IMG_20160914_092523050 (resized).jpg
glue dots (resized).jpg
skulls (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Install under (resized).jpg
Wider playfield (resized).jpg
Installed dark (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I managed to get yours packaged up before work so it should go out in today's mail.

Awesome dude, THANKS!!!

#52 7 years ago

Payment send!|

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, I can't picture it in a premium, because there aren't three bulbs there to light them, just a clear window so you can see the actual balls in there, so you would have no indicator of balls locked, other than dmd notifications.

no indicator? what about the fact that a pinball would be locked [and visible] under a specific skull? sure, it wouldn't light up (specifically under each skull), but on the premium and LEs there is ambient red lighting in the coffin so that you can see how many physical balls are locked.

I could see why premium/LE owners might want this. it would add a bit of flare over the balls that have been locked

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

no indicator? what about the fact that a pinball would be locked [and visible] under a specific skull? sure, it wouldn't light up (specifically under each skull), but on the premium and LEs there is ambient red lighting in the coffin so that you can see how many physical balls are locked.
I could see why premium/LE owners might want this. it would add a bit of flare over the balls that have been locked

I wouldn't think you could see thru to the balls.

#55 7 years ago

payment sent this weekend. thank you

#56 7 years ago

Money sent.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I wouldn't think you could see thru to the balls.

you can see his finger behind the film in the first photo, so I would assume that the locked balls would show just fine

skulls (resized).jpgskulls (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can see his finger behind the film in the first photo, so I would assume that the locked balls would show just fine

Huh, cool. Someone post a pic when you try it! Sounds good.

#59 7 years ago

Just dropped a bunch more off at the post office. As of now, all that were ordered have now been shipped.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just dropped a bunch more off at the post office. As of now, all that were ordered have now been shipped.

Boom! That was fast. I sent my paypal in yesterday. Looking forward to installing this.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I will post a pic in my premium when I receive mine.

#62 7 years ago

Payment sent. Cant wait to see this on my game.

#63 7 years ago

There seems to be some interest in installing this mod in the Met prem/LE. In its current form I'm not sure the mod would look good or work work well in the premium. The issue is that the current mod isn't sticky - it stays in place because it bends a bit when placed and the edges wedge it against the wood, plus the bulbs underneath keep in from coming out. Also the pro coffin insert is opaque so if the mod isn't perfectly flat against the glass it isn't a big deal in the pro and actually gives it a little bit of a 3D effect, but it would not be desirable if it was directly visible through a clear window. Motion of balls under the insert on the prem might cause it to come out and interfere with the game. I'm going to check out a friends game later this week and see how feasible this might be. A couple options seem possible:

1). Have essentially a clear sticker that goes on top the play field. Someone has an eye ball mod that works this way. My concern is it would get worn out over time and be difficult to remove.

2). Have a vinyl transfer sticker that applies to to bottom of the window. I think this would look better and since it is under the play field wear won't be an issue, but would be more difficult to install (it would have to be in exactly the right place the first time) and could be very difficult to remove.

3). The current mod could be used as is or perhaps trimmed slightly (assuming the insert is the same size as the pro, something I need to check). It sounds like others will try this so I'll be curious how it looks. Perhaps if needed it could be held it place with some kind of tape on the sides but that would be visible through the insert so wouldn't be the most aesthetic install. Another option is it could sprayed with clear contact adhesive such as 3M Super 77 and put on the bottom of the insert. This would be difficult to remove and wouldn't be an installation that everyone would be comfortable with.

I would advise those interested in the mod for the prem to hold off until we figure out how it works best. For those that do try it on the premium I'd be interested to see the results.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

There seems to be some interest in installing this mod in the Met prem/LE. In its current form I'm not sure the mod would look good or work work well in the premium. The issue is that the current mod isn't sticky - it stays in place because it bends a bit when placed and the edges wedge it against the wood, plus the bulbs underneath keep in from coming out. Also the pro coffin insert is opaque so if the mod isn't perfectly flat against the glass it isn't a big deal in the pro and actually gives it a little bit of a 3D effect, but it would not be desirable if it was directly visible through a clear window. Motion of balls under the insert on the prem might cause it to come out and interfere with the game. I'm going to check out a friends game later this week and see how feasible this might be. A couple options seem possible:
1). Have essentially a clear sticker that goes on top the play field. Someone has an eye ball mod that works this way. My concern is it would get worn out over time and be difficult to remove.
2). Have a vinyl transfer sticker that applies to to bottom of the window. I think this would look better and since it is under the play field wear won't be an issue, but would be more difficult to install (it would have to be in exactly the right place the first time) and could be very difficult to remove.
3). The current mod could be used as is or perhaps trimmed slightly (assuming the insert is the same size as the pro, something I need to check). It sounds like others will try this so I'll be curious how it looks. Perhaps if needed it could be held it place with some kind of tape on the sides but that would be visible through the insert so wouldn't be the most aesthetic install. Another option is it could sprayed with clear contact adhesive such as 3M Super 77 and put on the bottom of the insert. This would be difficult to remove and wouldn't be an installation that everyone would be comfortable with.
I would advise those interested in the mod for the prem to hold off until we figure out how it works best. For those that do try it on the premium I'd be interested to see the results.

Or the prem/LE guys could just buy a pro, after all it is the best version of MET.

(Relax guys, I'm just joking)

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Or the prem/LE guys could just buy a pro, after all it is the best version of MET.
(Relax guys, I'm just joking)

But really. You're not.

#66 7 years ago

Received mine today. Will install tonight. Nice included instructions!

#67 7 years ago

I'll send money tonight

#68 7 years ago

Just send my 5 bucks, thank you!!!!

