Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bwheels
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys i just purchased a MET pro and first off let me say it is an amazing pin. However, I have noticed that sparky isnt shaking all the time when starting multiball. It seems that i have to almost "help" him by rocking the table back and forth. I notices that one of his shoulders wasnt sitting correctly into his arm. Any suggestions? Anyone having the same issue?

#2 9 years ago

I haven't had any issues on mine but check the coil in back of him to make sure it is firing you can also go into the service menu and check it in there too without having to wait for an in game multiha to start

#3 9 years ago

I did the diagnostic and the coil seemed to fire, but i think he has somehow come disconnected where his arm meets his shirt.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

I did the diagnostic and the coil seemed to fire, but i think he has somehow come disconnected where his arm meets his shirt.

So here's how Sparky is made: The arms and chair are one piece of plastic. His torso and shirt are another, mounted on a spring at the bottom. Then his head. So the arms just stick up inside the holes of the shirt, they're not connected to anything. So nothing got disconnected.

Just make sure the body can move freely, you can pull on the spring mech on the back that the coil pulls on to make sure it's rocking back and forth.

#5 9 years ago

I am also having the exact same problem! Just got mine a week ago and yesterday I noticed sparky wasn't shaking as normal and today he barely works at all sometimes not moving at all. Bwheels did you get this fixed? I'd like to know what the problem is also.

#6 9 years ago

There is a metal plate behind sparky...when it energizes the magnetic coil pulls the plate to the coil. what has happened is the L shaped plate underneath it Is bent beyond 90 degrees and the metal plate is too far from the magnet to get pulled to it. The fix is to bend the L shaped plate back to 90 degrees so the magnet can work again.

If you look behind sparky it will make more sense. It's a pretty easy fix

#7 9 years ago

Thank you Baiter for the help! Quick fix works perfect now!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Thank you Baiter for the help! Quick fix works perfect now!

I havent fully fixed it yet but am looking at it today. man this is a fun pin though. i am really enjoying it

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

There is a metal plate behind sparky...when it energizes the magnetic coil pulls the plate to the coil. what has happened is the L shaped plate underneath it Is bent beyond 90 degrees and the metal plate is too far from the magnet to get pulled to it. The fix is to bend the L shaped plate back to 90 degrees so the magnet can work again.
If you look behind sparky it will make more sense. It's a pretty easy fix

This totally fixed my problem. You are the man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-sparky-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.