(Topic ID: 51322)

UPDATED: Metallica RULES (how to play pro v. 1.51 rulesheet)

By movingpictures

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140607_193013.jpg
fuelallday.jpg
battery_crank.jpg
METPro-ShotMap.jpg
METPre-ShotMap.jpg
METLE-ShotMap.jpg
mppl_size.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

mppl_size.jpgmppl_size.jpg

Metallica PRO RULE SHEET (v1.51)
latest revision: 08/05/14
v1.51 changes / additions

2 new user voted songs added:
Ride the Lightning / Blackened

CRANK IT UP

4 new crank it up modes added with major scoring opportunities and new animations:

For Whom The Bell Tolls
- Hit flashing shots. Seems to be the highest scoring mode on the Pro.

Fade to Black
- Bonus for flashing shots and hitting a set number of switches.

Battery
- Sparky bash mode

Enter Sandman
- Hit flashing shots. Seems to be the lowest scoring mode on the Pro.

To activate the first crank it up mode, 15 hits are required for each of the following:
Grave marker, sparky, snake, and coffin.
Each subsequent CIU requires 5 additional hits (ie. 20,25,30)

Coffin requires 15 captive ball hits, while all others can be scored by the associated shot or a lit corresponding insert on a ramp, loop, or grave marker.

Once all are completed, CIU will light at the scoop.
CIU can only be activated in single ball play.
Note: Seek & Destroy now carries over into CIU, unlike v1.50

CIU can be used to achieve monster scores or progress to END OF THE LINE.
To complete a CIU mode, you must hit each of the 4 major shots and finish at the scoop.
Any ramp or loop will award a jackpot.
Completing enough ramps or loops (or sparky hits in battery) will award a finishing bonus of 15mil+ depending on the mode.

After hitting the 4 major shots, followed by the scoop, you have the option to end of the mode and cash out or continue. Try to stack 2x scoring with the cashout for huge scores. Choosing to end the mode will give you the opportunity to relight a CIU bonus by quickly by hitting all arrow shots, which also score jackpots.

If you are playing for EOTL, finishing CIU quickly and relighting it is the way to go.

Other Changes:
Grave Marker Multiball – Ball saver extended.
After completing 5 jackpots, the cross will light for a double jackpot.
If you hit it, the magnet will hold the ball. You have a limited amount of time to knock the ball off the magnet for a SUPER JACK FUCKING POT.

Coffin Multiball – Locks can no longer be collected while in multiball on default settings. However, captive ball hits do count towards next lock if the lock is not lit.

Fuel – Ending a combo in the fuel lane will award a blown piston if the appropriate pop bumper hits have been completed. Ending a combo in the fuel lane will also award a jackpot, much like Tron. 10 blown pistons lights extra ball.

Combos – Extra ball requirement lowered to 20 instead of 25.

Mystery – Many new awards and a tiered system. Complete the rollovers multiple times for better awards.

Super Skill Shot - Holding the left flipper activates the super skill shot to any major shot. One lane will have all inserts flashing, hit it to light the hurry up with a second shot and have a chance to complete the lane.

Additionally... (thanks Snailman!)

- Any Super Skill Shot (not just the Super Hurry-Up) adds points to the base value of your next Skill Shot. I believe the Super Hurry-Up Skill Shot adds a higher amount of points to the base value.
- By holding the left flipper button, you can now skillfully plunge the upper left rollover lane for 2x Skill Shot, or the upper right rollover lane for 4x Skill Shot.
- I believe hitting the dead end lane for your Super Skill Shot will immediately qualify a 2x playfield upon your next shot to the dead end.

END OF THE LINE – Notes coming when I finally reach it.

v1.16 changes / additions:
- many new animations, display items and sounds.
- the major gameplay change is the snake lock:

This is available during any multiball.
Completing the guitar pick targets during multiball lights the snake
for a timed ball lock. Shooting the snake the first time locks the
ball and awards add-a-ball. While the ball is locked, all playfield
scores are 2X. Completing the guitar pick targets again while the
ball is locked in the snake will reset the timer. Once the timer
expires, the ball is released from the lock and playfield scores go
back to 1X. The ball can be re-locked for 2X playfield scores by
completing the guitar pick targets and shooting the snake, but an
additional ball will not be put into play.
- snake lock can be combined with FUEL for 4x scoring and HUGE scores.

revision 17/6/13
- added v.1.13 rules
v1.13 changes / additions:
Coffin multiball is now qualified by the captive ball, 5-10-10 hits per lock.
Combos can be ended at the 'Dead End' for combo jackpots.