#69 7 years ago

Sent. Awesome looking mod.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

But really. You're not.

No, im not

#71 7 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks again awesome mod.
Harley D.

#73 7 years ago

a couple of those tiny clear double-sided adhesive "dots" would work fine to hold the plastic [mod] to the underside of the clear window on a premium/LE

glue dots (resized).jpgglue dots (resized).jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Glue-Dots-34300-Micro-Roll/dp/B00409RG2W/ref=sr_1_1

#74 7 years ago

Sweet Mod! I sent payment. Thanks.

#75 7 years ago

Great mod, payment sent. Thanks

#76 7 years ago

Sent $10 as payment cause its worth more to me lol, thanks!!! Perfect for the Pro.

#77 7 years ago

Thanks again for all the interest. Just dropped another batch in the mail so I am all caught up except for the order that just came in a few minutes ago.

#78 7 years ago

Pretty cool!

IMG_20160914_092523050 (resized).jpgIMG_20160914_092523050 (resized).jpg

#79 7 years ago

Amazing! I just sent $5 via the gift option. Ben Hove

#80 7 years ago

Just ordered awesome idea

I have a premium
Will report on any issues and install issues / workarounds

#81 7 years ago

Another batch just went in the mail. All orders to date are shipped.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Someones selling them on ebay. ebay.com link » Metallica Coffin Insert Mod For Stern Metallica Pro Pinball Machine

That sucks...twenty84 should be selling them on Ebay himself.

#84 7 years ago

Did someone buy 10 to flip?! How shitty is that?

#85 7 years ago

The guy selling them on eBay bought a bunch from me with the understanding that he was going to resell them. I did not have a problem with this. The price is still $5 shipped here.

#86 7 years ago

I love the fact that you are selling these so cheap to fellow pinballers! I can't wait to install mine when it arrives soon. I'd happily have paid $10-15 for one.

#87 7 years ago

Hey Ben, got and installed mine today. Took exactly 3 minutes once the pf was up. It's exactly what that insert needed. Thanks I would have taken a picture but my camera won't do it.

#88 7 years ago

Paypal sent for two. Thanks!

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I love the fact that you are selling these so cheap to fellow pinballers! I can't wait to install mine when it arrives soon. I'd happily have paid $10-15 for one.

I wish more guys were like this. There are reasonably priced mods to be had and then there are those that are just draining every cent they can out of the hobby. Thanks for being one of the good guys Ben =)

#90 7 years ago

Got mine today. Thanks for the cool mod and shipping them out so quick twenty84. Id show pix in the game but I couldn't get a good one. :(It does look sweet though!

IMG_1054 (resized).JPGIMG_1054 (resized).JPG

#91 7 years ago

I just installed this in my Met pro. This mod looks cool and it actually serves a purpose. It helps differentiate the 3 individual bulbs under the insert. Now I can immediately tell how many balls I have locked. Before I felt like they all just blended together.

#92 7 years ago

Got mine today...awesome job thank you.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The guy selling them on eBay bought a bunch from me with the understanding that he was going to resell them. I did not have a problem with this. The price is still $5 shipped here.

Thank you, I love these! Twenty84 offered me the file to print my own, but rather chose to purchase them. I advised I love his product and would like to carry them in my store and bought them in quantity. I wanted to pay the original designer for his hard work and his idea. He is making them for me as well for resale. Pinsiders should clearly buy direct from Twenty84, at a discount. As a business I look to stock great products, but clearly need them to be profitable. It's great that you guys can buy them here for less, I knew that up front.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Did someone buy 10 to flip?! How shitty is that?

I am a business, I make my own products and occasionally purchase products from good guys at a fair price and mark them up for resale. You know....like every other business. I am an ethical business owner....I support the hobby as well as the Twenty84 and bought a bunch from him, and was clear what my intentions were, versus printing my own.

I love thes and wanted to have some available to my customers.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I wish more guys were like this. There are reasonably priced mods to be had and then there are those that are just draining every cent they can out of the hobby. Thanks for being one of the good guys Ben =)

Yes SOME are, like the guy that's selling it on ebay for $12.99....$12.99 is a stretch if you ask me. But some (like me) have a couple of months into protos and many $$$ into those protos and the mod has to go through so many processes (like mine) that involve other party's which add many $$$ till I get all the parts and then spend an hour or 2 to assemble it, package it and make a special trip to send it. Don't even get me started about keeping inventory on all those different parts that are payed for and just sitting, waiting for assembly. I have parts inventory up the wazoo for my leg light-ups. Ben's mod is great and I'm really surprised no one thought of it before but you have to admit it's very simple and really doesn't cost very much. It's worth every penny of $5 and I'm very happy to pay that and support him. What's next Ben.

#95 7 years ago

What color bulbs are people using? I'm using all red but I'll change at some point.

#96 7 years ago

Got and installed mine today. Looks great but I'd like to add brighter bulbs to make it stand out even more.

Thanks for killer deal on this mod!

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes SOME are, like the guy that's selling it on ebay for $12.99....$12.99 is a stretch if you ask me.

Plus $2 shipping for a 300% markup. Personally I hope he doesn't sell any.

#98 7 years ago

looking forward to receiving mine!

#99 7 years ago

Paypal payment sent! Looks Awesome

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Got and installed mine today. Looks great but I'd like to add brighter bulbs to make it stand out even more.
Thanks for killer deal on this mod!

I think it's time we went shopping at Comet. 2 smd clear dome?

Quoted from Leeb18509:

Plus $2 shipping for a 300% markup. Personally I hope he doesn't sell any.

I forgot about that.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-skulls-in-coffin-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.