(Topic ID: 70317)

Metallica Pro/Premium/LE, dead in the water...

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asshat1.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

I also had a faulty DMD in my MET Pro and Stern sent me a new one free of any charges (including shipping). I've also received several other parts free of charges. Stern's QA isn't great (to be polite, but their product support makes up for it. The distributer shouldn't be charging you anything. You should deny the credit card charge…period. At most, a modest shipping charge might be reasonable.

For good or bad, these machines are now being targeted at pinball fanatics/hobbyists (who don't mind dealing with all the NIB "speed bumps"). When I started in 2004, I didn't even want to remove the glass and lift a PF…now I'm restoring machines and doing all my own maintenance and repairs.

#25 10 years ago

There is no need to go through your distributor to get a replacement part. All you need to do is contact Stern with your serial number and they will send it to your home. They know who your distributor is based on the serial number.

The problem with the Stern business model is distributors rarely earn their money when selling a pinball machine. Most distributors are remote and can't possibly do much to support you. Local distributors that do free "house calls" when supporting a NIB purchase are an exception.

While it would be great to have Stern reps "chime in" on Pinside, it wouldn't solve your problem.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I contacted Stern, gave them the proper info, and was still directed back to the distributor. (this was after a few back and forth emails) That was from one of the main people in the warranty department. Ive also heard of people getting things directly from Stern as well, like you said. I probably could have thrown a fit and gotten it from them myself, but my distributor is pretty easy to deal with, so I didn't bother.
OP, you got a raw deal on having to pay for anything regarding parts under warranty. Whether or not they can technically do it, to me it's still not right. Would they have charged you to ship a whole new play field or cabinet? It's bullshit.

Interesting. I guess they want the distributors to pre-screen to help take the load off? Some of us have been buying Stern NIB pins for quite awhile, so maybe they deal directly with folks they've already established a relationship with. If they've adopted a new policy, they are likely to implement it with new customers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.50
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-propremiumle-dead-in-the-water?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.