IMG_20160914_092523050 (resized).jpg
glue dots (resized).jpg
skulls (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Install under (resized).jpg
Wider playfield (resized).jpg
Installed dark (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago

Received mine, Thanks for the speedy shipping!

I have a premium and thought I could squeeze it in somehow but you have to remove the entire assembly. It is completely enclosed (see pic).

I will try if I have time this weekend...

IMG_7236 (resized).JPGIMG_7236 (resized).JPG

#102 7 years ago

I'm curious to see what the experience is with this mod on the prem? That said I think I will be able to do a more appropriate version for the prem when I have more time so I wouldn't encourage ordering the current version for that model.

I put another batch in the mail this am so it is now on the way for all that have ordered so far. I need to take a break from this for a few days but will send future orders early to mid next week.

#103 7 years ago

Really nicely done! Just saw this thread today. I've got the eyeball sticker on mine, but this is a really great idea/implementation.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What color bulbs are people using? I'm using all red but I'll change at some point.

I use blue, i will post pics once mine arrives
Harley D.

#105 7 years ago

Thanks for this cool AFFORDABLE mod.

I got mine today and it looks awesome

#106 7 years ago

Received mine today and installed it. Looks great. I might change the bulbs later but for now it's the stock red. Looks great. Thanks Ben.

29433796630_31ff858ee0_o (resized).jpg29433796630_31ff858ee0_o (resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago

Yep. Metallica Pro, now 1% even more awesome. \m/

20160916_142933 (resized).jpg20160916_142933 (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Really nicely done! Just saw this thread today. I've got the eyeball sticker on mine, but this is a really great idea/implementation.

So do I but I pulled it and replaced it with this MOD.....love it!!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#110 7 years ago

Got it today! It looks great!!
Thanks again

#111 7 years ago

Looks cool - payment sent!

#112 7 years ago

Payment sent.

#113 7 years ago

Recent orders going in the mail today so I should be all caught up again.

#115 7 years ago

Got mine today! Looks awesome! Nicely done twenty84

#116 7 years ago

This is really far cooler than I expected when opening this thread... I hadn't looked at it until now. Hrm. Way better than the stupid eyeball vinyl that NEVER stayed down for me and badly affected ball pathing.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is really far cooler than I expected when opening this thread... I hadn't looked at it until now. Hrm. Way better than the stupid eyeball vinyl that NEVER stayed down for me and badly affected ball pathing.

Is "pathing" a thing ?!

#118 7 years ago

Money sent!

#119 7 years ago

Once again caught up on all the orders (except NinJaBooT I just got this AM, which I will send out tomorrow).

#120 7 years ago

I got mine -thanks! It was easy to install. I couldn't seem to get mine flush against the top of the insert, but I suppose it needs to be cut slightly larger otherwise it wouldn't stick in place? It still gives off the cool skull effect -somewhat with the illumination, but a ton with the flashers. Very much worth the $5. If you own a Pro -get this mod!

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got mine -thanks! It was easy to install. I couldn't seem to get mine flush against the top of the insert, but I suppose it needs to be cut slightly larger otherwise it wouldn't stick in place? It still gives off the cool skull effect -somewhat with the illumination, but a ton with the flashers. Very much worth the $5. If you own a Pro -get this mod!

I did purposely make them slightly large so they would stay wedged in place. Having it a little further from the insert in some areas gives the skulls an illusion of depth which I find appealing. If you want it closer to to the insert I might consider either using a manicure stick or something similar to push it in place near the edges thus bending the plastic more sharply at the borders and keeping more of the image close to the insert. Another option is to trim the sides a little where too big - if doing that I would start by trimming the longer sides. In the worst case you trim too much and need to use tape to hold it in... Actually the worst case is you pay me $5 for a new one, but that actually wouldn't be that bad.

#122 7 years ago

Bang for buck this is the best mod ever. Thanks so much for this!

#123 7 years ago

Installed mine and very pleased. I'm going to test changing the insert LEDs to white and the flasher to blue. I like the red a lot but experimenting is fun.

#124 7 years ago

Got mine today.........Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is "pathing" a thing ?!

Sure. It's usually used to refer to AI movements in games, but I don't see why it's not applicable here. The vinyl decal caused the ball to take a different path, so...it effected the pathing.

#126 7 years ago

Put the latest orders in the mail this morning, so all orders to date are shipped.

#127 7 years ago

Nice mod, great seller!

#128 7 years ago

No that I can clearly see all 3 locks I'm thinking of going with 3 different color bulbs.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

No that I can clearly see all 3 locks I'm thinking of going with 3 different color bulbs.

That's what I did.....way super cool neat-O looking than just all the same color tint.

#130 7 years ago

I sent another batch out this AM. The only order I haven't sent out is for Edward S. who paid via paypal gift and didn't include a mailing address. I've tried emailing him at his aol email address but no response in several days. So if you're Edward or know where he lives send me the address so I can get the mod out.

#131 7 years ago

White LED bulb inserts for the skulls looks great. I don't have blue flashers at the moment to try but did have red. The red doesn't look bad as a flasher, just not as bright so I need to see if I can adjust.

#132 7 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks!

#133 7 years ago

I removed my eyeball decal for this, and couldn't be happier.

I have to agree, bang for buck, best met mod so far.

3 weeks later
#134 7 years ago

Best 5 Bucks I ever spent.

#135 7 years ago

Premium edition......make it happen!

#136 7 years ago

Great mod! Super happy. Bought after seeing it on ViolinSteve's machine at Expo 2016.

Great Job!

#137 7 years ago

Payment sent! Wow this looks awesome

#138 7 years ago

Payment sent.

#139 7 years ago

I appreciate all the orders. Just another reminder that if you pay via PayPal gift then please send the address where you want this sent in the comments or I won't be able to send it.

All orders to date have been shipped except one where I am waiting for the address.

#140 7 years ago

Got mine yesterday, looks great. Now I have to find time to put it in, I LOVE cool light up stuff. Thanks.

#141 7 years ago

payment sent!

#142 7 years ago

This might be a really dumb request but ... every pic is with 3 locks. Does it always light all 3 skulls or does it also do the 1 and 2? Either way this is way, way cooler than the empty casket and I'm going to order it. Just sort of curious if it accurately tracks locks.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

This might be a really dumb request but ... every pic is with 3 locks. Does it always light all 3 skulls or does it also do the 1 and 2? Either way this is way, way cooler than the empty casket and I'm going to order it. Just sort of curious if it accurately tracks locks.

The skulls are essentially just a mask that go between the insert on the playfield and the lights. So the locks track just the same as they did before, but now each light looks like a skull. I think everyone takes a pic with all 3 skull lit because it looks more impressive than just 1 or 2.

#144 7 years ago

Payment sent... Just in case I every own a Metallica I'll want this in it

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The skulls are essentially just a mask that go between the insert on the playfield and the lights. So the locks track just the same as they did before, but now each light looks like a skull. I think everyone takes a pic with all 3 skull lit because it looks more impressive than just 1 or 2.

Thanks! That's how I figured it worked, but still wanted to know I guess. I ordered one too. Planning to buy a Metallica early next year. Might as well have this on hand

#146 7 years ago

Just put mine in the game and wow, should've come from the factory like that. I love it, thanks! Every Metallica Pro out there NEEDS this MOD!

#147 7 years ago

Payment sent!

#148 7 years ago

Amazing mod!

#149 7 years ago

received mine in the mail yesterday. now, to find time to drop the entire physical ball capture trough and install it

#150 7 years ago

Just put some more in the mail this morning (including a couple that were ordered this morning) so all that have been ordered to date are now shipped.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-skulls-in-coffin-mod/page/3?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.