Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

225860-i.jpg
image-932.jpg
image-168.jpg
image-180.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Ok, I'm an idiot. I swear I followed the instructions with the kit but it's not working. I'd appreciate any help and pics as to how you installed yours. Please explain as if you were talking to someone who knows nothing because that's a good description of me as I'm a newbie! Thanks

#2 9 years ago

did you put the setting in the menu to "shaker on"

#3 9 years ago

I'm looking at feature adjustment #107 and it shows shaker motor maximal use. Is it under a different setting to just turn it on?

#4 9 years ago

I put one in and im a newbie too. So do you have physical installation issues with the shaker in the cab, the little controller board on the left of the cab, or wiring connections ?

#5 9 years ago

No reason to beat up on your self.

Lets see if we can help you.. Can you post a picture of the shaker control board with the harnesses plugged in. Also check the fuses on the the shaker board. Where did you get the shaker from?

JJ

#6 9 years ago

Got it from little shop of games. Will try to post pics after dinner. Is there a sepearately setting just to activate it?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from M-Kauffman:

Got it from little shop of games. Will try to post pics after dinner. Is there a sepearately setting just to activate it?

no if its set on maximum it should work...did you try to test in coil test mode? (#8)

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from M-Kauffman:

I would check your connections be sure they are plugged in correctly, make sure none of them are one pin of ect... There was a bad batch of harnesses about 10 months ago I saw some issues with

JJ

#9 9 years ago

Here's some pics. I did try the coil test and got nothing. What doesn't look right?

image-180.jpgimage-180.jpg image-932.jpgimage-932.jpg image-168.jpgimage-168.jpg
#10 9 years ago
Quoted from M-Kauffman:

Here's some pics. I did try the coil test and got nothing. What doesn't look right?

image-180.jpg 353 KB

image-168.jpg 354 KB

image-932.jpg 479 KB

The black wire that goes to the power supply isn't plugged correctly. Try switching it around.

#11 9 years ago

The black wire that fits in the two prong connector? Sorry, too many black wires

#12 9 years ago

In you're 3rd pic you can see the two plugs I think you have to switch them around. I just installed a shaker today on my Ironman so I think that could be it. Not 100% though

#13 9 years ago

These two try switching, might work

225860-i.jpg225860-i.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Just tried. They have to fit that way. Otherwise it's two female plugs

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from M-Kauffman:

Just tried. They have to fit that way. Otherwise it's two female plugs

Damn, sorry man I want it to work for you that's the only thing I saw.

#16 9 years ago

Do you have any other games with a shaker motor in them?

Do you have a meter?

#17 9 years ago

I appreciate the help Hazoff. I'm sure someone else will come up with something

#18 9 years ago

Is that second plug in that picture he mentioned plugged into anything? The reason I ask is when I installed my Tron shaker motor there was a plug that was way in the back of the cabinet back behind the transformer that I had to untangle and route to the front of the cabinet to plug into a plug that looks like that one. I hope this helps if not look through service menu there maybe something weird to activate other than max level.
Good Luck!!!

#19 9 years ago

Yeah, nothing to plug into. Another female plug and that's about it. Hmmm

#20 9 years ago

Ill take some pics of my met pro. Its been a couple months, but i dont remember having to connect anything to the right hand power area. My game was pre wired with connectors right where the shaker kit needed them. All on left side of machine.

The only tricky connection i had was finding the connector way back in the cab to connect to the harness that goes up to the back box. That is one of the last steps. Did you run a wire (i think it was brown) along the bottom of the cab and plug it into the harness in the bundle of wires laying on the floor of the cab in the back?

#21 9 years ago

There are 2 types of controlboard. One has a connection to the right side of the cabinet so that seems to be OK looking at the controlboard. Unfortuantely I have only the controlboard that connects to left side cabinet and has a cable running to the back of the cabinet so cant be of further assistance

#22 9 years ago

Number 1 thing to check when anything on a pinball doesn't work is the fuse. Is the fuse on that board good? you also may want to check in the head for a bad fuse. Also make sure the coin door is closed when checking the fuses in the head. They light up red when good.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There are 2 types of controlboard. One has a connection to the right side of the cabinet so that seems to be OK looking at the controlboard. Unfortuantely I have only the controlboard that connects to left side cabinet and has a cable running to the back of the cabinet so cant be of further assistance

Oh is that the diff between the A and B shaker kits? OP, which kit do you have?

#24 9 years ago

Great news! I figured it out...well, thanks to a fellow pinhead. The brown connector was in fact in the back. Funny, the directions never said that. They did say to plug it into the connector on the right side on the inside of the cab. Anyway, the game is shakin' and rockin'! The shaker motor is a must and compliments the game. Thanks to all who replied and offered to help. Great pin karma on this site for sure.

#25 9 years ago

glad to hear its working...it is a must have on metallica, along with a powered sub... those two additions to the machine make it an experience for sure

#26 9 years ago

Great news! Congrats. I like the shaker on mine too.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

glad to hear its working...it is a must have on Metallica, along with a powered sub... those two additions to the machine make it an experience for sure

Which powered sub do u have or recommend?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Which powered sub do u have or recommend?

I would also like to know a good sub to use.

#29 9 years ago

polk 10 inch subs are great value for what you get.

#30 9 years ago

BTW - your plumb bob is installed upside down. The cone should stick up into the ring, allowing for you to adjust the sensitivity by moving it up and down.

#31 9 years ago

polk 10" is what I use...you can get them most of the time around $99 and some of the time around $75...you can plug 2 machines into one sub with no problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-shaker-motor-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.