Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Breadfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am looking to add another pin, and have pretty much decided between Metallica or The Walking Dead, pro versions mainly. I have an ac dc pro now, and while fun, tends to be on the hard side and people are turned off almost instantly with all the drains that happen in that game. Are either of these machines in the same boat as ac dc, or can there be fun to had by any one who picks it up? I may go with an Met premium if the right price comes along, so who knows.

Are there any other pins I may be overlooking? I thought about Iron man as well, and really want a LOTR but they seem hard to come by around these parts. Thanks all in advanced!

#2 9 years ago

Metallica. Play it and love it, one of the best pins Stern has made. And the code is complete, barring any cool extras they may add.

TWD's code isn't done. So if/when you get tired of Metallica sell it and buy a HUO TWD, maybe the code will be finished on it by then. Then you'll have another new game, that's all done, to enjoy.

Don't buy games with unfinished code, it's always ultimately frustrating.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the input! The only concern I have on metallica is it seems like there is not much variety on the playfield, not many cool features that people may gravitate towards. I am trying to get my family more involved in pinball, and toys seem to make them happy!

#4 9 years ago

Metallica for sure the play field has great shots ,art and the sparky toy never gets old IMO. The dot animations are top notch, code is near finished and is a lot of fun to play. I just picked up the Pro with LED's and the lights are fantastic too.

#5 9 years ago

At the point they are now with code Metallica Pro

#6 9 years ago

Metallica all day long. It is one of my favorite purchases. So happy with it. I had high hope for TWD, but it just doesn't so it for me. Metallica is one of Sterns best.

#7 9 years ago

Are you family and friends more into music or zombies?

#8 9 years ago

Metallica! Awsome pin.

#9 9 years ago

Met is quite a pin! IM is quite a pin! LOTR is, well, quite a pin! I would wait and see on a TWD Pro.

I own IM and ST Pro and to be honest I could just go back and forth on those 2 pins and be very happy. IM is hard with short playtimes and ST has longer playtimes and is more fun for me to play than the intense IM. They balance each other out.

So, what I am getting at is to try to find that 2 Stern mix in your collection that play off each other and you will be happy.

You have ACDC Pro, is that a keeper? If so what would balance out with it? I think Met would. Good luck!

#10 9 years ago

ACDC may be a keeper, depending if I can get better at it. It may be the way I have it set up, but man do we get a lot of drains, not only stdm drains, but even more so in the outlanes. Seems like any bounce off the slingshots goes right down the outlanes.

It looks like I am leaning towards Metallica, now I just need to find one. Is the premium really worth the extra 2k for one though? Thanks for all the advice guys.

#11 9 years ago

I would go with the Metallica pro if I were you. AC/DC is the one where I would say the premium is worth the extra money, but Metallica premium does not seem all that different to me anyway.

#12 9 years ago

Twd is a aussom pin try playing both then buy one .

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

ACDC may be a keeper, depending if I can get better at it. It may be the way I have it set up, but man do we get a lot of drains, not only stdm drains, but even more so in the outlanes. Seems like any bounce off the slingshots goes right down the outlanes.
It looks like I am leaning towards Metallica, now I just need to find one. Is the premium really worth the extra 2k for one though? Thanks for all the advice guys.

Take out Stern's tiny posts out of the drains on AC/DC,& replace them with the bigger Bally star posts. You'll thank me later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-or-twd-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.