IMG_20160914_092523050 (resized).jpg
glue dots (resized).jpg
skulls (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Install under (resized).jpg
Wider playfield (resized).jpg
Installed dark (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#40 7 years ago

paypal sent...looks awesome

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

There seems to be some interest in installing this mod in the Met prem/LE. In its current form I'm not sure the mod would look good or work work well in the premium. The issue is that the current mod isn't sticky - it stays in place because it bends a bit when placed and the edges wedge it against the wood, plus the bulbs underneath keep in from coming out. Also the pro coffin insert is opaque so if the mod isn't perfectly flat against the glass it isn't a big deal in the pro and actually gives it a little bit of a 3D effect, but it would not be desirable if it was directly visible through a clear window. Motion of balls under the insert on the prem might cause it to come out and interfere with the game. I'm going to check out a friends game later this week and see how feasible this might be. A couple options seem possible:
1). Have essentially a clear sticker that goes on top the play field. Someone has an eye ball mod that works this way. My concern is it would get worn out over time and be difficult to remove.
2). Have a vinyl transfer sticker that applies to to bottom of the window. I think this would look better and since it is under the play field wear won't be an issue, but would be more difficult to install (it would have to be in exactly the right place the first time) and could be very difficult to remove.
3). The current mod could be used as is or perhaps trimmed slightly (assuming the insert is the same size as the pro, something I need to check). It sounds like others will try this so I'll be curious how it looks. Perhaps if needed it could be held it place with some kind of tape on the sides but that would be visible through the insert so wouldn't be the most aesthetic install. Another option is it could sprayed with clear contact adhesive such as 3M Super 77 and put on the bottom of the insert. This would be difficult to remove and wouldn't be an installation that everyone would be comfortable with.
I would advise those interested in the mod for the prem to hold off until we figure out how it works best. For those that do try it on the premium I'd be interested to see the results.

Or the prem/LE guys could just buy a pro, after all it is the best version of MET.

(Relax guys, I'm just joking)

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

But really. You're not.

No, im not

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Someones selling them on ebay. ebay.com link » Metallica Coffin Insert Mod For Stern Metallica Pro Pinball Machine

That sucks...twenty84 should be selling them on Ebay himself.

#92 7 years ago

Got mine today...awesome job thank you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-skulls-in-coffin-mod?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.