(Topic ID: 70317)

Metallica Pro/Premium/LE, dead in the water...

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asshat1.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Both of you being 1st time buyers of Stern's NIB are experiencing what many have been used to for years from Stern. This is nothing new for stern in regards to code updates. If you arent willing to be patient & wait for the code updates I suggest avoiding NIB's from stern.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

There was no indication that the game was far from finished when I purchased it. Saying I should be "willing" to wait months for updates is no better a defense as far as supporting them is concerned.

There never is any indication of when the code will be complete. It usually takes 6 months to a year for it to be at what most would consider polished. My point is that its not like this just happened out of the blue starting with Metallica. Its been their model for years now.

#9 10 years ago

If I buy a car that has "twin turbo" plastered on it, I'm going to assume that it does, in fact, have twin turbo.
If I buy a pinball machine that has "END OF THE LINE", and "CRANK IT UP", AND references to those modes plastered on the playing area, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect those highlights to see the light of day before the next title release. (or the one after that)
Do you?

I understand your frustration, Just making a point its nothing new from Stern. If it is bothering you that much sell it and move on. When the code is at a level that you like you can always buy it again.

#11 10 years ago

I do actually understand what you're saying, and agree to a certain extent. If you look back through the code-crying threads you will see that my involvement has been minimal. I've always wanted to give this title the benefit of the doubt, but of course it's just the same nonsense.
I guess getting a bill for $100 today from my distributor for a faulty DMD that was under "warranty" was enough to tip me over to the other side of the fence...
Very expensive lesson learned.

I would definitely contact Stern & ask why you were billed anything for a faulty DMD, That should have been taken care of. As for the rest i'd just hold tight and keep playing it since its still a very fun game as it stands right now.

#12 10 years ago

http://sternpinball.com/downloads/ACDC_LE_readme.txt

http://sternpinball.com/downloads/TRN_LE_readme.txt

Here are a couple examples of the timeline it took Stern to get their code to a acceptable level for 2 of their most popular titles of the last few years. I'd expect about the same wait for Metallica especially since a lot of their early work needed to be applied to getting the LE/Premium Lock assembly to work at a reasonable rate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-propremiumle-dead-in-the-water?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.