(249 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

525A57CA-353B-42F5-A961-565F7E860078 (resized).jpeg
1827-ac-dc-pinball-two (resized).jpg
IMG_0264 (resized).PNG
6349204D-DCF9-4153-A693-B43DCC079AEC (resized).jpeg
9466c43079185ef7d47018b3175278cab886384c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

One of these games will likely be the next that I pick up, and although I've only put a few games on Maiden, these are probably the only two rock pins I have any interest in owning.

So, if you could only pick one, which would it be and why?

1 week later
#23 5 years ago

Thinking I might get a MET before they take it out of production, and then swap one of my games for a Maiden in the near future. Also don't like buying games right out of the gate in case there are any issues they need to resolve later in production.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Right now... MET. Then later, who knows.
I really like Iron Maiden (the pinball machine, not the band). It's a fun game, but MUCH too early to tell if it has legs or not. Stern scares me when they have decent code at release, because they tend to do minor fixes instead of really squeezing the best out of the game. Will this be one of those? Who knows. I just don't like the odds.
MET however has been through the lifecycle of a game. Meh at release, but Lyman kept at it and turned it into gold. Once CIU was added, it really started to be great. It has the cool quality of being both a bash game and a tactical game. And you can play it both ways. I highly recommend it, and I wasn't really a fan of the band. But the game is just fun.

Kind of what I was thinking, but I'm also concerned about manufacturing issues (chipping clear coats, ghosting, etc.).

I might go with MET Pro, and then in a year or so, I'll see how I'm feeling about Maiden.

#42 5 years ago

I don't trust the reviews of any game within the first few months. Too many fanboys/girls just putting up near perfect ratings because a new toy is out.

I'll wait until that settles, and until I see more streaming gameplay and reviews.

I think based on first impressions, Metallica appealed to me more with all it's toys. I'm going to need a lot more time on Maiden to know if it's a fit for me.

#51 5 years ago

Crazy. The votes are pretty much neck-and-neck.

#52 5 years ago

Curious to know, what games has longer ball times?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This will be an interesting poll to do in about a year; I'd guess it would be 3 in favor of IMDN in that time. I'd guess half the votes now are from Metallica owners who haven't played IMDN and IMDN owners who are biased like me haha. But seriously, I owned Metallica - it's a fun pin, and a great one at that, and I love playing it once in awhile; but after one game, I get my fix and can move on.

I think they're around the same. Ive had short, medium, and long ball times on both games. IMDN is a little easy to get the power feature extra ball - but I set mine harder (eb after 4 power features) which works much better - I wish there was an adjustment to turn off the eb power feature and only earn an extra ball from pharaoh. Anyway, im rambling...

Ramble on... That's the point of the thread my man

I'm considering selling my AFMR to make room for something new, and the only two games that interest me at this time are MET and IMDN.

A friend of knee just got one, so I think I need to put some time on it to see if it jives with me.

#79 5 years ago

Votes 82/82!

MET still holding it's top 10 spot... Maiden ratings are settling slightly. Will be interesting to see what the next few months brings.

I still need to put some time in on this game.

#85 5 years ago

How to chance to play both games last night side by side at a friend's place. Both are incredible games for sure. What I got from Metallica is that there is a lot of wood to chop. I made it to the first CIU and I guess doing it again is just repeating those same steps?

Iron Maiden was a completely different animal. I liked that it had so many different things to shoot at. I'm generally not a fan of upper flippers but somehow they work really well in this game.

I feel like they would both be very great games to own. So what I may do is pick up a Metallica since production is probably winding down and then when I've had my fun with it I'll move it out for an Iron Maiden.

I can totally see now why the votes are so split.

#91 5 years ago

Looks like Maiden has pulled ahead a bit.

I need more time on both before making my decision, but one thing I've gathered about MET both from playing and reading comments, is that it's a lot of repetitive wood chopping. Sort of like MM or AFM, but deeper and with many more shts required.

I love my MM, but I'm likely parting with my AFM because it does a lot of the same, and in a collection of five, I don't really need two wood chopping games.

Thoughts anyone?

3 months later
#105 5 years ago

Thought I'd revisit this topic now that a lot of games are in homes and on location. Figured most of us have had a chance to put some good time in on IMDN by now.

So it's the battle of arguably the best two rock pins, or even just pins in general.

IMDN has been holding the #3 spot on Pinside for a few weeks, and Metallica has proven its spot in the top 10.

So I ask you again, if you can only own one of these two pins, what one would it be?

Be sure to cast your vote too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,600 (OBO)
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-vs-iron-maiden-pro?tu=Damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.