(Topic ID: 70317)

Metallica Pro/Premium/LE, dead in the water...

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asshat1.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who the hell "defers" to the car analogy?
The truth is that you got it wrong (just like the rest of your post). What is agreed is that if you make a cargument, you lose the debate.
'Nuf said.

To wit!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

his BS of going through Your Distributor for sales and service is a PITA!

HUH???

When my DMD failed on Tron JJ (Gexchange) had contacted Stern on my behalf and had an advance replacement at my door the day after next. How is that a PITA? Because I had to send the faulty one back to them, postage paid?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Both of you being 1st time buyers of Stern's NIB are experiencing what many have been used to for years from Stern. This is nothing new for stern in regards to code updates. If you arent willing to be patient & wait for the code updates I suggest avoiding NIB's from stern.

Unfortunately, I think Metallica has been more egregious than any Stern NIB to date. At least X-Men had an update by Christmas 2012 (albeit a crappy update but still an update). I think sometimes when you only own 1-3 machines, the time waiting for an update can seem like eons. I have since gotten an XBox One and a PS4 to take me away from the lack of updates. Otherwise, I would be going mad waiting for an update.

Anyway, I'm in support of the OP on this one.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

At the risk of pissing off every Stern owner on here, here goes.
Simply stated, Stern sucks. Always has, always will. They have the durability of a potato chip. Build quality can be subpar. Themes are stale, by & large they're just promos of mediocre movies mostly viewed by 12-17 year-old fanboys. As far as their entry into their "music era' of pins....come on-AC/DC? Metallica? These bands were decent say, oh 15-20 years ago, but certainly not now. Were they popular? Yes. But the pins featuring them seem almost like the nerdy kid in school who wasn't ''hip' and just listened to the music everyone else was into, even if he didn't like it himself. People do this to fit in. To wit, look at how many newer Sterns are up on the market after the honeymoon phase has worn off. They're not keepers. There are many different reasons, I'm sure, but I won't go there.
Have I actually PLAYED a new Stern? Yup-every one of them. I don't hate them all, but I'm hard pressed to tell you my favorite.
Guys on this forum usually seem to defer to the car analogy and I'll play along. Stern's are the Dodge's of the pinball community. Apologies to Dodge owners.

To quote Cameron Frye: "Pardon my French, but you're an Asshole"

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

To quote Cameron Frye: "Pardon my French, but your an Asshole"

"Pardon my French, but you're an Asshole"

Corrected it for ya!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

"Pardon my French, but you're an Asshole"
Corrected it for ya!

Thanks.

#57 10 years ago

I had a dead sparky coil within the first 90. Emailed distributor on a Monday, had replacement parts in hand that Friday at no cost to me. Now as a newbie, i was a bit surprised to see there was NO instructions at all... But i got by and had sparky up and running that evening.

Sounds like either u were past warrantee period or got shafted by the layers of middle men between u and stern. Shipping to canada may play a factor i guess...

Either way i think Metallica is fun now and im hopeful for an update to implement missing features soon. Havent lost hope yet.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I purchased the game through Nitro Amusements in Vancouver. I called them with the problem and, because I live about 4 hours away from Vancouver, they told me to call Starburst Cineplex directly (the main Canadian distributor).
When I phoned Starburst I had to give them all of the details I would expect to have to provide, but I should have clued in when they asked for my credit card number. Naively though, I just thought it was part of the process. After about a month I received my replacement dmd and had to ship the faulty one back to Starburst (at my cost). Then yesterday I receive a receipt for $70+ for shipping from starburst to me AND shipping twice between starburst and stern.
Unhappy to say the least...

That is BS.....Call Guylaine at Playdium. I had a DMD go out on my ACDC, replaced at no change.

#59 10 years ago

I'd like to report that I received a private message from Tommy (president of Nitro Amusements) saying that he saw this thread and was very disappointed in Starburst for charging me the shipping costs of the warranty replacement.

Furthermore, he has offered to reimburse me for the $100 it cost me in total shipping. Pretty stand up move if you ask me. I had long since resigned myself to the fact that I was simply out $100, so the gesture means a lot to me.

For what it's worth, all of the dealings I've had directly with Nitro have been very positive and this experience (especially now) will not dissuade me from dealing with them again in the future. Thanks Tommy!

Cheers,
Greg

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from gregfilek:

It would seem from your posts that you have owned your Metallica for well over 6 months. Depending on when you made your claim, the warranty is probably done. Stern gives a 90 day warranty. I would talk to the reseller that you purchased the game from, If they are extending the warranty to 1 year then it is their responsibility. Even in the first 90 days that there is warranty the reseller has the responsibility to handle all problems and correspond with the Master distributer. Its sound like your reseller has been just passing the buck by telling you to contact Starburst directly. In fact if you didn't make the claim within the 90 days then Starburst and Stern should probably receive a reimbursement from you for the display.

Hi Greg.

I've owned the Metallica Pro since June 15th, 2013. My call into Starburst was on September 7th and was noted on the account by Guylaine that this was within the 3 months. Also, when I spoke with the service guy at Starburst he told me that DMD's were actually covered for a longer period than the 3 months standard factory warranty, but regardless I was definitely covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Cheers,
Greg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-propremiumle-dead-in-the-water/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.