(Topic ID: 70317)

Metallica Pro/Premium/LE, dead in the water...

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asshat1.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, Metallica Pro was my first NIB purchase, and I couldn't have been more excited!!

That feeling has since changed. Considerably...

First off: It's an awesome title, incredible artwork, great flow, fun fun FUN!

Here's the thing... It ends there.

Zero communication regarding updates, which are artfully avoided for some reason (we have two factory released modes that don't even exist, by play or by acknowledgement).

I had a faulty DMD which I sent back and got a credit card charge for $100 for shipping between suppliers/Stern.

There are multiple design faults (which have mostly been acknowledged/rectified by Stern, but not all).

And we're now at a point where the game is an after-thought by the company. There will be no second, third, fourth run etc. as there have been with other successful titles that I can see.

I am a home buyer, so I will admit that things don't revolve around me, but I expected more.

Feeling: Bitter.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If you arent willing to be patient & wait for the code updates I suggest avoiding NIB's from stern.

There was no indication that the game was far from finished when I purchased it. Saying I should be "willing" to wait months for updates is no better a defense as far as supporting them is concerned.

#5 10 years ago

Of course I knew it wasn't done, code-wise, but they should have been a HELL of a lot closer than this.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

There never is any indication of when the code will be complete. It usually takes 6 months to a year for it to be at what most would consider polished. My point is that its not like this just happened out of the blue starting with Metallica. Its been their model for years now.

If I buy a car that has "twin turbo" plastered on it, I'm going to assume that it does, in fact, have twin turbo.

If I buy a pinball machine that has "END OF THE LINE", and "CRANK IT UP", AND references to those modes plastered on the playing area, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect those highlights to see the light of day before the next title release. (or the one after that)

Do you?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I understand your frustration, Just making a point its nothing new from Stern. If it is bothering you that much sell it and move on. When the code is at a level that you like you can always buy it again.

I do actually understand what you're saying, and agree to a certain extent. If you look back through the code-crying threads you will see that my involvement has been minimal. I've always wanted to give this title the benefit of the doubt, but of course it's just the same nonsense.

I guess getting a bill for $100 today from my distributor for a faulty DMD that was under "warranty" was enough to tip me over to the other side of the fence...

Very expensive lesson learned.

#32 10 years ago

I purchased the game through Nitro Amusements in Vancouver. I called them with the problem and, because I live about 4 hours away from Vancouver, they told me to call Starburst Cineplex directly (the main Canadian distributor).

When I phoned Starburst I had to give them all of the details I would expect to have to provide, but I should have clued in when they asked for my credit card number. Naively though, I just thought it was part of the process. After about a month I received my replacement dmd and had to ship the faulty one back to Starburst (at my cost). Then yesterday I receive a receipt for $70+ for shipping from starburst to me AND shipping twice between starburst and stern.

Unhappy to say the least...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Who told you this?

I felt "that I can see" would have made it clear that it was only my opinion, but I guess not.

In my opinion, I don't see multiple runs of a broken title.

1 week later
#59 10 years ago

I'd like to report that I received a private message from Tommy (president of Nitro Amusements) saying that he saw this thread and was very disappointed in Starburst for charging me the shipping costs of the warranty replacement.

Furthermore, he has offered to reimburse me for the $100 it cost me in total shipping. Pretty stand up move if you ask me. I had long since resigned myself to the fact that I was simply out $100, so the gesture means a lot to me.

For what it's worth, all of the dealings I've had directly with Nitro have been very positive and this experience (especially now) will not dissuade me from dealing with them again in the future. Thanks Tommy!

Cheers,
Greg

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from gregfilek:

It would seem from your posts that you have owned your Metallica for well over 6 months. Depending on when you made your claim, the warranty is probably done. Stern gives a 90 day warranty. I would talk to the reseller that you purchased the game from, If they are extending the warranty to 1 year then it is their responsibility. Even in the first 90 days that there is warranty the reseller has the responsibility to handle all problems and correspond with the Master distributer. Its sound like your reseller has been just passing the buck by telling you to contact Starburst directly. In fact if you didn't make the claim within the 90 days then Starburst and Stern should probably receive a reimbursement from you for the display.

Hi Greg.

I've owned the Metallica Pro since June 15th, 2013. My call into Starburst was on September 7th and was noted on the account by Guylaine that this was within the 3 months. Also, when I spoke with the service guy at Starburst he told me that DMD's were actually covered for a longer period than the 3 months standard factory warranty, but regardless I was definitely covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Cheers,
Greg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-propremiumle-dead-in-the-water?tu=triumvirat73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.