• Latest reply 6 years ago by Junglist
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-06-24_at_10.13.48_AM.png
#1 8 years ago

Hello all, a Metallica Pro is on my short list of pins that I want to buy. I saw on Facebook Stern is beginning to run these again, but my question is for how long. I really want one. I considered buying a used one, but they just aren't available used and I want to make sure I can get one so buying new will probably be my only option. Does anyone know how long they will run this title for? I heard they quit making the LEs and Premiums. I know AC/DC was ended at the end of 2014 when the licensing ran out.

#2 8 years ago

They've made a lot of them. They'll be available for a long time on the HUO market, for sure.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Hello all, a Metallica Pro is on my short list of pins that I want to buy. I saw on Facebook Stern is beginning to run these again, but my question is for how long. I really want one. I considered buying a used one, but they just aren't available used and I want to make sure I can get one so buying new will probably be my only option. Does anyone know how long they will run this title for? I heard they quit making the LEs and Premiums. I know AC/DC was ended at the end of 2014 when the licensing ran out.

If you really want one, most distributors have them available and you could make a layaway deal with them to keep it reserved. Act fast, they are selling really well.

#4 8 years ago

that's a good idea to do a layaway. I will have to contact my distributor to find out details on that. I have an Addams Family that I'm lightly considering selling to fund a MET pro, but not sure if I want to let my TAF go.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

They've made a lot of them. They'll be available for a long time on the HUO market, for sure.

that's true, but I can't seem to find one that isn't modded out and cost more than a new LED NIB would be, but I'm sure if I waited around I could. Only problem is I'm not good at being patient when I have something on my mind

#6 8 years ago

i was told by a stern distributor that they were doing another run of the pros in July

#7 8 years ago

I would sell my taf to get a metallica in a heartbeat.

#8 8 years ago

Hopefully you picked up that great deal on that one near you ?

#9 8 years ago

I bought one in January right at the end of the last run. My first NIB pin, something I never figured I'd do. At the time, it wasn't clear if they were ever running more and I had the horrific images of Tron Mania and $8,000 Metallica pros running through my head.

My opinion is to just grab one. Its a great game, if you get one and end up wanting to unload it, its gonna sell fast.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

i was told by a stern distributor that they were doing another run of the pros in July

I heard this also. No one is sure when they will run the last ones, but the consensus seems to be before the end of the year.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I would sell my taf to get a Metallica in a heartbeat.

Really? I like my TAF, but I don't play it that much anymore. I'm so on the fence about this. It's a pretty decent example, not perfect by any means, but no planking, magnet burn, nice mansion, etc

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hopefully you picked up that great deal on that one near you ?

Nope, haven't got one yet, talked to a couple people, but no deal set. Are you talking about the one NPO has for sale?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I bought one in January right at the end of the last run. My first NIB pin, something I never figured I'd do. At the time, it wasn't clear if they were ever running more and I had the horrific images of Tron Mania and $8,000 Metallica pros running through my head.
My opinion is to just grab one. Its a great game, if you get one and end up wanting to unload it, its gonna sell fast.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but they made pretty man Metallicas, not sure how many Trons were made, but I think METs will be available used at a decent price, I could be wrong though.

I was thinking the same thing about getting one, if I need to get rid of it I can, but did that on an AC/DC and took a pretty good hit on it.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Nope, haven't got one yet, talked to a couple people, but no deal set. Are you talking about the one NPO has for sale?

Yep to bad u didn't grab that deal

#15 8 years ago

How long is their license good for? I have a feeling they will be selling out until it expires

#16 8 years ago

They made a lot of AC/DC as well and there are not many on the market. Metallica may turn out the same. The Rare Metallica seems to be the roadcase/bald guys

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know, his game was sweet and only one hour from my house!! If I had the cash sitting in the bank I probably would have taken it off his hands last weekend when I talked to him, but I don't have the money right now, hence being on the fence about selling my TAF, but I should have the cash to buy one before too much longer. I wish that deal would have worked out like him taking my TAF in trade + cash, but he was looking to buy a car with the money from his sale.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How long is their license good for? I have a feeling they will be selling out until it expires

That's just the thing, Stern is secretive about that and a lot of other stuff so it's all just speculation at this point. I'm thinking the license will expire at the end of the year like AC/DC did last year, but who knows.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

They made a lot of AC/DC as well and there are not many on the market. Metallica may turn out the same. The Rare Metallica seems to be the roadcase/bald guys

I couldn't hardly give my AC/DC pro away. Very nice machine, mirror blades, Cointaker LEDs, and scoop protectors. Ended up selling it for $3500.

#20 8 years ago

I've heard that their license to produce machines is valid through the end of this year

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but they made pretty man Metallicas, not sure how many Trons were made, but I think METs will be available used at a decent price, I could be wrong though.
I was thinking the same thing about getting one, if I need to get rid of it I can, but did that on an AC/DC and took a pretty good hit on it.

Was it an ACDC pro? Resale on that title is much softer than Metallica Pro. Too many major missing features plus the ugly Angus face. Metallica Pro looks and plays nearly the same as the Prem/LE. Demand is strong.

#23 8 years ago

License is set to expire Dec 2015.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I couldn't hardly give my AC/DC pro away. Very nice machine, mirror blades, Cointaker LEDs, and scoop protectors. Ended up selling it for $3500.

That seems like a average stern pro used price......You won't be making money on a pro when they are still available nib.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've heard that their license to produce machines is valid through the end of this year

nice. They'll be pumping these out for a bit Man even the used met pro price is bloated when you can get a nib pretty aggressively priced.

#26 8 years ago

I have decided to grab a MT Pro NIB from this LED run. Any must have protectors or mods I need to go ahead and grab? Was thinking of putting on some under cab LEDs, & a few of the other Mezel mods still available. (Sparky wire, grave arches, speakers).

#27 8 years ago

you could do the cliffy's, all the mezel mods

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

I have decided to grab a MT Pro NIB from this LED run. Any must have protectors or mods I need to go ahead and grab? Was thinking of putting on some under cab LEDs, & a few of the other Mezel mods still available. (Sparky wire, grave arches, speakers).

snake fangs and tongue sticker are must do (Down with the turtle!) and the anti-airball sparky plastic. Really, you should dive into the Metallica owners thread.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm hoping that's the case and if so I've got plenty of time.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man even the used met pro price is bloated when you can get a nib pretty aggressively priced.

I agree on this, there just isn't that many used pros available and the ones I found the pricing was higher than I expected so I'll probably go with a new one unless a nice deal on a used one pops up close to me.

#31 8 years ago

I want my METLE back badly! My hope is that Stern produces more Premiums as my 2nd choice after MET LE would be a road case premium. MET is the next game I'm saving for.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

I got the whole Pinbits protector set in clear which comes with the longer Sparky protector. It was good excuse to expose some bulbs as I found some of my LEDS loose and not lighting.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I sold it at that price for two reasons:

1. To get the money to buy a good Honda Fit in the near future.

2. There are a LOT of armchair salesmen here. People talk like you can buy a machine, put a couple mods on it, and sell it for 10% more than you spent on the game. I'm here to tell you right here, right now, that is NOT the case. That MetPro I had went for sub-$5000, and it had a ColorDMD, custom sound system, DD Sparky, and about 14 other mods. On top of that, that game had 350 plays.

Yeah, I get it, you don't get much for mods if anything, but the ColorDMD, sound system, and DD Sparky were some premium mods. I didn't take a belt buckle and put it near the in lanes and call it a premium mod; I had 2 very premium mods - ones that you could flat out argue should add to a game's price - and a sound system that would make ANY "kit in a box" sound as flat as a 1 week old soda.

And FTR, I had others offer me at least $5000 for that game. I got hit with at least 4 phone calls in under 30 minutes for that Metallica, but I held true to the first person that contacted me, and I took an even bigger loss because my integrity is more important to me than a couple hundred extra bucks. You can't buy integrity, and I refuse to give mine away.

I will say this though: my charity days are over. MetPro was it. I'm not cutting my wrists vertically anymore to bleed generosity in this community. That ended lastnight.

#34 8 years ago

NPO the Honda Fit is a great vehicle. Its not gonna turn heads but it's gonna get great mpg & never break down.

Your MET went sub $5 due to timing IMO. You sold after the Kiss & Rob Zombie announcement. Plus you waited until the game was back in production. I think a few mos ago or early 2016 would have turned out better for you but we are taking about only a few hundie anyway so I wouldnt fret too much.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

2. There are a LOT of armchair salesmen here. People talk like you can buy a machine, put a couple mods on it, and sell it for 10% more than you spent on the game. I'm here to tell you right here, right now, that is NOT the case. That MetPro I had went for sub-$5000, and it had a ColorDMD, custom sound system, DD Sparky, and about 14 other mods. On top of that, that game had 350 plays.
Yeah, I get it, you don't get much for mods if anything, but the ColorDMD, sound system, and DD Sparky were some premium mods. I didn't take a belt buckle and put it near the in lanes and call it a premium mod; I had 2 very premium mods - ones that you could flat out argue should add to a game's price - and a sound system that would make ANY "kit in a box" sound as flat as a 1 week old soda.
And FTR, I had others offer me at least $5000 for that game. I got hit with at least 4 phone calls in under 30 minutes for that Metallica, but I held true to the first person that contacted me, and I took an even bigger loss because my integrity is more important to me than a couple hundred extra bucks. You can't buy integrity, and I refuse to give mine away.
I will say this though: my charity days are over. MetPro was it. I'm not cutting my wrists vertically anymore to bleed generosity in this community. That ended lastnight.

Yep heck of a deal I wld have paid 5 no problem and probably more towards 5500 for that exact pin if I didn't yave one already. If I do the ssme stuff you had it cost me over 6k easy so someone definitely got a deal especially if they love them mods which most do anyhow

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Your MET went sub $5 due to timing IMO. You sold after the Kiss & Rob Zombie announcement.

Sounds like his should have gone for a bit more anyway, but I'm one of the ones that's interested in Metallica and have been slowed down on it after the RZ announcement (the limit forces priority, and I expect it to have far superior art to any Metallica). I have a couple tickets on the PP Pro raffle...perhaps I'll get lucky :p

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That might be a bit harsh. The market and your timing to sell dictated the price. Your machine was great and very nice, but I think a lot of us have sold machines cheaper than we wanted to. I wish things could have worked out and I ended up with it, but I'm sure the new owner is happy with it; I would have been for sub $5K and I don't know the final number it sold for.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

That might be a bit harsh. The market and your timing to sell dictated the price. Your machine was great and very nice, but I think a lot of us have sold machines cheaper than we wanted to. I wish things could have worked out and I ended up with it, but I'm sure the new owner is happy with it; I would have been for sub $5K and I don't know the final number it sold for.

For the record, that was not towards you directly. A lot of things have been building in this community that have irritated and upset me, and that was just the "last straw".

Edited - I've bitched enough. In the end, it's only pinball .

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sheesh, suck it up buttercup, whinge much?
It's pinball, win some, not win some, if this is the most heinous thing to happen to you this year then you're not doing too badly after all.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I agree on this, there just isn't that many used pros available and the ones I found the pricing was higher than I expected so I'll probably go with a new one unless a nice deal on a used one pops up close to me.

This is why I passed on a handful of used met pro's.......

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want my METLE back badly! My hope is that Stern produces more Premiums as my 2nd choice after MET LE would be a road case premium. MET is the next game I'm saving for.

well it may be coming..... Stern posted this just recently.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-24_at_10.13.48_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-06-24_at_10.13.48_AM.png

#42 8 years ago

Used are higher bc of nice expensive mods so if you plan on doing all the same mods save some money and buy a huo with everything done bc alot of these m8ds are very expensive

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Didn't you list the game at asking of $5k? If so...then wouldn't you of just waited until the game sold? I guess I don't get the issue on why you sold it low, if you have an asking price, stick to it, and the first person to low ball you, you don't have to accept. I have no idea what happened though....

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Used are higher bc of nice expensive mods so if you plan on doing all the same mods save some money and buy a huo with everything done bc alot of these m8ds are very expensive

well to a point. Just like a used car with mods doesn't sell high. To me mods are meh. I won't pay much extra for a mod readily available and easy to get and install. If it was a rare mod, then okay. But like the snake tongue and teeth? I won't pay for that..that is ridiculous. THis is a hobby, things lose value once they are unboxed. If you buy nib games to increase value then don't open them. Unless a game becomes popular and hard to find, I don't understand why everyone/game has to make a profit when sold. Do I enjoy profit on a sale? yes. But I also know my nib games won't be making me money, but to pay a few hundred to play for x months/years and be able to sell it, is a great return.

#45 8 years ago

well to a point. Just like a used car with mods doesn't sell high. To me mods are meh. I won't pay much extra for a mod readily available and easy to get and install. If it was a rare mod, then okay. But like the snake tongue and teeth? I won't pay for that..that is ridiculous. THis is a hobby, things lose value once they are unboxed. If you buy nib games to increase value then don't open them. Unless a game becomes popular and hard to find, I don't understand why everyone/game has to make a profit when sold. Do I enjoy profit on a sale? yes. But I also know my nib games won't be making me money, but to pay a few hundred to play for x months/years and be able to sell it, is a great return.

I get that but If a huo met has a color dmd, powdered Armor, creeping death, shaker and custom sparky for 5500 ill take that over a nib for 4800 any day bc I am going to put all them mods on anyhow which with the cost of the pin will be well over 6k so y not buy at 5500 to save yourself money?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

well it may be coming..... Stern posted this just recently.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-24_at_10.13.48_AM.png

I am nearly certain more premiums will be coming soon... Bring on Roadcase premiums with Alt translite (or a Ride the lightning middle finger edition similar to what Stern did with Luci)

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I get that but If a huo met has a color dmd, powdered Armor, creeping death, shaker and custom sparky for 5500 ill take that over a nib for 4800 any day bc I am going to put all them mods on anyhow which with the cost of the pin will be well over 6k so y not buy at 5500 to save yourself money?

Sure. It works if your mod taste is the same as that persons. Just like a modded car. THe buyer that will buy it, has the same taste as the seller. Which is rare, but happens.

2 years later
#48 6 years ago

So, obviously some of the posts saying the run is done this year (stated 2 years ago) proved incorrect. Anyone have any advice/insight on how long Stern will crank out MET for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-produced-for-how-long?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.