“Which Coffin mod is your favorite?”

• Lit skull 24 votes
    96%
  • Lit eyeball 1 vote
    4%
  • Piston 0 votes

(25 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1721 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
WED_4699 (resized).JPG
WED_4697 (resized).JPG
WED_4692 (resized).JPG
WED_4681 (resized).JPG
WED_4665 (resized).JPG
WED_4675 (resized).JPG
WED_4664 (resized).JPG
WED_4634 (resized).JPG
WED_4620 (resized).JPG
WED_4589 (resized).JPG
WED_4588 (resized).JPG
WED_4563 (resized).JPG
WED_4568 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I'm gauging interest in some coffin ball lock modifications for Metallica Pro. I've been working on several versions based on eyeballs, skulls, and pistons with coffins.

The mod is designed to sit above the captive ball coffin lock (behind the newton ball).

The coffin sits on a stand which is affixed to the playfield plastic with earthquake putty (included).
The LEDs are triggered from the first coffin ball lock light (also could be 2nd or 3rd light). The connection is via clips so no splicing or soldering is necessary.

Most of the mock-up version of coffins shown in the pictures have a flat surface. I expect the final versions will have the raised edges as shown in the picture with the black skull with unlit eyes.

The versions and prices (includes domestic shipping) are:
1. Lit Bloodshot eyeball (green iris) on coffin, $40
2. Lit Eyeball with metal claw ring (blue iris) on coffin, $40
3. Lit Eyeball with metal claw ring (brown iris) on coffin, $40

4. Silver Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $55
5. Black Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $60

6. Piston on coffin (unlit), $25

Coffins, skulls and pistons are all metal.

PM me if you are interested in one of the versions. I'll be at the Chicago Expo (2016) and can order materials to start fabrication when I return next week.

If there is enough interest, I'll move this to the marketplace.

Thanks!

WED_4568 (resized).JPG
WED_4563 (resized).JPG
WED_4588 (resized).JPG
WED_4589 (resized).JPG
WED_4620 (resized).JPG
WED_4634 (resized).JPG
WED_4664 (resized).JPG
WED_4675 (resized).JPG
WED_4665 (resized).JPG

WED_4681 (resized).JPG

WED_4692 (resized).JPG
WED_4697 (resized).JPG
WED_4699 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Niiiiiice.

#3 3 years ago

That's very cool man

#4 3 years ago

These are great!!! I'm in on one for sure

#6 3 years ago

That looks sick! If I ever have the courage to buy a NIB MET (playfield issues) I will get one of your mods.

#7 3 years ago

I like the lit chrome skull one, pm sent. Also, does the putty come with each one?

#8 3 years ago

Skull looks awesome! Can you replace the led eyes with actual lasers of death?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Can you replace the led eyes with actual lasers of death?

Oh bad idea even if it could even be done. You wouldn't even be able to see the beams unless there was smoke or something under the glass.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like the lit chrome skull one, pm sent. Also, does the putty come with each one?

Yes, I include the putty.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh bad idea even if it could even be done. You wouldn't even be able to see the beams unless there was smoke or something under the glass.

Ill tempered sea bass with lasers?

Zene10- Is the casket metal or plastic?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Ill tempered sea bass with lasers?
Zene10- Is the casket metal or plastic?

Caskets and skulls are metal.

#14 3 years ago

Thanks for the interest. The skulls have been moved to the Marketplace.

Archived after 49 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Mod - For Sale
New “Silver Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $55 (USPS First Class included in price, continental USA). The mod is designed to sit above the captive ball coffin lock (behind the newton b...”
2017-01-05
Tucson, AZ
55 (Firm)

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

Installed in minutes and what a great addition.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Installed in minutes and what a great addition.

Good to hear, mines on it's way.

1 week later
#17 3 years ago

Are the skull eyes supposed to be lit all the time during game play?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are the skull eyes supposed to be lit all the time during game play?

Mine aren't. It depends on what light source you hook them up to.

