(Topic ID: 112144)

Metallica settings for 'casual' player...suggestions?

By Pinfactory2000

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

ok, so I love my metallica premium. But it seems the goal is to get a bunch of modes set to pop and then get a multiball going...and thats fun...but it just seems a bit like it all leads to the same multiball craziness.

I'm not a point hunter I guess. As much fun as multiball is every now and again, I really like completing different modes etc as an example, I'll play wh2o over and over just working to advance the raft as far as I can or complete another objective just to see what happens.

Truth be told, I pretty much suck at pinball. But I love it.

Suggestions for game settings to maximize my enjoyment but also keep it challenging?

#2 9 years ago

I'm a fairly decent player but do not like how some of the rules of Metallica play out. But good thing adjustments can be made!!! The following adjustments will carry over S&D shots , make blackened more attainable, make your hammer work phenomenal, and increase your chances for multiple CIU modes. IMO, these settings expand the rules so you're not constantly playing sparky mb so much.

Feature adjustments:
#19-yes
#28-1
#30-yes
#67-10
#68-1
#69-10
#70-1
#71-10
#72-1
#73-10
#74-1
#89-no
#128-yes

Regular adjustments:
#14-Points
#22-3
#48-7secs

Hope this helps

SKB

#3 9 years ago

you dont have to get multiballs to get end of the line lit up to start that. just need to hit the targets enough times to light it. stop shooting for sparky, shoot for the grave targets. two ball multi is a little easier to manage, and the super jackpot is great when the game goes all blue. still love metallica with the multiballs though

#4 9 years ago

I don't usually go for sparky. But it's such a grind to get to some of the other modes that sparky or grave mb is a must to assist. Just feels tedious at times. Still an awesome pin. Just a bit too one dimensional for my liking.

#5 9 years ago

So in general are you guys shooting snake, fuel, sparky and graves and then hoping to get other stuff done along the way or are you shooting for flashing targets and hoping to get the others hit along the way? Or neither?

7 months later
#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't usually go for sparky. But it's such a grind to get to some of the other modes that sparky or grave mb is a must to assist. Just feels tedious at times. Still an awesome pin. Just a bit too one dimensional for my liking.

So I finally installed these settings...Wow! I got a score about 4X my usual (ended at 196M)...It was a little too crazy though...So much going on at one time. Had at least 4 multi balls...Might dial it back a bit

6 years later
#7 2 years ago

What is the pitch level? Can’t find this answer anywhere!! No, I’m not screaming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-settings-for-casual-playersuggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.