Seek and Destroy mode added:
To qualify Seek and Destroy, you have to collect all 5 hurry ups.
--> Left orbit, grave marker, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.
To collect a hurry up you have to:
1) select shot with red spider arrow by shooting it once (red arrows are your 'selectors')
2) once an arrow is selected it will turn red.
3) then you must collect each of the three inserts in that lane (sparky, snake, and grave marker) by hitting each shot.
4) once you have collected all 3 inserts, the red arrow and all inserts will strobe
5) hit the lane once more to activate hurry up
6) hit captive ball to collect hurry up
Once you have completed a hurry up, the red arrow will strobe indicating that lane is done.
if you complete a hurry up, progress will be saved from ball to ball.
if you do not complete it, progress will be lost.
Complete all 5 hurry ups to activate Seek and Destroy:
You get a nice intro animation and call out, then the band rips into the thrash part of the song.
Timer counts down as the band plays on stage.
One lane will strobe, this is your 'SEEK' (also indicated on DMD)
Hit the lane for a jackpot and to add time, and the coffin shot will strobe.
Hit the coffin, this is your 'DESTROY', and you are awarded a super jackpot and a new animation / callout.
Repeat until time runs out or you lose your ball.
During the mode, any non-lit spider arrow will score a mini jackpot (250,000 and grows each shot).
At the end of ball or round, you will see your SEEK AND DESTROY total.
If it beats the current record, you make the scoreboard.

Skill Shot:
Shoot flashing rollover to score skillshot value (200,000 to start, grows each ball)
Hold left flipper to disable orbit up-post, hit any flashing major shot to score super skillshot value (350,000 to start, grows each ball)

Fuel:
Hit FUEL standups to add letters in FUEL.
Complete FUEL and fuel is added to your meter visible via lighted inserts in center of playfield.
Spell FUEL once, and the dead end shot (extreme left) is lit for timed double scoring (20 seconds, expires on drain)
Fill FUEL meter to activate FUEL mode - fast/double scoring mode on a timer - add FUEL by hitting standups. Run out of FUEL and mode ends.
During FUEL mode, any switch builds jackpot to be collected at dead end (500,000 max).
Outside FUEL mode, dead end awards 250,000 + a small bonus for any lit circles at dead end (by completing pop bumpers).

Electric Chair Multiball (Creeping Death):
Hit sparky 10 times to light multiball.
When one shot is remaining, Sparky will taunt you and the insert will strobe.
During multiball, fill Sparky's power meter by hitting lit shots.
Fill power completly, and center shot will strobe.
Hit to collect super jackpot.

Grave Marker Multiball (Master of Puppets):
Each grave marker hit adds to your end of ball bonus multiplier.
Knock down the 3 inline drops to expose grave marker.
Hit once and it will begin to strobe, hit a second time and magnet will hold ball for 2-ball multiball.
Hit any 5 flashing grave marker jackpots to qualify super jackpot.
Super jackpot can only be collected by hitting Cross.
Subsequent multiballs require more hits to the cross as indicated by DMD.

Snake Multiball (Sad but True):
Hit snake to add letters in SNAKE.
After the first hit, you must relite the Snake each time by shooting either left orbit, grave marker, or left ramp (Snake inserts are solid).
Complete letters in SNAKE and a white LED flasher behind the Snake will you let know multiball is ready.
Shoot once more to activate Snake for 2-ball multiball.
Score jackpots by shooting the snake or any lit snake insert.
Super jackpot is a mystery to me.

Coffin Hurry Up (thanks to detective swampfire):
Move the red arrow by shooting the ball that way.
Shooting Sparky lights the Switch for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Graveyard lights the grave marker for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Snake randomly lights 3 snake inserts, or all of them if you shoot it twice.
Once a shot has a Switch, Snake and Grave Marker lit, you can shoot it to start a hurry-up, even if its red arrow isn't lit. This starts the coffin flashing.
Coffin will strobe, hit captive ball to collect hurry-up (starts at 1.5 mil and counts down)
Multiple hurry-ups can be started / collected at once.
DMD incorrectly displays 20 million countdown on start.