#19 3 years ago

Strange, I have it hooked up to the first of the 3 ball lock lights and when that light is off my skull eyes are still lit.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Strange, I have it hooked up to the first of the 3 ball lock lights and when that light is off my skull eyes are still lit.

Paul, as noted in the directions, the clips can be placed on coffin lock lights 1, 2 or 3. This will keep them on 100% of the time when the associated coffin lock light is lit.

They can also be hooked to either casket flasher light. This will only light the eyes when the coffin flashers are triggered - and only when the flashers are lit.

The eyes are bright. I prefer mine hooked up to the flashers.

This is how Pinballerchef's mod is hooked up.

Hope this helps.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Paul, as noted in the directions, the clips can be placed on coffin lock lights 1, 2 or 3. This will keep them on 100% of the time when the associated coffin lock light is lit.
They can also be hooked to either casket flasher light. This will only light the eyes when the coffin flashers are triggered - and only when the flashers are lit.
The eyes are bright. I prefer mine hooked up to the flashers.
This is how Pinballerchef's mod is hooked up.
Hope this helps.

Exactly! Since Zene10 here lives just down the road from me he came by and installed it for me (that and helped me with a two man effort on another one of my pins). Awesome Mod and great guy in the hobby who enjoys working/Modding pins as much as he does playing them. Thanks again bud!

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Mine came with no directions and when I hooked mine up to lock light 1 they stayed on even when the lock light was off. It's a no brainer to hook this mod up but I was just wondering why most everyone can hook theirs up that way and it works where as mine doesn't. Very strange.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine came with no directions and when I hooked mine up to lock light 1 they stayed on even when the lock light was off. It's a no brainer to hook this mod up but I was just wondering why most everyone can hook theirs up that way and it works where as mine doesn't. Very strange.

Are you able to hook it up to your flashers?? I can take pics of mine installed if need be. That way they won't always be "on" when hooked up to the coffin locks like you have currently.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does this match how yours are hooked up?

pasted_image (resized).png

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

No I just spliced into the wires. I'll try that. Thanks

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry, I've been out of town. Forgot to send you the link to the installations directions when I sent out your coffin. PM'd you the link.

To clarify, mod clips are hooked to the red coffin ball lock lights, the eyes in the skull will light whenever that particular ball lock light is lit. If the lock light is on, the eyes will stay lit.

Some people find that having the eyes lit the entire time the coffin ball light is on is distracting. I suggest hooking up the coffin to either of the white coffin flashers.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

To clarify, mod clips are hooked to the red coffin ball lock lights, the eyes in the skull will light whenever that particular ball lock light is lit. If the lock light is on, the eyes will stay lit.

I have it hooked up to the first ball lock light and even when that light is NOT on the skull lights ARE on. I'll hook it up to a flasher.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have it hooked up to the first ball lock light and even when that light is NOT on the skull lights ARE on. I'll hook it up to a flasher.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Are you able to hook it up to your flashers?? I can take pics of mine installed if need be. That way they won't always be "on" when hooked up to the coffin locks like you have currently.

#29 3 years ago

Great looking mod.
I will be ordering one soon.
Thanks for the option.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I clipped them on like that and now it works. Thanks

4 months later
#31 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Caskets and skulls are metal.

If anyone is interested in a coffin mod this one looks cool as heck. I talked to zene10 and he said right now he isn't making them but there has been a couple people wanting his mod and he said if he can get 10-15 people wanting it he will make them. He is starting a list so if you would like one please pm him and get on the list

IMG_1721 (resized).PNG

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

If anyone is interested in a coffin mod this one looks cool as heck. I talked to zene10 and he said right now he isn't making them but there has been a couple people wanting his mod and he said if he can get 10-15 people wanting it he will make them. He is starting a list so if you would like one please pm him and get on the list

I think I might have bought the last one that he made around Xmas. I can vouch for the fact that it integrates well with the game and highlights the coffin area. Now, none of my guests (casual players) ask me - "what do you hit for the coffin?" anymore. It is well integrated with the game, looks like it belongs there and is the perfect size for the area.

Hopefully he can get enough people on the list as the Pro deserves it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside