(Topic ID: 51322)

UPDATED: Metallica RULES (how to play pro v. 1.51 rulesheet)

By movingpictures

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140607_193013.jpg
fuelallday.jpg
battery_crank.jpg
METPro-ShotMap.jpg
METPre-ShotMap.jpg
METLE-ShotMap.jpg
mppl_size.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks, this is awesome! Just a few comments...

Quoted from movingpictures:

Coffin Multiball (For Whom The Bell Tolls):
Shoot all four picks 3 times to activate lock.

Default is 2x picks = lock on the 1.06 code, and you can change this to 1x in settings.

And Justice for All...
Spell METALLICA by hitting ramps to activate mode.
Shoot any major shot to collect increasing awards as displayed on DMD.

Settings/Audits refers to this as "One Mode" since it's playing the music from "One". But I agree that AJFA makes more sense given the dots....

Hit captive ball 15 times to lite Extra Ball at scoop.

This # reflexes based on Extra Ball % setting.

You might also want to mention that Coffin MB is four-ball. The first time I got it, I thought I was stacking it with something.

#11 10 years ago

The hurry-ups seem random, but maybe they're not...

[EDIT: see 2 posts down]

#13 10 years ago

[EDITED] This is how hurry ups work:

Shooting any major shot lights the red spider insert for that shot. Think of that as the "selector";
it indicates where the next "award" will go:

* Shoot Sparky to award knife switch insert for selected shot
* Shoot Graveyard to award cross insert for selected shot
* Shoot Snake to award snake insert for 3 shots (configurable),
or 2 shots if only 2 remain.

Once the knife switch, cross and snake are all lit, that shot is will start the hurry up - even if the spider insert is no longer lit because you shot something else. When your ball drains, all inserts will go out.

There's a catch to this: shooting the Graveyard will also select the Graveyard shot (light its spider).

I LOVE the way this works. While you're playing, you're building up inserts for hurry ups. This rewards long balls and gives you another reason to shoot Graveyard, Sparky and Snake. This also creates an interesting strategy: build up hurry-up qualified shots, and then start MB when you have more than one.

I have a feeling that "Seek and Destroy" may have something to do with all of this too, once it's implemented. Or maybe it already is?

#16 10 years ago

I also noticed that hurry-up-qualified shots sometimes strobe, and sometimes they remain lit solid. I don't think this is a bug - it's trying to tell us something.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

CoOl !!
One of the thing i would Love to see in there is a timed multiball restart.

"Shoot FUEL lane to restart multiball", and then a 15 second countdown - that would be awesome.

#19 10 years ago

I'm getting pretty good at hitting the FUEL dead-end shot. I noticed that you have to hit the stationary target at the end to start double scoring (after spelling FUEL to qualify it). I'm going to concentrate on stacking double scoring with multiball.

BTW, I qualified all 5 shots for the hurry-up (with the glass off, of course), shot them all and then shot the captive ball, which gave me 12M points. Still no "Seek and Destroy".

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Hi Swampfire, is blow the fuse enabled yet (displayed to the right of the EB at the mystery scoop) ?
I assume you get all four multiball superjackpots, spell F-U-E-L, and collect 16 picks to light it.

I think you mean "Crank it Up". If that's implemented, I haven't found out what triggers it yet. I also noticed that the 4 big inserts don't always light up when I get a SJP. For example, I got a SJP during grave marker MB, but the grave marker insert between the flippers didn't light up.

#25 10 years ago

I had a friend over yesterday, and we were both getting EBs on almost every game (on factory defaults). Weird.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

you can NOT stack snake with sparky, or snake with graveyard or sparky with graveyard.

Thanks; I was wondering about that. I hope this changes in the final code; if you can only stack with Coffin MB and that's nearly impossible to get...no fun. At least double scoring stacks with everything.

#37 10 years ago

You can also stack hurry-ups with any MB. My son clobbered me just now by getting 3 hurry-ups lit, and starting double-scoring and Sparky MB.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

How about someone does a video like Alex did for WOZ? That would be great!!

There's something very clinical about a glass-off video, but I wouldn't mind doing a short one just to show what's going on with the inserts and hurry-ups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,600 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.