4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

050925DF-168E-47E9-9E22-5F73B475FA86 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Hi Everyone ! Hope someone can help. I turned on my machine and played for a few minutes when the music started getting quiet, and had static. Then a very loud humming started coming from the main speaker in cabinet. I shut it off, then turned it back on, The humming continued, but it played as it should, no problems, with game play,lights, etc. The volume has no affect on how loud it is, and its very loud. Not sure whats going on, and I'm hoping someone could help me out, and steer me in the right direction . thanks so much...Al

#2 4 years ago

Follow the speaker connections to the board. Make sure they didn’t come lose.
I don’t have a photo where they connected to the board, but it’s on the upper right. Center of photo (4 red wires into white connector).
050925DF-168E-47E9-9E22-5F73B475FA86 (resized).jpeg050925DF-168E-47E9-9E22-5F73B475FA86 (resized).jpeg

#3 4 years ago

I checked the connections, all seem tight and secure, I will check again, any other things I could try ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-hum-coming-from-speaker-in-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.