New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 48232)

METALLICA pros are on the line!

By zucot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

met.jpg
image.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Kelly1978:

Why do people care about single or double slot coin doors? Really make a difference for home game rooms?

Because single coin doors mean they are going over seas. Double coin doors are for US and Canada. Since there are double coin door slots that means they are producing games for the US and I will get mine soon.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Kelly1978:

Why do people care about single or double slot coin doors? Really make a difference for home game rooms?

Yes. One looks like crap and one doesn't...plus, what he said. ^

#53 7 years ago

Henry Ford would be proud!

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but will they be able to get rid of Shittybeast!??!?! That is the ultimate question...lol

Heard they are using a Marvel actor to do voice work for Metallica. Who would have known.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I heard the coin doors on Metallica took 12 minutes to develop.

Dude watch your language you're gonna get banned from Pinside!

#56 7 years ago

maybe at Gameworks? Jpop

#57 7 years ago

This being the first new pin I've been around for the release of, I'm surprised at how soon after announcing it they have it ready to be produced. I hope somewhere near me puts one on location so I can try it out, I've been bashing metallica a lot in other threads but this game just looks plain fun from the lay out and the art work.

#58 7 years ago

Stern is going to sell a TON of these I bet

Its got the Art, rock music, good looking layout & the right programmer.

Theres a very well featured Pro along with 2 premium options & a sold out LE model.

Cha Ching, Stern is making a game that seems great for owners & operators!

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

maybe at Gameworks? Jpop

Someone check gameworks, stat!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

They wont get them for 6 weeks. They send them over there first because of the long boat ride.

Jesus,

When I ship gear to europe its on the boat for 21 days.

chris

#61 7 years ago

I used to say that...until Metallica Premium came out!

#62 7 years ago

Metallica may actually ship before WOZ!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Kelly1978:

The reference is the single slot door is for European market. Those game are shipped first.
It's always been this way. The 2-slot doors are USA/Canada.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

Metallica may actually ship before WOZ!

May? LOL

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lotta magnets and mechanical stuff has me thinking we might see the Aux board on Prem/LE. Should be fine though. It was never a problem on AC/DC and it looks like they figured out whatever it was that was causing the issues on Xmen.

The aux board was finally fixed. They are on a revision B now. They identifed the issue as a shared ground between the 50v and 5v circuits on the board. Under certain circumstances there would be "ground hop" between the 2 circuits which would fry the logic chip which lead to the weird behavior with the NCs and mags. It would fry the coils by leaving them energized and ultimately the board itself.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The reference is the single slot door is for European market. Those game are shipped first.
It's always been this way. The 2-slot doors are USA/Canada.

Tron LE's had a single slot door for USA/Canada.

LTG : )

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

TRON LE's had a single slot door for USA/Canada.

Pretty sure Canada got a 2 slot I thought...USA got the 1 slotter

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern is going to sell a TON of these I bet
Its got the Art, rock music, good looking layout & the right programmer.
Theres a very well featured Pro along with 2 premium options & a sold out LE model.
Cha Ching, Stern is making a game that seems great for owners & operators!

+1

#69 7 years ago

Can not wait to play that game,the look is AMAZING on the machine
not a big fan of Metallica but the layout looks like a winner and the toys
are simly stunning.

Cool to see them on the Line.

#70 7 years ago

I really don't understand how you guys can say "it looks like it's going to play good". In my pinball experiences, looks mean nothing until you plunge the ball. Don't kid yourself.

But I bought one so I'm hoping you're right! Personally, I trust Borg that it will play good, but I can't go as far to say that it looks like it will.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're gonna ship with X-Men playfields! LOL

No, those are going to Goodwill.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I really don't understand how you guys can say "it looks like it's going to play good". In my pinball experiences, looks mean nothing until you plunge the ball. Don't kid yourself.
But I bought one so I'm hoping you're right! Personally, I trust Borg that it will play good, but I can't go as far to say that it looks like it will.

Agreed. I thought Avengers was going to be a great Pin. IMO it's not. And don't get me started on X-MEN

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

TRON LE's had a single slot door for USA/Canada.

Very True.

#74 7 years ago

Only because they ran out of the 2 coin slot doors and didn't think people would mind. They and their distribs got complaints, though i don't think they ever offered a replacement.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

for me it's just that I like the artwork and the lay out. The toys look like fun. I agree I don't get people claiming it'll be the greatest game based on pics but you can decide if it looks like a lay out will be fun or not. It may be that the rules are shallow and bad but it can still be fun to play for a while based on the lay out alone even if it does lack depth

#77 7 years ago

This game just looks like the right move for Stern. Great multiple shot layout from what I can see and the toys as well. For me since I have TFTC and like Borg pins like GNR this one appears to be what I consider an updated TFTC pin for me.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This game just looks like the right move for Stern. Great multiple shot layout from what I can see and the toys as well. For me since I have TFTC and like Borg pins like GNR this one appears to be what I consider an updated TFTC pin for me.

...and this will be a good test. One difference between tftc and metallica is in the sound hardware. Metallica is mono and tftc is stereo, so it will be interesting to hear the differences right next to each other. Can a mono 20 year newer sound board sound better than an older stereo board. We'll see... Or hear as it were...

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

though i don't think they ever offered a replacement.

They did.....but it cost money....and at the time, paying 5100 for a nib LE was a lot (seems cheap now)
I kept the one slot on mine

#80 7 years ago

Anyone have a price on this one?? Where should I buy?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

...and this will be a good test. One difference between tftc and metallica is in the sound hardware. Metallica is mono and tftc is stereo, so it will be interesting to hear the differences right next to each other. Can a mono 20 year newer sound board sound better than an older stereo board. We'll see... Or hear as it were...

It may be Stereo, but it's got scratchy/distorted low quality voice samples and "MIDI" type of video-gamey music. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE video-gamey type of music...but the "real" music quality of Stones, AC/DC, and Metallica is just something DE could never do. Listen to Tommy or GnR...sure, stereo...but the sampled music & vocals sound pretty horrible by today's standards.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from 2LiveCrew:

Anyone have a price on this one?? Where should I buy?

Welcome to Pinside - prices are typically not talked about based on the Private nature of the quoting process. I would recommend Game exchange - you can PM me for his information. I have gotten 4 games from him - nothing but good things to say about him. Other good distributors as well on pinside.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but the sampled music & vocals sound pretty horrible by today's standards

They sounded horrible next to the DCS sound games at the time too...that's my one real legitimate knock on the Data East games.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They sounded horrible next to the DCS sound games at the time too...that's my one real legitimate knock on the Data East games.

Yup...at the end of the day that was a bit part in my decision to say bye-bye to DEs and Segas when whittling my collection down a bit. Sound quality goes a long way. DE games still have some pretty exciting soundtracks though - gotta give credit to composers who use limited hardware to the best of their ability. I'm still teetering on whether to keep or sell my last DE - Tommy. Sure the vocals sound like ass, but I still really dig the tunes themselves...even though they're "video gamey" sounding, they're fun and keep me engaged.

...but anyway - you turn on AC/DC and that game just POUNDS and sounds great. Yeah, it's not audiophile stereo system great, but it's extremely clean & crisp...no one who's come over to play it has been disappointed w/ the audio. I'm sure Metallica will be the same...but prob need a better sub since it's not coming w/ the giant one in AC/DC.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

single slot coindoors.

How many coins can you install at a time?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How many coins can you install at a time?

Yeah I guess I am missing the joke here. The point of saying it was a single slot coin door was referencing the machines going over seas and me having to wait on the US versions.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It may be Stereo, but it's got scratchy/distorted low quality voice samples and "MIDI" type of video-gamey music. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE video-gamey type of music...but the "real" music quality of Stones, AC/DC, and Metallica is just something DE could never do. Listen to Tommy or GnR...sure, stereo...but the sampled music & vocals sound pretty horrible by today's standards.

Couldn't agree more. Also, TFTC has probably the most annoying sound package of all time, to my ears. Keep your barely noticeable stereo; I'll take mono AC/DC and Tron with high bit rate samples and well-placed voices & sound effects.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Yeah I guess I am missing the joke here.

In hindsite, most of the machines I ever played on route always seemed to have one coin slot not working. Add that to the quality of todays product, and having two seems like a must.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Otsego, MN
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside