6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00285 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinistarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Ive had this Metallica pro for a few years and never updated the code. So a couple days ago went ahead and updated to 1.7, everything went fine. Well, now the game is acting up...for example its awarding primarily grave marker hits at random, as soon as the ball is launched, and when the ball hits various other switches. No rhyme or reason to which switches are setting it off. I pressed down the right orbit switch about fifteen-twenty times, it awarded a grave marker hit twice. Also awarding sparky hits from the wrong switches, and starting sparky multiball. The band member switches are awarding sparky hits and grave markers, and it just started grave multiball while i was standing here with one of the balls out of the game and no ball even in the shooter lane. Basically its freaking the eff out.
This game worked flawlessly ever since I got it until the update. What should I do, reload the update or is something else going on?
Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

#5 6 years ago

Did switch test, all good there. Gonna reload the code and make sure its pro code, good call. Will report back.

#8 6 years ago

Unfortunately I was not .....OK, I was being a dumbass and didnt back up the old code. Sure wish I would have!
Reloaded the 1.7 code again and same thing. First game or two is fine. Then just a couple times in the third or fourth game it will give a few unwarranted grave marker or sparky hits.
By the time you start game number 6 or 7 its going off pretty much non stop with sparky/ grave hits, like its an infection that gets worse as time goes on. Not vibration and not switches. It will do it with no ball in play.
Dont know what to do next, I guess Im going to try a different flash drive and load it up again. If I get the same results I guess Im gonna ask around for to see if anyone has a copy of an older update or something. If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know how you got it resolved. Thanks!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I feel like this could be switches... how are you sure this isn’t related to the switches malfunctioning and totally unrelated to the code?
Marc

Because it worked fine until the code update and went crazy immediately after I updated.
And switch test checks out fine. Seems like the update caused this, dont know why the switches would suddenly go all wack, didnt move the game or fiddle with any switches.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Press and hold the left flipper button when turning on your game, this will force it to do perform a checksum against the code in order to validate that it installed correctly.

Verification successful. About to reload with a different flash drive to see if that helps.

#14 6 years ago

Gents, Im going to go ahead and admit that it looks like the embarassing ending to this story was that dip switch # 7 had been bumped into the on position during the update.
Flipped it back to full off, power cycled and played several games with zero issues.
Keeping my fingers crossed, thanks for the advice, and Happy New Year!

#19 6 years ago

Yes the venting did help. Thanks again all, for the suggestions and advice. I have one other question regarding the update if anyone can assisst.
Now, the shaker motor shakes so hard that it damn near shakes the pictures off the walls! I went from version 1.5 which had a comparatively mellow shake to 1.7. I am assuming along the way they changed the shaker strength in the code.
The difference is immense. I went to adjustments and turned the shaker down to the lowest setting, but I guess that effects the frequency that the shaker comes on, not the strength of the shaker. Now, the shaker is causing me marital strife because it blasts so loud it can be heard everywhere in the house. Is there a setting/ method to quiet it down again? Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinistarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-updated-code-now-having-problems?tu=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.