Coffin Multiball (For Whom The Bell Tolls):
Coffin lock is qualified by captive ball hits.
5 hits to lite lock one, then 10 hits to light each subsequent lock.
Jackpots alternate between coffin and flashing red arrows.
Score enough jackpots and you will be awarded a super.

And Justice for All...
Spell Metallica by hitting ramps to activate mode.
Shoot any major shot to collect increasing awards as displayed on DMD.
Orbit up post is diabled for loops.

Mystery:
Complete all 5 lanes to lite Mystery.
Shoot scoop to collect random award (500,000 or FUEL currently)
Also useful during multiball to hold a ball for a few seconds while animation runs.
Mystery animation can be skipped by pressing both flippers.

Combos:
Complete 20 combos to become scoreboard 'Combo Champion'
Complete 25 combos to lite extra ball.

Extra Ball:
Hit captive ball 15 times (+/- depending on settings) to lite Extra Ball at scoop.
Shoot scoop to collect.
Animation can be skipped by pressing both flippers.

Special:
Collect 3 band members on one ball to lite outlane special.

Stacking:
FUEL + And Justice for All can be running or activated during any multiball and vital to high scores.
Snake, Coffin, and Grave Marker multiballs can all be stacked.
I don't believe any other multiball can be started during Electric Chair, I may be wrong.
Band Member Modes - Not yet implemented
Crank It Up Modes - Not yet implemented
END OF THE LINE Wizard Mode - Not yet implemented.

#2 10 years ago

Coffin will strobe, hit captive ball to collect hurry-up (starts at 1.5 mil and counts down)

-There is an error on V1.06 that says hit captive ball for 20 million. I caught this on video

#3 10 years ago

Thanks, this is awesome! Just a few comments...

Quoted from movingpictures:

Coffin Multiball (For Whom The Bell Tolls):
Shoot all four picks 3 times to activate lock.

Default is 2x picks = lock on the 1.06 code, and you can change this to 1x in settings.

And Justice for All...
Spell METALLICA by hitting ramps to activate mode.
Shoot any major shot to collect increasing awards as displayed on DMD.

Settings/Audits refers to this as "One Mode" since it's playing the music from "One". But I agree that AJFA makes more sense given the dots....

Hit captive ball 15 times to lite Extra Ball at scoop.

This # reflexes based on Extra Ball % setting.

You might also want to mention that Coffin MB is four-ball. The first time I got it, I thought I was stacking it with something.

#4 10 years ago

Edited rules for clarity, thanks for the comments guys.
I will keep updating this as I learn more and the code grows.

#5 10 years ago

Been waiting for this, thank you!

I have access to a location machine, will come back with more info if I can.

#6 10 years ago

I have a question about the orbit post...could it be controled by the player ?

I mean if you want it to go all the way around it does but if you want it to stop
the ball to go to the bumper you press the flipper button to get the Orbit post out.

Rules looks better already,thanks.

#7 10 years ago

Can you tell me if there is interactive DmD play in Metallica ?

Like ToM you can play Pinball on DmD
Like GnR you can ride a motorcycle on DmD
Like WWF you Wrestle on DmD

Thanks

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Can you tell me if there is interactive DmD play in Metallica ?
Like ToM you can play Pinball on DmD
Like GnR you can ride a motorcycle on DmD
Like WWF you Wrestle on DmD
Thanks

No

#9 10 years ago

I have a question about the orbit post...could it be controled by the player ?
I mean if you want it to go all the way around it does but if you want it to stop
the ball to go to the bumper you press the flipper button to get the Orbit post out.
Rules looks better already,thanks.

Only for the skillshot...

#10 10 years ago

Thanks!

I hope there will be interactive DmD playing...something aggresive and cool!

#11 10 years ago

The hurry-ups seem random, but maybe they're not...

[EDIT: see 2 posts down]

#12 10 years ago

I really hope there will be an Crazy Great finish...different but, Kind a like Scared Stiff!

#13 10 years ago

[EDITED] This is how hurry ups work:

Shooting any major shot lights the red spider insert for that shot. Think of that as the "selector";
it indicates where the next "award" will go:

* Shoot Sparky to award knife switch insert for selected shot
* Shoot Graveyard to award cross insert for selected shot
* Shoot Snake to award snake insert for 3 shots (configurable),
or 2 shots if only 2 remain.

Once the knife switch, cross and snake are all lit, that shot is will start the hurry up - even if the spider insert is no longer lit because you shot something else. When your ball drains, all inserts will go out.

There's a catch to this: shooting the Graveyard will also select the Graveyard shot (light its spider).

I LOVE the way this works. While you're playing, you're building up inserts for hurry ups. This rewards long balls and gives you another reason to shoot Graveyard, Sparky and Snake. This also creates an interesting strategy: build up hurry-up qualified shots, and then start MB when you have more than one.

I have a feeling that "Seek and Destroy" may have something to do with all of this too, once it's implemented. Or maybe it already is?

#14 10 years ago

CoOl !!

One of the thing i would Love to see in there is a timed multiball restart.

#15 10 years ago

A BIG THANK YOU !

You went to a lot of work to do that for us on the forum !

#16 10 years ago

I also noticed that hurry-up-qualified shots sometimes strobe, and sometimes they remain lit solid. I don't think this is a bug - it's trying to tell us something.

#17 10 years ago

CoOl !!
One of the thing i would Love to see in there is a timed multiball restart.

"Shoot FUEL lane to restart multiball", and then a 15 second countdown - that would be awesome.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

"Shoot FUEL lane to restart multiball", and then a 15 second countdown - that would be awesome.

Yup! That would be could

#19 10 years ago

I'm getting pretty good at hitting the FUEL dead-end shot. I noticed that you have to hit the stationary target at the end to start double scoring (after spelling FUEL to qualify it). I'm going to concentrate on stacking double scoring with multiball.

BTW, I qualified all 5 shots for the hurry-up (with the glass off, of course), shot them all and then shot the captive ball, which gave me 12M points. Still no "Seek and Destroy".

#20 10 years ago

Hi Swampfire, is blow the fuse enabled yet (displayed to the right of the EB at the mystery scoop) ?
I assume you get all four multiball superjackpots, spell F-U-E-L, and collect 16 picks to light it.

Quoted from swampfire:

I'm getting pretty good at hitting the FUEL dead-end shot. I noticed that you have to hit the stationary target at the end to start double scoring (after spelling FUEL to qualify it). I'm going to concentrate on stacking double scoring with multiball.
BTW, I qualified all 5 shots for the hurry-up (with the glass off, of course), shot them all and then shot the captive ball, which gave me 12M points. Still no "Seek and Destroy".

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Hi Swampfire, is blow the fuse enabled yet (displayed to the right of the EB at the mystery scoop) ?
I assume you get all four multiball superjackpots, spell F-U-E-L, and collect 16 picks to light it.

I think you mean "Crank it Up". If that's implemented, I haven't found out what triggers it yet. I also noticed that the 4 big inserts don't always light up when I get a SJP. For example, I got a SJP during grave marker MB, but the grave marker insert between the flippers didn't light up.

#22 10 years ago

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks.

Quoted from swampfire:

I think you mean "Crank it Up". If that's implemented, I haven't found out what triggers it yet. I also noticed that the 4 big inserts don't always light up when I get a SJP. For example, I got a SJP during grave marker MB, but the grave marker insert between the flippers didn't light up.

#23 10 years ago

updated:

coffin hurry ups (thx swamp)
coffin multiball
combos
special

#24 10 years ago

I have got lite extra ball in the mystery hole yesterday!

#25 10 years ago

I had a friend over yesterday, and we were both getting EBs on almost every game (on factory defaults). Weird.

#27 10 years ago

the stacking hierarchy for multiballs seems to have reversed between 1.03 and 1.06

#28 10 years ago

Hi Swampfire, I think that if you drain with double scoring going, you get double the end-of-ball bonus
right ?

#29 10 years ago

What happened to weekly updates - hopefully there is a code drop this week.

What I'm really hoping for is band member modes by the time the LEs ship.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What happened to weekly updates - hopefully there is a code drop this week.
What I'm really hoping for is band member modes by the time the LEs ship.

