(Topic ID: 117120)

Metallica Pro, what does the red arrows mean?

By xderia

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TOK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

red.jpg
#1 9 years ago

The red arrows with an insect on it in the lanes light up all the time, what does this mean and what is the goal?

What kind of insect is this?

Three is also one in the Fuel Lane, with 3 orange lights, how does this work?

red.jpgred.jpg
#2 9 years ago

I beleive red arrows can mean that combos can be collected at that shot.

Not sure what the fuel lights are for, they may represent Burnt Pistons but I'm not sure.

#3 9 years ago

Hello!

Can someone explain "combos can be collected at that shot". What does this mean and how is this done?

#4 9 years ago

The red spider arrows indicate the next possible "combo" shot for you to hit depending on the first shot you make.

Ex: If you hit the right ramp, the spider in front of the left ramp, as well as the left orbit will light, allowing you to combo either of those two shots together. If you make the next combo shot the red spider will move and show you the next combo option, and so on.....

Does that make sense?

#5 9 years ago

The red spider is also used to select/collect the CIU hurry ups or something like that. Someone who knows more than I should be able to explain that for you.

#6 9 years ago

this is the best rule sheet that exist for the game

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

#7 9 years ago

indeed, great link!
Was very helpfull

#8 9 years ago

This may help...

#9 9 years ago

great doc! Is there one for premium I wonder???

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

great doc! Is there one for premium I wonder???

Premium is the same rules. Only difference really is physical ball lock, and the spinners count towards some of your points/modes.

Also the spider inserts are more clear since the color changing helps indicate their function. Red for combos, blue for seek and destroy locking, pink for lady justice etc.

#11 9 years ago

I still don't understand the hurry ups, how to get one started, and how you need to complete them in order to get to Seek & Destroy? Can you complete them individually or do they all need to be collected at once?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I still don't understand the hurry ups, how to get one started, and how you need to complete them in order to get to Seek & Destroy? Can you complete them individually or do they all need to be collected at once?

Shoot one of the shots to select it as indicated by the arrow lighting (red on pro, blue on le). While that lane is lit, hit sparky, snake, cross. The lane will now be flashing. Shoot the lane again. The coffin is flashing. Hit captive ball to complete the lane. At any time shooting another lane selects the new lane instead. Lock all lanes to start seek and destroy.

Working towards crank it up is done by collecting sparkys, snakes, coffins, and crosses. You get one point towards each of these any time you hit that feature or anytime you shoot a lane with the feature lit. For example, shot at the left orbit, once completed, awards a sparky, cross, and snake towards crank it up in that one shot. Since starting seek and destroy clears the lanes, one strategy is to milk the competed lanes towards crank it up. Another strategy is to light a couple lanes then farm them during multiball so that crank it up is lit after exiting the mb.

Complete 4 crank it ups and qualify it a 5th time to enter End of the line wizard mode.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. Much harder to do while playing. Practice.

#14 9 years ago

Nice explanation markmon. I remember being confused by that when I first got my game, once you grasp how it works you'll just start implementing it as part of your shot strategy.

#15 9 years ago

Yeah thanks Markmon for explaining!!

#16 9 years ago

It means shoot the fu€¥!/ red arrow because there's good shit to be collected.... Hope this helps.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

It means shoot the fu€¥!/ red arrow because there's good shit to be collected.... Hope this helps.

Thats my strategy, I like to keep it simple! hah

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-what-does-the-red-arrows-mean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.