced the song One. But what I didn't like is if you eventually play long enough to reach the second song in that track and lose a ball, the track usually restarted near the end of song one instead of where it left off. It made me frustrated because I rarely get to hear any certainly not all of the second song because of those restarts during ball drains.

#116 2 years ago

Regarding part 1 of your reply, before copying rom to USB stick, open it with Pinball Browser. In there you can set all the high scores and save the rom, it's super easy.

I agree with your comment about losing the ball near the beginning of the second song, I just look at it as extra challenge to not sink the ball… with imagine dragons track I have yet to make it to the third song "radioactive", I think of it as an Easter egg or hidden level :p

Lets be clear here, I'm just trying to help out those people who aren't "computer savvy". Also, saving people time... it took me a solid 8 hours to get it to this point.

#117 2 years ago

I just downloaded your ROM and installing now. Going to be fun to check it out!

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll post a link to my Metallica playing the songs I replaced and if anyone wants the ROM I'll send it. Just need to find video I took and also my notes with what songs I swapped in. Here's a video I happened to take last night playing Mustang with a couple of the songs I added. This video shows the song for Mustang MB ready; then Mustang MB; then the 2nd part of the Police Pursuit mode and Upgrade scoring.
I consider Mustang to be the best "music" pin out there just because it's music heavy and not based on a single band. So you really can have fun with the playlist versus with me wanting to stick with Metallica songs for Met.
» YouTube video

So we would just load this like a regular software update? Thanks!!

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So we would just load this like a regular software update? Thanks!!

That's exactly right. I keep using old terminology like "ROM" instead of software update.

#120 2 years ago

Sooo? Whatcha think? I realize it’s a departure from the hard rock theme but really works for me.

As a side note just hit my record high score (167mil on ball 1 alone!)

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

» YouTube video

Love the Zep, GnR, etc. Suits the theme well!

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from qmacaulay:

Sooo? Whatcha think? I realize it’s a departure from the hard rock theme but really works for me.

That classic mix of clips is pretty cool, just a little too "busy" for my head when playing. I found myself getting into a song and then it cut to another - which is cool because I really dig a good mashup, but just not when I'm playing. I'm a fan of that AC/DC Zep mashup and have it on my jukebox with other mashes. One track reminded my wife of the Total Nuclear pinball soundtrack that we had just heard at the York show. Good stuff for sure.

You'd enjoy Lobsterdust and his mashups if you haven't heard his stuff.

Yesterday I started replacing a few songs with non-Metallica ones to shake things up. I've been finding that Metallica pinball is just too much Metallica music - it makes the game much more intense, serious or something to me. We once again loved playing Aerosmith at the York show and it may not be a better game than Met and I may not like Aerosmith as much as Metallica - but their music is a fun match for the game.

I had a BLAST playing Met last night after replacing a few songs. This song in particular was so damn fun to hear when playing and made me smile. Got into a fun groove and was nailing left/right alternating ramp shots effortlessly.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from qmacaulay:

Love the Zep, GnR, etc. Suits the theme well!

Thanks! Last night I swapped out Weezer's Hash Pipe that plays during the Rally Race mode with Weezer's Everybody Get Dangerous and it's a nice match for that mode. My wife is a big Weezer fan and that was her suggestion.

I also took out Rob Zombie's Thunderkiss 65 from the Drag Race and Gear Shift multiballs (same song plays for both MBs). It was a little too hard of a song for the overall feel I'm going for with Mustang and Metallica covers the hard/metal songs anyway. I replaced with with a section of Devil Went Down to Georgia and it's a LOT of fun hearing it play during the MBs and is perfect with the other songs.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That classic mix of clips is pretty cool, just a little too "busy" for my head when playing. I found myself getting into a song and then it cut to another - which is cool because I really dig a good mashup, but just not when I'm playing. I'm a fan of that AC/DC Zep mashup and have it on my jukebox with other mashes. One track reminded my wife of the Total Nuclear pinball soundtrack that we had just heard at the York show. Good stuff for sure.
You'd enjoy Lobsterdust and his mashups if you haven't heard his stuff.
Yesterday I started replacing a few songs with non-Metallica ones to shake things up. I've been finding that Metallica pinball is just too much Metallica music - it makes the game much more intense, serious or something to me. We once again loved playing Aerosmith at the York show and it may not be a better game than Met and I may not like Aerosmith as much as Metallica - but their music is a fun match for the game.
I had a BLAST playing Met last night after replacing a few songs. This song in particular was so damn fun to hear when playing and made me smile. Got into a fun groove and was nailing left/right alternating ramp shots effortlessly.
» YouTube video

Too funny! I just saw baby driver last night. That song is in there a couple times and it totally works!

Thanks so much for the input and glad you liked some of the tracks! I may replace the classic rock mashup with this hocus-pocus track.

2 weeks later
#125 2 years ago

What are the songs that are used in special mode or MB?
Thanks

2 weeks later
#126 2 years ago

Concern1:
I have replaced the Songs on my Pin. I only changed the Files that had the song titles next to it. The other snippets of each song changed automaticly as we know. But now some of the previews, you choose your song for the game from, come in 3 second loops while others have 10, 15 or even more seconds. But I haven't made any other changes?!

Concern2:
I'd like to have a whole different song for the electric chair multiball. One that isn't in the list of choices. But how do I find out which snippet of Creeping Death or its replacement is the one of the multiball to change only this particular sequence? Is there a list showing which request is used for which part of the game?

1 month later
#127 1 year ago

Hi,
Just a question as now I replaced some songs.
I would like now to hear them louder compared to sounds effects. What is the adjustment to do?
Thanks

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Just a question as now I replaced some songs.
I would like now to hear them louder compared to sounds effects. What is the adjustment to do?
Thanks

Look at this thread for help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sam-menu-adjustments-music-volume#post-2454225

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i67zppydqztld6/MTL185.bin?dl=0
Link to my current Metallica Pro songs:
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Ride the Lightning
Moth Into Flame
Seek and Destroy
The End of the Line
The Four Horsemen
The Shortest Straw
Ain't My Bitch
Master of Puppets
Enter Sandman
Blackened
Battery
Fuel

Any chance of an LE version

#130 1 year ago

I’d love to see some LE versions. I have one but need to figure out where it is and how I can post it for download. Will try sometime here when I get time

2 months later
#131 1 year ago

I love the Metallica game, art, toys and layout. I just don’t care for Metallica music. I have considered getting one and calling it “Metallica’s Tour of Metal”
Like an inexpensive add on red label overlay on the translight.

I figure with the older style DMD, it would be a little easier to change some of the scrolling words etc.

I would use some of the more of the mass appeal stuff I’ve heard of and like.

1 month later
#132 1 year ago

Stern should do a new code update

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, SC
$ 229.99
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside