72%
  • Original incandescent version 7 votes
    28%

(25 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150620_105109379.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Just wondering what you guys would want. I would love to have the original but others say the new LED version is really nice? If you have an original LMK if ya wanna sell.

#2 6 years ago

You get the fancy speaker panel on the LED model and it comes with LEDs.

Only reason to possibly desire an original is that the early runs came with fangs on the snake... which broke over time anyways

#3 6 years ago

The LED model also has the new 1/2 wood 1/2 metal upper cabinet with wrap-around t molding. It looks sharp.

#4 6 years ago

I like my original, and chose it after led was available. I was able to led it my way which I would have done (for more money) anyway. I also prefer the all black speaker panel.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

You get the fancy speaker panel on the LED model and it comes with LEDs.
Only reason to possibly desire an original is that the early runs came with fangs on the snake... which broke over time anyways

My fangs never broke I guess I have been lucky so far.

#6 6 years ago

I prefer the Original Met Pro . Like the look of the backbox better.I install led's my way anyway .

#7 6 years ago

I own a LED version and just played an incandescent version. It was nice but didn't have that pop that LEDs lend to it. It was too dark. Get either but upgrade to LEDs if it's the non-LED version. IMO it's the only way to go.

#8 6 years ago

I just got a led pro, but honestly, I would have gotten an old version, I like the old back box as it matches a majority of the games.........in a few years though, I will be saying the opposite. Either way I will be changing the led colors anyway.

#9 6 years ago

Anyone have an original FS before I buy I NIB LED

#10 6 years ago

The LED's will be gone soon. Don't wait too long.

#11 6 years ago

If I were buying Id go original with the old style back box, same with IronMan verse the VE.

Either is a fine choice though, same game.......

#12 6 years ago

PM'd you.

#13 6 years ago

You cant go wrong. Excellent pin.

#14 6 years ago

I got a new LED Pro... I think one of the reasons for the backbox redesign was to tip the DMD back and eliminate glare off the glass. I don't think a lot needs changing color-wise in the new Pro, maybe getting a few colored LED's to tone down where the white ones glare out from under the sling plastics.

#15 6 years ago

I like the old style back box better. The LED's are nicely done in the LED version.

#16 6 years ago

I like the old style backbox and I would redo to LED's anyway.IMG_20150620_105109379.jpg

#17 6 years ago

Have had all three versions LE, PRO and LED PRO and would go with the LED PRO all the way looks sick and has the neat new redesigned backglass; makes a huge different almost no glare with the DMD angled and you get the speaker panel decal and it comes fully led'd and has the retooled drop targets also.
Just my two cents

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have had all three versions LE, PRO and LED PRO and would go with the LED PRO all the way looks sick and has the neat new redesigned backglass; makes a huge different almost no glare with the DMD angled and you get the speaker panel decal and it comes fully led'd and has the retooled drop targets also.
Just my two cents

Agreed

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just my two cents

I thought I wanted the old stlye to "match" the rest and then I realized that I don't give a crap about matching when the new one is an improvement for all the reasons mentioned.

Matching goes out the window anyway unless you're never going to purchase another new Stern. Which I promptly did, ST premium.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside