(249 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

525A57CA-353B-42F5-A961-565F7E860078 (resized).jpeg
1827-ac-dc-pinball-two (resized).jpg
IMG_0264 (resized).PNG
6349204D-DCF9-4153-A693-B43DCC079AEC (resized).jpeg
9466c43079185ef7d47018b3175278cab886384c (resized).jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

One of these games will likely be the next that I pick up, and although I've only put a few games on Maiden, these are probably the only two rock pins I have any interest in owning.

So, if you could only pick one, which would it be and why?

#2 5 years ago

met has been around awhile. IM is too new to tell. Give it some time, give it at least 50 plays on both before you decide. both are great.

#3 5 years ago

Definitely play each pin for while to see if you’d like to own one. Both pins are well rated and should hold their value. I think I comes down to what theme you like more.

#4 5 years ago

MET wasn't even 1/4 done when it was released and it took over 2 yrs to get final code where IM feels like a DONE game, it's absolutely an achievement in regards to layout, rules and nailing the theme.

#5 5 years ago

I own Metallica and will be getting a iron maiden soon I have played maiden a bunch I really enjoy both games but I think I would go with iron maiden it's a tough decision both very fun games.

#6 5 years ago

Played IM the other night finally. It was cool, but I would still take Metallica over it. IM is the new shiny toy of the month, but Metallica has held up for years. Both are awesome, go with choice of music that excited you more.

#7 5 years ago

When in doubt, buy both

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

When in doubt, buy both

If only my cat shit gold nuggets.

#9 5 years ago

I'm actually quite torn between these two decks! The Sam system doesn't scare me as much as Spike 2 does and I like customizing with LED bulbs, but I also prefer the LCD to DMD. Also like the Sparky bash toy, but hear nothing but praise for the Maiden layout. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens as more reviews come out and hype settles down.

#10 5 years ago

just remember that the sam system is repairable.

As of right now. Spike system games are disposable. There is no way to repair them down the road with no schematics, surface mounted parts, and every node board being different for ever game.

#11 5 years ago

Buy a huo met, save some money, play it for a year, let maiden get finished/polished and then decide if you want to swap for a huo one.

#12 5 years ago

Maiden for me.

#13 5 years ago

METALLICA! While the layout and art is nice on the Iron Maiden I was beyond bored with it after the 3rd game, while I can play 3-10 games of Met every night. I guess it depends on your liking of music also and what you would rather be listening to while you play. GLWYD.

#14 5 years ago

Also need and would like poll for premium versions in each. I feel both games play different and well. They would work together since one is 2 flipper and other 4 flippers. I just feel Metallica has a tons of features and Maiden I wished had more.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Buy a huo met, save some money, play it for a year, let maiden get finished/polished and then decide if you want to swap for a huo one.

what he said! or just get a ac/dc!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from notime2play:

METALLICA! While the layout and art is nice on the Iron Maiden I was beyond bored with it after the 3rd game, while I can play 3-10 games of Met every night. I guess it depends on your liking of music also and what you would rather be listening to while you play. GLWYD.

IM is not boring. If you are going by layout, MET is boring, since it's the same damn layout as 30+ other games. Least IM is unique in design and layout. Don't get me wrong, I love MET way more than I should, as i'm not a fan of the band at all. Same goes for IM. IM seems to be very complete in the software. Doesnt' play like anything else, great art package, and so far the rules are pretty solid. I really think it has a chance to even outsell TSPP and LOTR in the future.

#17 5 years ago

Well,
I just got back from Ann Arbor Pinball Showcase, and I played a lot of Maiden pro and Metallica pro. I think I will go with Maiden at this point. Just so many shots and a lot of fun! Both such fun pins though.
TNA spanked my ass! But what an awesome light show and sound system! If I didn't already have a fully restored brutal F-14, I would probably get a TNA, but my wife thinks F-14 is too hard so I'll pass on the TNA.

From Allen Town Thread..
9466c43079185ef7d47018b3175278cab886384c (resized).jpg9466c43079185ef7d47018b3175278cab886384c (resized).jpg

Imagine gray hairs jamming to Metallica or Maiden at the Senior Citizens center?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IM is not boring. If you are going by layout, MET is boring, since it's the same damn layout as 30+ other games. Least IM is unique in design and layout. Don't get me wrong, I love MET way more than I should, as i'm not a fan of the band at all. Same goes for IM. IM seems to be very complete in the software. Doesnt' play like anything else, great art package, and so far the rules are pretty solid. I really think it has a chance to even outsell TSPP and LOTR in the future.

Iron Maiden's right ramp is literally the right ramp from MET. In fact I see a lot of MET in IM.

With that said, I'm going to buy IM pro and I already own MET pro. Those that know me know how I feel about the IM music but thanks to the magic of pinbrowser I'm going to change it to other songs. This will enable me to really enjoy the game for what it is and that's an amazing layout.

I'm excited to own both of these games. From playing both, IM to me is like a smart mans MET - it has so many more shots while MET is great b/c sometimes you just want to play some open PF pinball that's still challenging. I just hope IM doesn't feel too much like MET but besides the right ramp, there is enough variety. Excited. No vote from me yet.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just remember that the sam system is repairable.
As of right now. Spike system games are disposable. There is no way to repair them down the road with no schematics, surface mounted parts, and every node board being different for ever game.

I think node board design has been consistent for the past few games now.

Rob

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IM is not boring. If you are going by layout, MET is boring, since it's the same damn layout as 30+ other games.

This. I played a bunch of games on both at the AA show. Met is cool and fun but did not give me the wow factor in terms of shots like IMDN did. Also love the animations in IMDN (planes and missiles!) vs. the dots in MET.

However as CN says play 50 on each.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just hope IM doesn't feel too much like MET but besides the right ramp, there is enough variety. Excited. No vote from me yet.

I don't think they're too similar. They are quite a bit different and owning both would be awesome!
BTW, I also played an Alien! What a trip of a pin that thing is! I never seen such a dark eerie playfield before. Video screens are awesome! Didn't get to play it enough to know shit but it was impressive to say the least. Too bad no more will be made!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I don't think they're too similar. They are quite a bit different and owning both would be awesome!
BTW, I also played an Alien! What a trip of a pin that thing is! I never seen such a dark eerie playfield before. Video screens are awesome! Didn't get to play it enough to know shit but it was impressive to say the least. Too bad no more will be made!

no game sets the mood and atmosphere like Alien. An absolute gem of a game. Just wish it was still supported. It's too bad. My avatar will be it's reminder of what should have been. Well deserving.

#23 5 years ago

Thinking I might get a MET before they take it out of production, and then swap one of my games for a Maiden in the near future. Also don't like buying games right out of the gate in case there are any issues they need to resolve later in production.

#24 5 years ago

Own both - MET is still the best imo. Something about that games simplicity yet amazing flow and feel. I also like MET much better than IMDN

#25 5 years ago

Wow would u prefer blonde, brunette, or ginger....yes please. All comes down to personal preference on the band imho. I connect more to met songs so i get more immersed in its toys and modes. But im is an awesome game in itself...so, no wrong answer really. The spike vs sam argument though is a valid one though, only time will tell.

#26 5 years ago

Go for a sure thing. Met.

#27 5 years ago

wow 43 to 43! Tied

#28 5 years ago

Right now... MET. Then later, who knows.

I really like Iron Maiden (the pinball machine, not the band). It's a fun game, but MUCH too early to tell if it has legs or not. Stern scares me when they have decent code at release, because they tend to do minor fixes instead of really squeezing the best out of the game. Will this be one of those? Who knows. I just don't like the odds.

MET however has been through the lifecycle of a game. Meh at release, but Lyman kept at it and turned it into gold. Once CIU was added, it really started to be great. It has the cool quality of being both a bash game and a tactical game. And you can play it both ways. I highly recommend it, and I wasn't really a fan of the band. But the game is just fun.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Own both - MET is still the best imo. Something about that games simplicity yet amazing flow and feel. I also like MET much better than IMDN

I love MET but it does get a bit wood choppy after a while IMHO.. Maiden for me!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Right now... MET. Then later, who knows.
I really like Iron Maiden (the pinball machine, not the band). It's a fun game, but MUCH too early to tell if it has legs or not. Stern scares me when they have decent code at release, because they tend to do minor fixes instead of really squeezing the best out of the game. Will this be one of those? Who knows. I just don't like the odds.
MET however has been through the lifecycle of a game. Meh at release, but Lyman kept at it and turned it into gold. Once CIU was added, it really started to be great. It has the cool quality of being both a bash game and a tactical game. And you can play it both ways. I highly recommend it, and I wasn't really a fan of the band. But the game is just fun.

Kind of what I was thinking, but I'm also concerned about manufacturing issues (chipping clear coats, ghosting, etc.).

I might go with MET Pro, and then in a year or so, I'll see how I'm feeling about Maiden.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thinking I might get a MET before they take it out of production, and then swap one of my games for a Maiden in the near future. Also don't like buying games right out of the gate in case there are any issues they need to resolve later in production.

Since you also own TFTC as I do you feel like Metallica is an updated TFTC? To me it definitely is and Borg did it as well, I like Iron Maiden more as a band/music but still like both games Maiden and Metallica and trying to decide. They feel very different but I think Premium has more in it on Metallica. Why do you like it more

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Kind of what I was thinking, but I'm also concerned about manufacturing issues (chipping clear coats, ghosting, etc.).
I might go with MET Pro, and then in a year or so, I'll see how I'm feeling about Maiden.

Well, you should be concerned. You might get a perfect game, or you might get a complete pain in the ass 6 month hassle. Stern will make it right (they support what they sell), but by the time it’s fixed you might hate the game. Sorry to sound so pessimistic. I love their games, I just wish I didn’t feel like I was playing the lotto when I buy them.

#33 5 years ago

I haven’t played Maiden yet, looks fun, what do people think of the rules?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t played Maiden yet, looks fun, what do people think of the rules? Do you need to be a great player to see a lot of the game rules?

I'm not a great player by any means and having fun (not too easy but def not too hard where I'm not progressing).

#35 5 years ago

My IM Pro is actually make me like Iron Maiden music and that was my biggest concern.

Met is a great game, but IM has sooo many shots and they feel really good. I think a lot of votes are coming from people that own Met and have never played IM.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

My IM Pro is actually make me like Iron Maiden music and that was my biggest concern.
Met is a great game, but IM has sooo many shots and they feel really good. I think a lot of votes are coming from people that own Met and have never played IM.

I totally feel the same way about the music. Now owning it, it's starting to click and actually works really well with the game.

#37 5 years ago

Too bad IM is already the abbreviation for Iron Man.

This is the whole FT abbreviation all over again.

#38 5 years ago

What is the consensus about the premium features? Any features that are bad or anything make the game better?

#39 5 years ago

I have yet to play either. But, while I will be owning a Maiden when the prems get released. I will never, ever, EVER play a metallica pinball machine. I know people commented on the music for maiden not being their cup of tea. But, I HATE Metallica. I hate their music, and just everything about them. I believe they sold out heavy metal and went trendy which is against what heavy metal is all about. So me personally, I don't like them, never will, and I can't abide anything to do with them... Yes, I know they have good taste in music. They regularly have Armored Saint open for them, and also Kirk Hammetts favorite guitarist is Michael Schenker. And Schenks is the greatest guitarist ever... And I know Lars was a big fan and good friend of Dio... But, I just don't like them. I only commented because I got sick and tired of hearing all the people on the Maiden pages say... Hate the music, never a fan of the music... Well, not a fan of Met's music. And if I spot a Met in the wild I will keep on walking.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I have yet to play either. But, while I will be owning a Maiden when the prems get released. I will never, ever, EVER play a metallica pinball machine. I know people commented on the music for maiden not being their cup of tea. But, I HATE Metallica. I hate their music, and just everything about them. I believe they sold out heavy metal and went trendy which is against what heavy metal is all about. So me personally, I don't like them, never will, and I can't abide anything to do with them... Yes, I know they have good taste in music. They regularly have Armored Saint open for them, and also Kirk Hammetts favorite guitarist is Michael Schenker. And Schenks is the greatest guitarist ever... And I know Lars was a big fan and good friend of Dio... But, I just don't like them. I only commented because I got sick and tired of hearing all the people on the Maiden pages say... Hate the music, never a fan of the music... Well, not a fan of Met's music. And if I spot a Met in the wild I will keep on walking.

6349204D-DCF9-4153-A693-B43DCC079AEC (resized).jpeg6349204D-DCF9-4153-A693-B43DCC079AEC (resized).jpeg

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t played Maiden yet, looks fun, what do people think of the rules?

Hey bud, I'm in Bel Air. If you want to come over sometime and play some Maiden shoot me a pm.

#42 5 years ago

I don't trust the reviews of any game within the first few months. Too many fanboys/girls just putting up near perfect ratings because a new toy is out.

I'll wait until that settles, and until I see more streaming gameplay and reviews.

I think based on first impressions, Metallica appealed to me more with all it's toys. I'm going to need a lot more time on Maiden to know if it's a fit for me.

#43 5 years ago

Speaking of metal bands, any of you guys into Dream Theater? Talk about talent!
http://dreamtheater.net/

#44 5 years ago

ugh no

#46 5 years ago

I've loved Dream Theater since the early 90s. They're awesome.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't trust the reviews of any game within the first few months. Too many fanboys/girls just putting up near perfect ratings because a new toy is out.
I'll wait until that settles, and until I see more streaming gameplay and reviews.
I think based on first impressions, Metallica appealed to me more with all it's toys. I'm going to need a lot more time on Maiden to know if it's a fit for me.

Exactly Iron Maiden needed more toys or items for sure, it has a great amount of shots but feel they left out too much from archer design. Everyone likes it as it’s a new different layout too, I like it but wanted more in it.

#48 5 years ago

Not a fan of either band, but Maiden is the real deal--best new Stern in a long time. Best new pin I've played in the last few years, come to think of it. Upside is that if you don't want to believe all the good reviews on Maiden (and brush them off as fanboyism) you can't lose getting a Metallica--although if I were buying one I'd want a Premium.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, as long as you believe you're making a statement by silently protesting a pinball machine because you dislike a band and they offend you that much, it's your loss I suppose. Seems pretty silly to me though!

#50 5 years ago

Hard to believe if your a fan of rock n roll or metal metal that anyone dislikes Maiden, there are a ton of other bands which suck like Korn. I like a big variety of music. But as a band pin it’s more of an Eddie pin and not so much a band theme like the other music pins recently made. It’s a hit for Stern and I knew it would be when I asked to be made 5 years ago, I just wish as always more in the game with all the advances in today’s world. If the price goes up but we don’t get more in games not right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-vs-iron-maiden-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.