Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jackson.jpg
james-hetfield-metallica-so-sold-out.jpg

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

OK dumb question time... which is a bigger Rock and Roll band ACDC or Metallica? And would Metallica sell as well as ACDC did/does? Assuming they played just as well. Noob question i know.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Monkey:

OK dumb question time... which is a bigger Rock and Roll band ACDC or Metallica? And would Metallica sell as well as ACDC did/does? Assuming they played just as well. Noob question i know.

ACDC is. Metallica does have a huge fan base and has recorded a lot of material, but is not as popular as ACDC. They(ACDC) made $440 million on black ice tour, have their songs used at several sports events, movie sound tracks and hell, even walmart adds on tv.

I believe a Metallica pin would still do well, but will not have the same "magical combination" that ACDC does. And yes, I do like metallica!

#103 6 years ago

Hopefully we will soon have the pleasure of finding out

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

I believe a Metallica pin would still do well, but will not have the same "magical combination" that ACDC does. And yes, I do like metallica!

What is a "magical combination"?

#105 6 years ago

What I'd like to see is what songs they use in this pin since Metallica owns all the masters and rights to there music as of Nov. 2012.It'll be up to the band and and not the record company.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'd rather have Iron Maiden, but could be worse...

Am I missing something here? No pinball maker has even come close to considering an Iron Maiden Pinball ever. The Iron Maiden Pinball that does exist has nothing to do with the band. Im not saying it would not be cool.... but come on people, at least consider talking about a theme that would have a small chance of being made. I would prefer Iron Maiden, but I think a band like Aerosmith would be more likely to actually be made.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

By that he means a rehashed layout with music you here everyday, and a great ruleset. That is all. When I say music you here everyday, I mean the mall, the grocery store, the radio, the dentist, commercials, Movies, TV shows, you name it. I don't dislike AC/DC i'm just sick of hearing them.

Post edited by PEN

#108 6 years ago

The Metallica pin was a 2013 NIB slam dunk for me until I remembered I don't really dig Borg/Stern games (they all see budget/empty: IM, BBH, Avatar, Tron & etc). I mean I dig em but not for $5750 to $6,750.

I'm open minded enough to buy one if it rocks of course but not open minded enough to buy a LE sight unseen. Honestly I'd rather buy a HUO premium in 2 years when the code is finished but my basement will need something new before then.

Hopefully they do a premium in all black, a LE in blue (ride the lightning) & a LE in red (kill em all)! The Pro version.... I don't even want to think about it.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

By that he means a rehashed layout with music you here everyday, and a great ruleset. That is all. When I say music you here everyday, I mean the mall, the grocery store, the radio, the dentist, commercials, Movies, TV shows, you name it. I don't dislike AC/DC i'm just sick of hearing them.
Post edited by PEN

I think the massive airplay is probably the main reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger on an ACDC pin. Don't get me wrong, Metallica is heard in commercials, stadiums, movies, and radio as well, but not quite as overplayed.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The Metallica pin was a 2013 NIB slam dunk for me until I remembered I don't really dig Borg/Stern games (they all see budget/empty: IM, BBH, Avatar, Tron & etc).

Borg also did GNR and X-Men, both of which are much more full featured... One would think those are better examples of what a Borg Metallica pin would be.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Borg also did GNR and X-Men, both of which are much more full featured... One would think those are better examples of what a Borg Metallica pin would be.

GNR is about as stripped down as it gets. Ironman has a moving monger, two magnets, tron has a never seen before spinner that puts amazing spin on the ball, Gnr doesn't seem to have any toys at all to me.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

GNR is about as stripped down as it gets. Ironman has a moving monger, two magnets, tron has a never seen before spinner that puts amazing spin on the ball, Gnr doesn't seem to have any toys at all to me.

GnR Stripped down? For starters, GnR has 3 magnets, the ramps are awesome and has the best match video of any other game(IMO). Tron and Ironman are still great games, however, they are 16 years newer.

#113 6 years ago

I don't see why Stern doesn't just re-release AC/DC every year with a different band license. Just change the music and art and you're good to go.

#114 6 years ago

It better have a mosh pit !

#115 6 years ago

the flashers better be amazing on One. In concert Metallica is fantastic! I've seen them over 20 times and never tire of them. I hope the pin is fast and furious. Would love to see a strobe multiball for one with game going dark and flashers going everywhere.

#116 6 years ago

How about a trapped under ice lower playfield.

#117 6 years ago

Button-mash - Don't tempt them Knowing Stern they just might do that. Seen it once with Shrek/Family Guy. lol I would rather see an Aerosmith than a Metallica personally, even though I love Metallica's music I feel like just with the P2K series, after watching Tilt, Metallica would be the George Lucas of it all and ultimately be the 'puppet masters' if you will, of all the rights and licenses which in my opinion would short hand the machines capability of what it could ultimately be. I wouldn't want a Metallica titled machine to end up in the ranks of an Avatar...

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It better have a mosh pit !

Or at least a stairway to heaven

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Or at least a stairway to heaven

Best kept secret.
Metallica or Zeppelin. I'll take either

#120 6 years ago

I am now officially worried about Waison doing the programming for the next pin, based on what I have read about the xmen update.

The way I see it, stern has two chances to get my 7K for Metallica.

1. Release a kick ass xmen code update before announcing Metallica.
2. Get Lyman involved in the code in a meaningful way.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What I mean is a theme that appeals to more than just pinheads, toys that fit the theme(cannon, train, bell) lighting, programming, sound and speed.

#122 6 years ago

As far as marketing and appeal:

Did some quick research.
Facebook Likes.

Eminem 64 Million
Michael Jackson 54 Million
Beatles 30.5 million
Metallica 28 Million
AC/DC 22 Million
Snoop Dogg 22 Million
Pink Floyd 20.3 Million
Guns n Roses 19 Million
Rolling Stones 11.6 Million
KISS 7.7 Million
Iron Maiden 7.5 Million
Led Zeppelin 7.3 Million
Elvis 6.9 Million
Black Sabbath 6 Million

#123 6 years ago

If they made a MJ pin would it have a Tommy "fiddle about" mode?

#124 6 years ago

Creeping Death multiball, progressive add-a-ball kinda like Star Trek Ferengi would be cool.

#125 6 years ago

If they made a MJ pin would it have a Tommy "fiddle about" mode?

Jackson.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mccordsville, IN
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside