• Latest reply 11 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

They're gonna ship with X-Men playfields! LOL

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

XMEN is awesome! The last software update brought coherency and fun back to the game. We haven't seen the last update either. Great game.

...but will they be able to get rid of Shittybeast!??!?! That is the ultimate question...lol

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I sold my Xmen due to that board. It better be gone. NIB should not mean stressing about wether or not your game will fry.

Lotta magnets and mechanical stuff has me thinking we might see the Aux board on Prem/LE. Should be fine though. It was never a problem on AC/DC and it looks like they figured out whatever it was that was causing the issues on Xmen.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

...and this will be a good test. One difference between tftc and metallica is in the sound hardware. Metallica is mono and tftc is stereo, so it will be interesting to hear the differences right next to each other. Can a mono 20 year newer sound board sound better than an older stereo board. We'll see... Or hear as it were...

It may be Stereo, but it's got scratchy/distorted low quality voice samples and "MIDI" type of video-gamey music. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE video-gamey type of music...but the "real" music quality of Stones, AC/DC, and Metallica is just something DE could never do. Listen to Tommy or GnR...sure, stereo...but the sampled music & vocals sound pretty horrible by today's standards.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They sounded horrible next to the DCS sound games at the time too...that's my one real legitimate knock on the Data East games.

Yup...at the end of the day that was a bit part in my decision to say bye-bye to DEs and Segas when whittling my collection down a bit. Sound quality goes a long way. DE games still have some pretty exciting soundtracks though - gotta give credit to composers who use limited hardware to the best of their ability. I'm still teetering on whether to keep or sell my last DE - Tommy. Sure the vocals sound like ass, but I still really dig the tunes themselves...even though they're "video gamey" sounding, they're fun and keep me engaged.

...but anyway - you turn on AC/DC and that game just POUNDS and sounds great. Yeah, it's not audiophile stereo system great, but it's extremely clean & crisp...no one who's come over to play it has been disappointed w/ the audio. I'm sure Metallica will be the same...but prob need a better sub since it's not coming w/ the giant one in AC/DC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pros-are-on-the-line?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.