Have been thinking the same thing myself

#31 10 years ago

Mine shipped Friday. It's at the terminal now. Wondering if I am going to get 1.03 or 1.06? I will have 1.06 loaded on a flash drive ready for tomorrow night either way. Can't wait for my unboxing party.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Mine shipped Friday. It's at the terminal now. Wondering if I am going to get 1.03 or 1.06? I will have 1.06 loaded on a flash drive ready for tomorrow night either way. Can't wait for my unboxing party.

Weekly updates sounds annoying. I'd rather have monthly meaningful updates unless there is a major bug.

#33 10 years ago

1.6 code: this is with GLASS off.

you can stack snake multiball only with coffin multiball.
you can stack grave marker multiball only with coffin multiball.
you can stack coffin with sparky mball (in that order only)

you can NOT stack snake with sparky, or snake with graveyard or sparky with graveyard.

#34 10 years ago

It would be awesome if Lyman added something for the song rules, not necessarily like AC/DC, but maybe more like Dr. Who where the song you pick "Enhances" that rule/shot. For Example Choose FUEL for your song and FUEL is easier to fill/buildup, or choose Sad but True (Snake Multiball) and the snake shot can be shot twice before relighting on a ramp (just for example).

I loved the Strategy in DW when you used different doctors to build different modes faster/easier.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

you can NOT stack snake with sparky, or snake with graveyard or sparky with graveyard.

Thanks; I was wondering about that. I hope this changes in the final code; if you can only stack with Coffin MB and that's nearly impossible to get...no fun. At least double scoring stacks with everything.

#36 10 years ago

So 3 MBs stack with Coffin. And can stack FUEL and the METALLICA letters/ramp mode(Whats it call?)

#37 10 years ago

You can also stack hurry-ups with any MB. My son clobbered me just now by getting 3 hurry-ups lit, and starting double-scoring and Sparky MB.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My son clobbered me just now by getting 3 hurry-ups lit, and starting double-scoring and Sparky MB.

LOL - smashed by junior - shameful mate

I must work on these hurry ups and then post up a good score here !
Mates coming around tonight so there a big chance

#39 10 years ago

METALLICA PRO RULE SHEET (V1.06)by: movingpictures (AJK)

How about someone does a video like Alex did for WOZ? That would be great!!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

There's something very clinical about a glass-off video, but I wouldn't mind doing a short one just to show what's going on with the inserts and hurry-ups.

#42 10 years ago

Now that I know some of the rules I went back and watch Lymans gameplay. I think he is showing us the way to stacking.

He starts by setting modes and multiballs up on ball 1. Pic Targets, hurry ups, snake then fuel. He does not go straight for MB on ball one.

Stacks fuel with grave and almost stacks coffin with Electric Chair MB. At the end he starts Injustice for All hammering the ramps and back handing the right...but lost it.

Man if you could stack everything together you will crush it.

#43 10 years ago

In 1.03 you could stack Snake and Gravemarker by having Snake qualified to start during Gravemarker and then hitting the flashing Snake shot.

I suggest moving back to 1.03 until major revisions occur.

Quoted from Av8:

So 3 MBs stack with Coffin. And can stack FUEL and the METALLICA letters/ramp mode(Whats it call?)

#44 10 years ago

Can someone give me a hint on what to look for when trying to see what else is on the v1.06 code. IE: Software used to view screen animations and hear unused callouts.

2 weeks later
#45 10 years ago

updated v1.13 code

#46 10 years ago

Shot maps!

METLE-ShotMap.jpgMETLE-ShotMap.jpg METPre-ShotMap.jpgMETPre-ShotMap.jpg METPro-ShotMap.jpgMETPro-ShotMap.jpg

#47 10 years ago

Those are awesome! I'm going to use the Pro version on my apron.
Can you make a matching Free Play with design team names on it too?

Kevin

EDIT: Now I see it's the wrong ratio and won't work without having the layers of each element.
I guess it's just a portion of the shot map Stern made up.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Those are awesome! I'm going to use the Pro version on my apron.
Can you make a matching Free Play with design team names on it too?
Kevin
EDIT: Now I see it's the wrong ratio and won't work without having the layers of each element.
I guess it's just a portion of the shot map Stern made up.

Dude... Yes. Someone with more smarts than I needs to size those up for some awesome scorecards!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Dude... Yes. Someone with more smarts than I needs to size those up for some awesome scorecards!

Yes resize please

#50 10 years ago

Nice compilation. THanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-rules-how-to-play-pro-v-106-rulesheet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.